Dundee United v Saints Saturday 9th January - Tayside Derby

R.B.B:- Adz

15 minutes ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Good game, fair result, Saints wanted and need the 3 points more, but a gutsy performance from United, good point well made!

Does Davidson always get a free one? Shocker!

Ok summation dude .result doesnae really help us in league  nice to know yer still alive. Pack still rule .

7 minutes ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Where do hear this mince....wee man?

Shanks is a quality international talent, showed it again tonight!  More than replayed the investment we made in bringing him to Tannadice, indeed we stand to make a significant profit for the whole deal. 

Ignorance is bliss eh... ask one of your ITK fans over on DeludedTangerines or whatever your forum is called. Brand new Miller home up the back of Monifieth.
But hey, that wonder strike tonight will have repaid that debt.. won’t it? Maybe not..

At least Shanksy boy got man of the match though...

33FCF5E4-72E2-4E90-858C-A9ADB01C68A2.jpeg

9 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Ignorance is bliss eh... ask one of your ITK fans over on DeludedTangerines or whatever your forum is called. Brand new Miller home up the back of Monifieth.
But hey, that wonder strike tonight will have repaid that debt.. won’t it? Maybe not..

At least Shanksy boy got man of the match though...

33FCF5E4-72E2-4E90-858C-A9ADB01C68A2.jpeg

Just because he lives in a big house, does not mean he owns it! He scored 26 goals last season, promotion worth MILLIONS to the club.  You as bad as the Nethy village idiot!  Saints had to double up on him all night, as teams always do...guess what? It makes room  all over the park and a shrewd tactician is able to squeeze points from tight contests, like you witnessed tonight.  Shanks has been an unmitigated success....and right now is a is worth more than the entire Saints forward line....probably the defence as well. (He also scores wonder goals! :wink:)

57 minutes ago, Linky said:

If Melamed plays like that every game, he will be our top scorer this season by a decent way, even with half the season gone.

If he does that Davidson will have egg on his face for not giving the guy a decent run.

Surely it hasn't taken 5 months to get him match fit.

6 minutes ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Just because he lives in a big house, does not mean he owns it! He scored 26 goals last season, promotion worth MILLIONS to the club.  You as bad as the Nethy village idiot!  Saints had to double up on him all night, as teams always do...guess what? It makes room  all over the park and a shrewd tactician is able to squeeze points from tight contests, like you witnessed tonight.  Shanks has been an unmitigated success....and right now is a is worth more than the entire Saints forward line....probably the defence as well. (He also scores wonder goals! :wink:)

:shock:

54 minutes ago, slf said:

Ok summation dude .result doesnae really help us in league  nice to know yer still alive. Pack still rule .

You’ll be ok SLF, good side, well coached, very impressive manager, loads of talent, keep the faith! 

We’re you one of the pack guys that I used to see running past the Sea Horse with the HHuns in hot pursuit? :wink:

42 minutes ago, Cagey said:

If he does that Davidson will have egg on his face for not giving the guy a decent run.

Surely it hasn't taken 5 months to get him match fit.

Or he will be proud of himself as Nd should be praised for getting the boy sorted and up to match speed and settled in the club. 

What you saw from him tonight MAY have been as a result of the work done by the club on him and the extra practice he has been doing. 

Also thought May looked sharp when he came on

Don't know why Kerr not at least on the bench. May be that civid has hit him badly.

Hope he is back on Saturday & allow Rooney to go to RWB .

McCann at wing back is a waste.

If Kerr not available I would go Rooney,Gordon,McCart,Booth,Tanser as back 5 . Shows how short we are in defence. Probably back 4 would be best though.

8 hours ago, mainstand said:

Or he will be proud of himself as Nd should be praised for getting the boy sorted and up to match speed and settled in the club. 

What you saw from him tonight MAY have been as a result of the work done by the club on him and the extra practice he has been doing. 

Also thought May looked sharp when he came on

Your party loyalty is admirable, blind but admirable.

