Coyle happy to see Weir leave ?

Carse of Gowrie Saint

While a perfectly legit question, it is unlikely that we will ever really know the true answer.

I have always had a wee feeling that OC "put up" with Weir, so not to upset anyone with JW having been at the club for so long.

And when OC said when Sandy Stewart was sacked by Airdrie that he would love him here, finances allowing, that told me that it would happen sooner or later.

In all probability Weir has just jumped at the first opportunity.

I couldn't wait for Sandy Stewart to arrive, as what i saw from What i could see, Weir did absoloute nought. All he did was stand in the tunnel and look uninterested.

For example you look at Gretna's Davie Irons he shows alot of enthusiasm. Weir in my book never showed that enthusiasm.

He was still a great player, and was extremely loyal.

I don't think that Jim's lack of animated movement in the dugout meant that he didn't have passion and a will to win for Saints - in his time here nobody could ever doubt that. It was just his style. However, I think the appointment of Sandy Stewart so soon after Jim's departure has shown that he's the type of assistant that OC has needed alongside him for a while. Hardly surprising, they know each other, have worked together and OC trusts him implicitly. I'd see this more as a joint managerial partnership from now on - youthful exuberance being tempered by more relative experience - a potent brew, which I think is something OC couln't have got from Jim. Remains to be seen how it will turn out though. Best of luck to Sandy in his new role...

Herts

I couldn't wait for Sandy Stewart to arrive, as what i saw from What i could see, Weir did absoloute nought. All he did was stand in the tunnel and look uninterested.

For example you look at Gretna's Davie Irons he shows alot of enthusiasm. Weir in my book never showed that enthusiasm.

Weir's always been enthusiastic about Saints so his appearance on the touchline could be down to OC's instructions than anything else.

This could be a great move as you could see some of our younger guys go to Montrose on loan. Coyle could be quite happy to see Jim go as he's now been given the opportunity to bring in his own Assistant. He was in the unfortunate position of having to work with Jim, someone he didn't really know that well when he came here rather than select his own backroom staff