• Scott Tanser
    • Ali McCann
    • Murray Davidson
    • Craig Conway
    • Chris Kane
    • David Wotherspoon
    • Stevie May

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 09:00 AM

48 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

Wish there was a feckin shaking head emoji, look at the work he does dosnae half put himself about

C,Mon Sixties,surely you know I was having a go at his many critics that think unless a striker is scoring a goal a game,then they are useless.

Good to see the commentators at least recognised what he does.

I thought they were all immense without a failure. I went for Kerr because he was the catalyst. You could just sense something might happen when we managed to get our first corner after 35 minutes. We had not been seen as an attacking force up to the point. There was very little between most of them.

7 hours ago, Linky said:

Rooney, without doubt. Clark was good too.

I wouldn't say he was "good" - not slagging him, but in fairness most saves were pretty straightforward. He did one good save with his right foot, when diving the over way, but it went straight to a Hibs player who arguably had miss of the season, and the result would've been different imho. Rest of Hibs shots were wide. I think the crossbar should've got MoM. Twice it saved us. On the positive side, he didn't stuff up. But apart from that, pretty much what you'd take as a given at this level. He did make the Hibs keeper look worse. He could've/ should've got to Rooney's header & Christ knows what pantomime tricks he was up to with Conway's Goal.

On 1/24/2021 at 8:48 PM, Melbourne Saint said:

I wouldn't say he was "good" - not slagging him, but in fairness most saves were pretty straightforward. He did one good save with his right foot, when diving the over way, but it went straight to a Hibs player who arguably had miss of the season, and the result would've been different imho. Rest of Hibs shots were wide. I think the crossbar should've got MoM. Twice it saved us. On the positive side, he didn't stuff up. But apart from that, pretty much what you'd take as a given at this level. He did make the Hibs keeper look worse. He could've/ should've got to Rooney's header & Christ knows what pantomime tricks he was up to with Conway's Goal.

Zander may not have got a touch on it but by getting up and making himself big he forced the player to try and chip it and only getting it onto the crossbar.

It really did feel like the 2014 final - the luck was certainly on our side as well as scoring some good goals.

1 minute ago, Cagey said:

Got MoM in quite a few media sources. Maybe they only saw the second half.

Even his goal was made by a fantastic ball from Rooney, shocking marking from McGinn and he still almost missed it from 2 yards by stabbing it straight at their keeper.

Even the 7 minute highlight reel shows not only his awful first 30 minutes but the number of times he just doesn’t bother tracking his man while Wotherspoon, McCann and even Kane cover his ground. He was often the man furthest up the pitch while Chris Kane sprinted past him to close the ball down in his area of the pitch..

Maybe it’s because not all fans decide they don’t like a player and nothing will change their minds. They will only pick up on mistakes and magnify them and ignore the good bits. Rooney, Kerr, Gordon etc, made mistakes on Saturday and I’ve not seen a single post slagging them off.

1 hour ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

Maybe it’s because not all fans decide they don’t like a player and nothing will change their minds. They will only pick up on mistakes and magnify them and ignore the good bits. Rooney, Kerr, Gordon etc, made mistakes on Saturday and I’ve not seen a single post slagging them off.

Rooney, Kerr or Gordon aren’t unfit, ponderous or an overpaid Prima donna :?

I’m guessing you’re part of the Zander Clark for Scotland cheerleading brigade also. 

9 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Rooney, Kerr or Gordon aren’t unfit, ponderous or an overpaid Prima donna :?

I’m guessing you’re part of the Zander Clark for Scotland cheerleading brigade also. 

No, I believe in giving credit where credit is due. Have never been Zanders biggest fan but he is another who gets undue slaggings on here. Even when he keeps a clean sheet it is all down to the defence, but when he concedes a goal it is seldom the defences fault for letting the attackers get their shots away.

3 minutes ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

No, I believe in giving credit where credit is due. Have never been Zanders biggest fan but he is another who gets undue slaggings on here. Even when he keeps a clean sheet it is all down to the defence, but when he concedes a goal it is seldom the defences fault for letting the attackers get their shots away.

I’m sure that accusation is true of other posters but I’ve certainly never used a strong defensive display as a reason for his clean sheet.

I think that you’re right that I’m unlikely to change my mind on Conway based of what I have seen since he joined... saying he was MOM and better than Rooney is madness, however.