Scottish Cup

cristo

5 hours ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Er...no. Dee have one derby that matters, speak to a Dee fan and they will tell you in no uncertain terms.  Aberdeen? Saints? For Derryboys Just like playing StMirren or Kilmarnock or Annan Athletic.

Oh without a doubt dundee fans see that as a their only real derby, but I.doubt they'd really feel the need to comment on what a St Mirren or Annan fan thinks. Dundee and Utd may see their game as a derby like in glasgow or Edinburgh, but to the rest of the country, its seen as a bit cuddly, kind of like the ICT Ross county one. Plenty of players cross back and forth between and fans are all a bit friendly. I'd argue that St Mirren v Morton or even Dunfernline v Falkirk are more derbyesque than the Dundee one. You may disagree, but that is the perception. If I was dundee, I'd be flattered someone like saints disliked them enough to even see you as a derby. 

Anyway, all academic now, they wont be playing either Utd, Saints or even St Mirren and Aberdeen competitively for a while anyway. They can focus on the likes of alloa and Arbroath for the foreseeable. 

You’re right Yellow, it’s all about perception, when I look at a fixture list for a new season, (all being equal) I look for derby games first, then Saints, then the run in to the split, maybe Christmas week, the rest matters not! The Dundee derby is one of the big derbies in Scottish football, sellout most of the time, and not particularly cuddly, I’ll take you some day if you want? 

The Tayside thing is a bit like the North East of England, Newcastle v Sunderland is the derby, Middlesbrough are just there on the edge.

8 hours ago, john.w said:

Any of the master tacticians on here figured out why Guy seems to get subbed fairly regular. I read somewhere him and Liam wernae too chuffed about getting subbed. No as if we were sitting with a comfortable lead only saying

On the wrong site John if your looking for Master Tacticians.

10 hours ago, john.w said:

Any of the master tacticians on here figured out why Guy seems to get subbed fairly regular. I read somewhere him and Liam wernae too chuffed about getting subbed. No as if we were sitting with a comfortable lead only saying

May be he is not staying and CD is playing him sparingly when needed. 

Whilst we are looking for explanations can anyone explain why the assault on Stevie was not a penalty?  I know refs often wave claims away because they think the defender got a slight touch on the ball but Stevie was completely wiped out before the guy touched the ball with his head!

8 minutes ago, south inch said:

Whilst we are looking for explanations can anyone explain why the assault on Stevie was not a penalty?  I know refs often wave claims away because they think the defender got a slight touch on the ball but Stevie was completely wiped out before the guy touched the ball with his head!

It was a joke of a decision, he fouled May and made a folourn lunge at the ball with his head afterwards to try and get away with it.  Ref totally conned.