St.Johnstone V St.Mirren - Saturday 16th January

SaintJet

Another tough game this weekend. When we played this mob prior to Christams we were very unlucky not to win the win the game never mind come away with no points. The sending off of Kerr was pivitol. I'm hoping we get a better rub of the green this week. We have been playing decent and could really do with converting these performances in to wins. I believe one win could really change our fortunes and we could put together a wee decent run. 

Melamed and Kane to continue up front. I think we'll have no changes to the starting line up from Tannadice.

Hopefully keep the Melamed /Kane front two as I think they could build s good partnership after a few games together.

Hope Kerr is back & we can move Rooney to wingback & McCann back in midfield to replace Muzz.

The only problem is Callum may think that Guy & Craig can't do 2 games in a week & there is a big game next week.

I think they could both cope with it & bit of continuity for once might help.

11 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Hopefully keep the Melamed /Kane front two as I think they could build s good partnership after a few games together.

Hope Kerr is back & we can move Rooney to wingback & McCann back in midfield to replace Muzz.

The only problem is Callum may think that Guy & Craig can't do 2 games in a week & there is a big game next week.

I think they'll be fine to start - plus there is an incentive for the players of playing for a start in the semi-final

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

He has to start playing his best 11 and stick with it. Melamed and Craig are fit enough to start even if they only managed 50 minutes, the continuity outweighs the risks for me.

Only argument is that Kerr, our captain, should come back in. Who do you drop if that’s the case? Tough one for Callum in another must win game.

15 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

He has to start playing his best 11 and stick with it. Melamed and Craig are fit enough to start even if they only managed 50 minutes, the continuity outweighs the risks for me.

Only argument is that Kerr, our captain, should come back in. Who do you drop if that’s the case? Tough one for Callum in another must win game.

Move Rooney to wing back and McCann moves to Centre Mid.  Murray Davidson drops to bench as not been his usual effective self imo.

Kerr and Mickey return to squad James brown touch and go 

Zander

Kerr.    Gordon.  Mccart 

Rooney.     McCann.  Muzz.   Booth 

Spoony

Guy.       Kane 

Think it'll be a tough physical battle against a big strong team.bring on may and Mickey when needed to find the gaps

2 hours ago, tucker said:

Kerr and Mickey return to squad James brown touch and go 

Zander

Kerr.    Gordon.  Mccart 

Rooney.     McCann.  Muzz.   Booth 

Spoony

Guy.       Kane 

Think it'll be a tough physical battle against a big strong team.bring on may and Mickey when needed to find the gaps

Surely you’ve noticed how much of a better side we are at the moment when Liam Craig starts.

We need leaders at the moment. Guys who have been through this before and guys willing to grab others by the scruff of the neck.

LIAM MUST START!!

45 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Surely you’ve noticed how much of a better side we are at the moment when Liam Craig starts.

We need leaders at the moment. Guys who have been through this before and guys willing to grab others by the scruff of the neck.

LIAM MUST START!!

I think you might be right about Liam but is he going  to leave Muzz or Spoony out?

I still think he'll start with the same line up as at Tannadice with Jason on the bench.

5 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

LIAM MUST START!!

Agree 100 percent but Liam can't play two game's a week unfortunately now

2 hours ago, Johnny B said:

St Mirren play 4.5.1. Do we match them and play 1 up front I hope not. Callum always likes a surprise or a square peg in a round hole. 

Clark

Kerr    Gordon.  McCart 

MOH     McCann.      Craig      Booth 

Kane    Melamed   Wotherspoon

You’d have O’Halloran over Rooney?

From what I’ve seen of Rooney recently I’ve been mightily impressed.

1 minute ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

You’d have O’Halloran over Rooney?

From what I’ve seen of Rooney recently I’ve been mightily impressed.

Playing devil's advocate he got man of the match the last time he started their and I ate my hat (Danny on International duty). He also got man of the match the last time he started in the 10 role. 

20 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Playing devil's advocate he got man of the match the last time he started their and I ate my hat (Danny on International duty). He also got man of the match the last time he started in the 10 role. 

Fair enough. Isn’t it strange that we have two players that we both agree are POTENTIALLY excellent in one position(RWB). We have two solid LWBs in Tanser and Booth. We have a battle in CM between Davidson, Craig and McCann who are comprehensively popular players. We have playmaker in Wotherspoon who is in a very rich vein of form. We now have two strikers who both scored in their last match and are likely to keep our highest earner out of the team... yet we can’t buy a win!!

I think most Saints fans you spoke to would say that Kerr is a bit of Rolls Royce of a defender and on his days is one of the best in the league and Jamie McCart has impressed since he arrived - he is also a valuable commodity as a left footed centre back who can pick a pass and defend.

That only really leaves Liam Gordon and Zander Clark.

Does that tell Callum that we need an experienced centre half and a better goalkeeper?

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

11 hours ago, saintgscot said:

All these people saying guy a waste of a wage. I’ve always been give him a chance. But he scores does well to set one up. Now all these fans have gone to waste of a wage to he needs to play.

You'll need to be more specific. A lot of guys aren't worth a wage according to WAP.