St.Johnstone V HIbernian - League Cup semi Final Saturday 23rd Jan

SaintJet

9 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

I don’t remember Conway completing a pass to a Saints player in the first half, he was awful, it’s partly why we were so poor.

Thought he had a cracking last half hour though. 

And yet it was his run down the left that won us a corner from which our first goal was scored....*palm on forehead emoji*

Edited by dunblanemike

I guess we will be going into the final with Livi favourites. Even if we win it will be overshadowed by the Martindale story. We were talked about for about 1 minute on the radio today with about 15 + minutes disecting where Hibs when wrong.

Dont think we have anything to fear from this Livi side, hopefully we will see their form drop off in the coming weeks.

1 hour ago, dunblanemike said:

And yet it was his run down the left that won us a corner from which our first goal was scored....*palm on forehead emoji*

Doesn’t affect the rest of my statement. He gave the ball away countless times straight to a Hibs player. The fact he won a corner does not change the fact the he was honking for the first 45. 

44 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

If folk are criticising Conway after yesterday then its pointless discussing him with them, as they've already decided they'll never accept his qualities.

I said he had an excellent second half, but couldn’t complete a pass in the first. Am I wrong? He was miles better once he switched wings 

Edited by Pat McGroin

4 hours ago, Rob said:

I guess we will be going into the final with Livi favourites. Even if we win it will be overshadowed by the Martindale story. We were talked about for about 1 minute on the radio today with about 15 + minutes disecting where Hibs when wrong.

Dont think we have anything to fear from this Livi side, hopefully we will see their form drop off in the coming weeks.

I actually think Livy is better for us. The run will surely end soon (they weren’t great today) and then they’re likely to have a few poor games. We may get them just at the right time. 

If we weren’t in the final, I would be shouting for them, as the Martindale story is a braw one. This means every neutral will be shouting for them, but Callum can use that.

Edited by Abernethy Saint

12 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

If folk are criticising Conway after yesterday then its pointless discussing him with them, as they've already decided they'll never accept his qualities.

I think he has his faults, but overall he’s had a good season. Whether I’d offer him another contract, considering his age, I’m not so sure.

15 hours ago, dunblanemike said:

Indeed, won the corner for the first, assisted the second and scored the third. Waste of a jersey. 

12 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

I thought Conway was excellent, definitely his best game for Saints. He sees a pass ahead of players at times and this is why he loses possesion now and again but you can't argue with his skill. I said when the team was names that CD sees him in training every day and knows what he brings to the side - we shouldn't second guess this.

13 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

I haven't been a big fan of him this season and couldn't believe it when I saw his name in the starting line-up (mainly because it meant reverting to a formation I hate), but can't deny that he had a great second half on Saturday. On his day he clearly still has something to offer. I also think he's looking a lot fitter and more mobile now than he was in his first few games for us.

12 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

I actually think Livy is better for us. The run will surely end soon (they weren’t great today) and then they’re likely to have a few poor games. We may get them just at the right time. 

If we weren’t in the final, I would be shouting for them, as the Martindale story is a braw one. This means every neutral will be shouting for them, but Callum can use that.

I cringe every time I hear Martindale. He is the ultimate  wee Ned that turned good. Really would like to see him falling flat on his arse.

16 hours ago, Bridgendboy said:

Apart from that what did the Romans do for us?

Decided that just past the Almond/ Tay confluence was a braw place to ford the Tay and helped the idea that Perth was a braw place for a settlement.  Had they hung around they might have identified the Muirton area as a good site for an Arena.

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

I cringe every time I hear Martindale. He is the ultimate  wee Ned that turned good. Really would like to see him falling flat on his arse.

Are you on the wind up?

Guy has done his time, gone off to uni, done his coaching badges. He is an example to kids who have had an adverse childhood that they can still break the cycle they have found themselves in.

We demand rehabilitation in a broken system and this guy has beaten the odds. You don’t need to like him but you’re views are archaic.

I actually feel sorry that every interview he does involves a comment on having served time.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz