St.Johnstone V HIbernian - League Cup semi Final Saturday 23rd Jan

SaintJet

Cup semi's don't cup around very often so lets start the week on a positive notice and celebrate us being there.

We have nothing to be afraid of facing a HIbs team that blow hot and cold and although they are in a great place in the league there really is nothing between both teams. This could be an exciting game and we have plenty talent to cause HIbs problems and land a place at Hampden for the Final. Not aware of any injuries so we should have a full squad to select from.

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

This game is live on Premier sports; does anyone know if you can get a day pass for this outfit?

No, but it's just £12.99 for a month (so a similar price to what clubs are charging for individual games anyway) and you can cancel before the next payment is taken (or keep it going for another month if Saints win, assuming the final will also be on that channel?). 

I'm not really a fan of subscribing to channels like this but on balance I prefer it to relying on dodgy streams.

5 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

No, but it's just £12.99 for a month (so a similar price to what clubs are charging for individual games anyway) and you can cancel before the next payment is taken (or keep it going for another month if Saints win, assuming the final will also be on that channel?). 

I'm not really a fan of subscribing to channels like this but on balance I prefer it to relying on dodgy streams.

Thanks bh

I've been to all the Semi-Finals Saints have been in including 2 Challenge Cup ties bar 1969

Mostly disappointed has been on the menu 

The 3.0 defeat from Motherwell was horrible  but for me the worst day was the 4.0 humping from Aberdeen in a cold horrible day in Edinburgh 

The 2.1 defeat from Dundee Utd at East end was a let down and my memories of Semi-Finals are in general not happy occasions 

Despite that I have good vibes for Saturday as we are in decent form and along with Melhemed and Kane starting to look like a partnership .Its extremely frustrating that this will be the first  tie I will not be at(Deemed to young for 69by my parents) I personally can't see  why they couldn't have put the Semi Final and final back until the spring,but it is what it is and I'll be cheering the team on from my arm chair .Like others have said its hard to get excited about this due to the normal build up .

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

I see Hibs fans trying to raise £100k for their Club to compensate for no fans by giving the ticket money that they would pay for Hampden. 

They better do it at the semi cause they wont be at the final :)

I have a good feeling about this game. I think we we are due. The last semi against HIbs we didn't turn up and I don't see this happening this time.

This is also a good time to be playing a cup match, get away from the struggles of the league.