Dundee United v Saints Saturday 9th January - Tayside Derby

R.B.B:- Adz

For a Saturday afternoon match the under soil heating would have to be switched on at the latest onThursday morning, when it is an on going cold spell. The problem is that frost penetrates slowly deeper into the ground. The temperature from 22nd December to Saturday had been below zero almost every night and not much above freezing everyday, with Friday night being about -8c.

The under soil heating gives a very gentle heat as not to damage the grass roots. So if the ground is frozen below the surface down to heating system it is a slow process to reach and defrost the surface.

As for rescheduling the game for 5pm the temperature was only 2c at that time so a decision would have had to be made by say 3pm as whether the match is on. Which is unlikely as you would need a temperature of about +6c to have a significant thaw.

13 minutes ago, dave mc said:

Some grassing Arab snake has reported a fans page that has allegedly been showing away games,so been stopped by Saints,if you know who,let us all know 

Yet there is supposedly an Arab fb account doing the exact same and reputedly has a few 1000 followers. 

5 hours ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Yep little or no explanation given, not good enough, and an unnecessary distraction in a week that may determine how comfortable we are for the next couple of months!  

not sure what you are implying about the betting:laugh:  if it was knobbled surely it would have gone ahead?

I am just curious as to whether there were maybe injuries or similar taht they were keeping quiet

11 hours ago, mainstand said:

I am just curious as to whether there were maybe injuries or similar taht they were keeping quiet

We are without Fuchs, Butcher, Chalmers, Edwards, McNulty. 

I would expect Seigrist, Reynolds, Connelly, Neilson, L.Smith, Robson, Harkes, Clark, Shankland, Apere, Bolton

if half of them are missing you may have a case!

16 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Shankland must have scored - what - 25 goals by now? What a player! Money well spent.

Shanks won us promotion to the top flight last season, with 26goals, and is an integral part of the team in the top flight that has remained in the top 6 for several months now. So yes, money very well spent, if you know anything about football you would have worked all that out, but as with everything else I will school you....again!

2 hours ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Shanks won us promotion to the top flight last season, with 26goals, and is an integral part of the team in the top flight that has remained in the top 6 for several months now. So yes, money very well spent, if you know anything about football you would have worked all that out, but as with everything else I will school you....again!

Nats and schooling dosent go well together ask Neil Findlay