9 hours ago, Smarmy Arab said:

I’ll agree, he’s a superb Chanpionship striker. You can’t deny he’s been an average Premier League Striker though. Don’t see him getting near the National Squad on his current form. 

wonder goal against the league’s worst keeper aside, he done very little. 

33 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

I’ll agree, he’s a superb Chanpionship striker. You can’t deny he’s been an average Premier League Striker though. Don’t see him getting near the National Squad on his current form. 

wonder goal against the league’s worst keeper aside, he done very little. 

Best comment I heard all night before his fluke was ‘He is that bad at the moment,if his head goes down any lower he will be able to sort out the under soil heating’.

52 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Not blind loyalty at all. I can't see why the manager would be telling us a lie and simply not playing him.

Managers always put their own spin on things. It comes with the job.

He is not going to say he thought he was pish but felt he had to play him as the chairman wasn't happy with my signings & said you are not getting anyone else in.

Football fans to the end! 

‘Fluke’ , ‘Championship striker’ , ‘average’ :oops:   Embarrassing. 

I would have thought such a thing of beauty, probably the most noteworthy footballing moment on the field of play involving St Johnstone this season might would be worth applause?   That goal goes into the history books, and will be talked about for years...and Saints were fortunate to be on the turf, their name now tagged into Scottish footballing folklore! Not even a thank you! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Much better from Saints last night I thought. Giving Melamed his chance and switching the formation so that we had two strikers made such a big difference to our play going forward. I really hope we never, ever have to see 3-4-3/5-2-3 ever again after this. A draw was probably a fair result in the end, although it irks a little that it took such a one-off goal from them to get their equaliser. Anyone blaming Clark for that goal is being ridiculous.

Even more baffled now by Melamed's lengthy absence from the team. He looked like a very good player to me last night. Sure, he missed a couple of chances, but he was getting into great positions, has a really strong first touch and is surprisingly good in the air for a player of his height. Really happy for him - I think he had a point to prove last night and he went a long way towards proving it. Now he has to keep it up and score regularly for us.

That's now four times we've played against United this season and they've looked incredibly average, and yet they've stayed comfortably in the top six for most of the season. Suppose they must be doing something right in their other games that we're not seeing.

11 hours ago, Johnny B said:

CD is sticking to his back 3 no matter what. Rooney is not a centre back and McCann is not a wing back. 4.4.2 would have allowed him to play a team in their natural positions.

Next game who at right wingback and who centre back? Because he will not change it, even though at this moment in time he does not have the players to play the system.

It was a good performance but the keeper and defense let us down again. I am not saying we would have done better or worse with 4.4.2 but at least players would be more comfortable in their natural positions and less likely to make mistakes.

Not sure about this. How would you have put last night's starting XI into a 4-4-2 without playing anyone out of position? The closest fit I can think of would be putting Wotherspoon wide right (even though he generally plays on the left) and Craig wide left (even though he usually plays in the middle these days). I think there was always going to be a bit of shifting around last night given the injury/suspension situation.

8 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Not sure about this. How would you have put last night's starting XI into a 4-4-2 without playing anyone out of position? The closest fit I can think of would be putting Wotherspoon wide right (even though he generally plays on the left) and Craig wide left (even though he usually plays in the middle these days). I think there was always going to be a bit of shifting around last night given the injury/suspension situation.

That starting IX does not fit into 3 5 2 nor does it fit into 4 4 2 take out Craig or Davidson and put in Conway and you have your 4 4 2

Rooney full back McCann in the centre where he does hid best work (not wasted as a wing back) and Wotherspoon and Conway wide. All playing in positions they are comfortable in and less likely to make mistakes. However CD and I differ, I would play a system that suits our players not trying to make a system fit the players whether they are are comfortable or competent in that position. But it is CD opinion that counts hence we will carry on playing players out of position. My prediction for the next game MOH as right wing back

11 hours ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Breath o fresh air Smarmy keep coming on Wap.