Ross County v Saints.

sixties saintee

12 hours ago, Cagey said:

Who would have thought Livi would hammer Hibs & Hamilton hammer Motherwell.

Always thought Hibs were in a false position as they have had a few jammy results.

Have to hand it to Livi - they're on course for another very successful season. Are their players really better than ours? Are Dundee United's? Not from what I've seen - and I think that's the disappointing thing. It used to be us who played above ourselves, who finished above other teams against the odds, who found a way of grinding out results when it mattered. Now more often than not it's the other teams doing those things against us. We need to recover those qualities or we're always going to struggle at this level.

7 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Have to hand it to Livi - they're on course for another very successful season. Are their players really better than ours? Are Dundee United's? Not from what I've seen - and I think that's the disappointing thing. It used to be us who played above ourselves, who finished above other teams against the odds, who found a way of grinding out results when it mattered. Now more often than not it's the other teams doing those things against us. We need to recover those qualities or we're always going to struggle at this level.

It was because we played a solid defensive 4 (and kept clean sheets)  Two wingers and 2 strikers.

Times change as do formations call me old fashioned but I liked the 4.4.2 It won us the Scottish Cup and got us into Europe.

Would it be so bad to return to that formation

Clark

Rooney         Gordon         Kerr         Tanser

O'Halloran     McCann     Craig      Wotherspoon

May        Hendry

56 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

In regards to Livi, I'd say no. Dundee Utd have 3 strikers better than any of our own I'd suggest.

55 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Exactly,I am happy with the squad apart from the ones I have mentioned a few times.

We have 3 strikers we know can score but not at the moment.

We have McCann in midfield but the only other one I would play at the moment is Craig & there lies one of the problems.

Spoony on the left & O'Halloran on the right should work.

Defensively we have decent player but the centre backs are not commanding their area.

Goalkeeper is a problem & Saturday again highlighted it. Clark made 2 saves late on that saved a point but played a major part in a goal that lost us 2 points.

Maybe its the system then.

One thing is certain we can't rely on 2 shite teams saving us as there doesn't seem to be much between bottom 8.

59 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

It was because we played a solid defensive 4 (and kept clean sheets)  Two wingers and 2 strikers.

Times change as do formations call me old fashioned but I liked the 4.4.2 It won us the Scottish Cup and got us into Europe.

Would it be so bad to return to that formation

Clark

Rooney         Gordon         Kerr         Tanser

O'Halloran     McCann     Craig      Wotherspoon

May        Hendry

Why when you have natural very good left footed centre back do you leave him out? Just a question. 

20 hours ago, 17May said:

Mccart is brutal for that, everytime it’s a long ball to no one

Earlier in the season McCart was playing the ball out to Tanser but more  often now it is a punt. I think it may be instructions to play the ball over the top to the striker but it doesnt seem to be working & now just looks like the easy option

Pretty depressing assessment:

“It is now four losses and five draws in their last nine Premiership matches. 

They've kept just one clean sheet in that time.”

Will anything change vs Dundee United? Shape? Goalkeeper? Striker? 

I couldn’t stand it if those smug b****** gave us a doing. Hearing the pish coming out of Tannadice from Mellon and Frail it hasn’t taken them long to start talking like world beaters and sleeping giants again.

We have 38 games to play and so there’s plenty of time to find our form and get a few results. We can’t be certain that the government won’t panic and shut things down again. We are perilously close to where we do not want to be, good squad or not, should there be something similar like the end to last season. Poor management from CD to have us in this position? So many frustrations, as many have already articulated whether by what we have witnessed or by statistics.

14 minutes ago, andrew said:

We have 38 games to play and so there’s plenty of time to find our form and get a few results. We can’t be certain that the government won’t panic and shut things down again. We are perilously close to where we do not want to be, good squad or not, should there be something similar like the end to last season. Poor management from CD to have us in this position? So many frustrations, as many have already articulated whether by what we have witnessed or by statistics.

Must not forget Motherwell and Hamilton might yet get their 3 - 0 freebies back.  Even if they don't they will probably pick up some points when the games are played. 

50 minutes ago, andrew said:

Visual of a s*** season 

878FEDDE-E5BC-4CDA-A19B-2FEE3523EF67.jpeg

1 hour ago, Stumpy1966 said:

Why when you have natural very good left footed centre back do you leave him out? Just a question. 

It is the formation I am taking about. I am happy to have any 2 from 3 Kerr Gordon or McCart. You can also change the other positions to suit your favoured players but is 4.4.2 not a feasible option when playing outside the Old Firm