St.Johnstone V St.Mirren - Saturday 16th January

SaintJet

Not pretty, but a vital three points with the other results.

Thought the second yellow for the St Mirren player was a bit harsh...one of a few strange decisions from the ref (Davidson's booking?!).

We did make heavy weather of their 10 men, although they didn't really have a chance of note.

I actually quite enjoyed that. Thought it was our best overall defensive showing this season and on another day, we could have had 3 or 4. 

Rooney at RWB might not provide as much going forward as Danny Mc but you basically have 4 big defenders to cover when under pressure and he’s still capable of contributing in attack. 

That might actually be something that adds a bit of extra stability to the back 5. 

big Zander didn’t have a real save to make but I still thought he was excellent today. He really dominated his box for 90 minutes for the first time in a long time and it’s no coincidence we didn’t concede with him doing that.

No real failures today, only change I’d make next game would be Liam for Bryson. 

3 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

I actually quite enjoyed that. Thought it was our best overall defensive showing this season and on another day, we could have had 3 or 4. 

Rooney at RWB might not provide as much going forward as Danny Mc but you basically have 4 big defenders to cover when under pressure and he’s still capable of contributing in attack. 

That might actually be something that adds a bit of extra stability to the back 5. 

big Zander didn’t have a real save to make but I still thought he was excellent today. He really dominated his box for 90 minutes for the first time in a long time and it’s no coincidence we didn’t concede with him doing that.

No real failures today, only change I’d make next game would be Liam for Bryson. 

You enjoyed that. Are you a masochist :razz:.

Agree with the rest of the post though.