St.Johnstone V HIbernian - League Cup semi Final Saturday 23rd Jan

SaintJet

22 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Shaun shone.

A few on here were not keen on him after his first couple of appearances but he was playing at centre back in an unfamiliar position with players he hadn't played with before. I dated him from the start.

Just incase you guys are worried that was meant to be RATED.

Was a bit worried after the first 39 mins, but once saints settled and worked Hibs out, it became increasingly comfortable.

Cant have been such a high profile game in Saints history where for the last 29 mins, it was so comfortable and clear we would win. 3-0 doesnt flatter us at all.

Could be huge off the pitch too, with the winners getting £300k, so just getting to the final must give us a 6 figure boost at least. Not to mention the likely spin offs re sponsorships and merchandise sales.

Performance and money aside, just one game away from potentially 2nd ever major trophy and us, Livi or St Mirren will all really fancy chances and no team will have a better opportunity than this year. 

15 minutes ago, TheYellowBox said:

Was a bit worried after the first 39 mins, but once saints settled and worked Hibs out, it became increasingly comfortable.

Cant have been such a high profile game in Saints history where for the last 29 mins, it was so comfortable and clear we would win. 3-0 doesnt flatter us at all.

Could be huge off the pitch too, with the winners getting £300k, so just getting to the final must give us a 6 figure boost at least. Not to mention the likely spin offs re sponsorships and merchandise sales.

Performance and money aside, just one game away from potentially 2nd ever major trophy and us, Livi or St Mirren will all really fancy chances and no team will have a better opportunity than this year. 

I was wondering what the semi & final were worth financially. Do we not get TV money as well.

Surely can afford a midfielder & striker now Steve.

I think Jackson Irvine is only signed with Hibs til summer. Get him on a pre contract.

8 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I was wondering what the semi & final were worth financially. Do we not get TV money as well.

Surely can afford a midfielder & striker now Steve.

I think Jackson Irvine is only signed with Hibs til summer. Get him on a pre contract.

Not with that pathetic excuse for a tache.  Compare it to proper.St Johnstone facial fuzz as modelled by His Rooneyness.

35 minutes ago, mainstand said:

A bit of praise for the Club who within a couple of hours of the game ending have cup final t shirts on sale 

Well done Ross and Kirsten 

PS Where is @randomguy today@

@random probably comparing xG stats and complaining something was not right today, probably formation, which I must admit my jaw hit the deck a bit when I saw the picked team. But it worked, and I've been more impressed by Mr Rooney since Dunfermline game, big strong guy that gets forward, not scared to tackle or take a punt at goal. Anyways still drinking to that:);)

1 hour ago, south inch said:

Sorry if this has already been mentioned. but was big Jason's goal not a virtual carbon copy of Ando's goal in the final of glorious memory.

Hic.

Not quite the goalie wasnt rolling about on the ground as though he had been shot. Otherwise yes my thoughts exactly.

3 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I must admit when I saw their front 3 I was worried but Boyle, Nisbit & the Rangers loanee hardly got a kick of the ball. Most of their threat in first 30 mins came from Irvine & defenders.

Forgot Boyle was actually playing, hardly got mentioned on comentry. Ha ha right up ye hibee jeebees,paybacks sweet.

On 1/22/2021 at 5:58 PM, Salguodinmethven. said:

I'm going to try the dodgy stream, buffers occasionally but usually sufferable. Anyway like most would rather be there but hey ho. Cmon saints, Tommy did it in his first season so keep up that nice jinx Callum.

Halfway there Callum, better dust doon the lucky suits n brouges for a final, oh aye and go to dunkeld for a break pre match if the lids of the biscuit tin.