St.Johnstone V HIbernian - League Cup semi Final Saturday 23rd Jan

SaintJet

6 minutes ago, Havana Saint said:

One of the best performances in years. Incredible. Massive  effort Saints. Brilliant:cool:

Yip, onc the initial first 30 mins past,I thought saints swagger started to kick in. Ma bairn said it's not happening for Hibs thanks to woodwork n Zander. Once we got to about 65 mins and our second had not long gone in I actually felt we no way losing this. Brraaww and I'm still drinking to that.:)

11 hours ago, mainstand said:

Humble pie is available at all good bakers guys:rolleyes:

The result means everything. Let's be honest Hibs should have been out of sight before we scored. Our second floored them and the never got up. Did CD selection and formation work you cannot argue with a 3v0 victory and  CUP FINALLLLLLLL

Looking forward to it and Wotherspoon and May can be the quiz question of the future who played in both cup finals.

Edited by Johnny B

13 hours ago, mainstand said:

Humble pie is available at all good bakers guys:rolleyes:

I don’t remember Conway completing a pass to a Saints player in the first half, he was awful, it’s partly why we were so poor.

Thought he had a cracking last half hour though. 

Weird one last night. Felt like a massive smash and grab to be 2-0 up but confidence grew and Hibs heads dropped, particularly when we went 3 up. 

On the plus side, I thought our defensive organisation was excellent. It was much more reminiscent of a TW performance rather than the free flowing game we’ve seen from CD this term. That’s 2 clean sheets on the bounce as well. 

I’m not complaining though. We’ve barely had a rub of the green all season so we were long overdue some luck. 

Sare heid today! Can’t wait to watch the other semi now!!

1 minute ago, sixties saintee said:

Even better second time round wae nae pressure.

Still dont see why Kane got booked he didnt touch him.

Because Hibs players do what they do. Go down & scream if a boot comes within s foot of them. Conway is good at it as well though as opposed to Tanser who just gets up & gets on with it after a foul.

Don't know if the occasion got to Saints but the first 20 mins were the worst we played all season. Hanlon unlucky to hit the post. Huge miss by Murphy after good save from Zander. Deflection off Ali almost looping in.

On another day one of those would have gone in. We deserved a break after the 2 games against them this season.

I think the match changed when Callum swapped Spoony & Conway. Spoony linked better with Rooney & Conway with Tanser.

13 hours ago, ejksjfc said:

Not quite the goalie wasnt rolling about on the ground as though he had been shot. Otherwise yes my thoughts exactly.

You know it has just occurred to me after 6 years plus, should the goalie not have been booked for simulation?  He wasn't fouled and got nowhere near the ball but was trying to fool the ref into disallowing a perfectly good goal.

Bit late to take it up with the SFA!

Edited by south inch

24 minutes ago, south inch said:

You know it has just occurred to me after 6 years plus, should the goalie not have been booked for simulation?  He wasn't fouled and got nowhere near the ball but was trying to fool the ref into disallowing a perfectly good goal.

Bit late to take it up with the SFA!

Just let it go be the bigger man. 

2 minutes ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

As I’ve always said Tom English knows even less about football that our experts on here!! He should stick to rugby, mind he’s not much better at that.

This forum is no different to football forums up and down this country. Everyone has got their point of view, everyone has their own way of making it. The whole us v them stuff is sad.

Some people like statistics/evidence, others like guesswork and speculation, others are just completely bonkers. I’d far rather base it on what I see and some statistics than some folk on here who prefer to adopt the 5G masts cause COVID, the earth is flat and vaccinations are a way of getting microchips into our arms approach... if that makes me a wannabe “expert” in your eyes, so be it.

The first 20 minutes was tough, and Hibs could've had a few goals. However, we just needed to soak up the pressure.

Our goal was our first real chance. They just fell apart after that. Their defending got progressively worse, and by the end they were backing off our players and giving them so much space. The only team I've seen defend worse this season is Brechin. Really, we could've had a few more by the end (Conway messed up a good chance). If I was a Hibs supporter I'd be really concerned at how their team just crumbled.

42 minutes ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

As I’ve always said Tom English knows even less about football that our experts on here!! He should stick to rugby, mind he’s not much better at that.

Could agree more regarding Tom English. Total t*****. Not quite sure how he has manage to burrow his way in and infiltrate our game.

He talks down to us as if he has all the answers.