St.Johnstone V HIbernian - League Cup semi Final Saturday 23rd Jan

SaintJet

3 hours ago, SaintJet said:

I have a good feeling about this game. I think we we are due. The last semi against HIbs we didn't turn up and I don't see this happening this time.

This is also a good time to be playing a cup match, get away from the struggles of the league. 

Was that at Tynecastle and we got beat 2-1 was it not after extra time? 

35 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Was that at Tynecastle and we got beat 2-1 was it not after extra time? 

3-1 wasn’t it? We had an decent team that year. Hard working, well organised and a smattering of talent (Scotland, Stanic, Sheerin, Morais off the top of my head)

we can up against a very good hibs team and ran them close. I wasn’t even in the stadium when Steven Fletcher made it 1-0 to hibs.

Sure they had Scott Brown, Whittaker, Michael Stewart.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

I recall the 1998 semi at Easter road when we beat Hears 3-0. What I night. It was baltic but we washed the floor with the Jambos that night. The pubs just down the road from Easter road were packed with Saints fans and the bus drivers were going nuts trying to get the fans to leave.

Definitely in my top five all-time Saints games. Sensational performance from Saints that night and an incredible atmosphere.

4 hours ago, mainstand said:

My main memory of that night is being in the second back row of the upper tier behind the goal, oxygen mask by the time you got up there :)

You must have been in the posh seats at the 2014 Cup Final at Celtic Park.  We were in the upper tier of the North Stand and had to stop for oxygen and refreshments at a sort of base camp halfway up.  Great view though when we got there!

9 hours ago, SaintJet said:

I recall the 1998 semi at Easter road when we beat Hears 3-0. What I night. It was baltic but we washed the floor with the Jambos that night. The pubs just down the road from Easter road were packed with Saints fans and the bus drivers were going nuts trying to get the fans to leave.

Mind going into a wee shop on Gorgie and got a bottle of buckfast to smuggle back on one of the Jeanfield buses .Great night . 

Edited by rickardo
Spelling

Doing my utmost to keep up the cup semi vibe going - please feel free to join in.

I recall the semi final against Hibs in 2016 played at Tynecastle.  Again it was Baltic! Spent the pre game in the Roseburn bar - what a braw bar! Great support from Saints crammed in to the Roseburn stand after a lot of contoversey about ticket allocation- we were stiched up as usual.

Nothing between the sides in the first half - diving wee git Henderson bought a pen for HIbs before Joe levelled near half time. Sadly we didn't show for the second half and John McGinn won it for HIbs late on.

Another semi to chalk down to experience!

26 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

I recall the semi final against Hibs in 2016 played at Tynecastle.  Again it was Baltic!

Weirdly, one of my main memories of that game is that there was a guy sitting in front of me who wasn't even wearing a jacket. I think I was wearing three jackets at once and was still freezing. I dunno how some people do that. :?:laugh:

1 hour ago, sixties saintee said:

No one mentioned the 69 semi ( no pun intended ) 2.0 against Motherwell could have been more Monday night if memory serves right and two days after a league game.

I was too wee to go to this game but I believe your right it was a Monday night. 

Strangely the only other time we met Motherwell in a league cup tie was earlier this season............

On 1/19/2021 at 11:15 AM, blueheaven said:

No, but it's just £12.99 for a month (so a similar price to what clubs are charging for individual games anyway) and you can cancel before the next payment is taken (or keep it going for another month if Saints win, assuming the final will also be on that channel?). 

I'm not really a fan of subscribing to channels like this but on balance I prefer it to relying on dodgy streams.

I've been thrown a curve ball.

£12.99 a month - minimum contract six months!

Anybody got any other ideas?

13 minutes ago, Stumpy1966 said:

So was I. There appears to be different ways you can access premier sports. I accessed through my sky account. 

32 minutes ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

I was quoted £9.99 a month for the 6 month deal and £12.99 for a month.

Remember with all these types of things you can do one purchase and multiple people can log in on the same account. 

Are you with Sky? If so, this link says it's £9.99 a month for a minimum 6-month term, or £12.99 a month otherwise:

https://subscribe.premiersports.com/product/D0B00B12511A4CA281CA

I've used with the £12.99 package for a previous Saints game shown on the channel a year or so ago and had no issues cancelling it afterwards.

6 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Are you with Sky? If so, this link says it's £9.99 a month for a minimum 6-month term, or £12.99 a month otherwise:

https://subscribe.premiersports.com/product/D0B00B12511A4CA281CA

I've used with the £12.99 package for a previous Saints game shown on the channel a year or so ago and had no issues cancelling it afterwards.

Thanks again guys.