LEAGUE CUP FINAL: St Johnstone v Livingston, Hampden Park, 28 Feb 2021

Melbourne Saint

1 hour ago, sixties saintee said:

Callum got the measure o Martindale now

Thought it was very unprofessional and maybe even insulting that martingale oops I mean martindale didn’t make an effort with his attire today looked like he was heading to training, Cal not letting the side down. Only Pep gets away with it haha.

Well done Saints. 

29 minutes ago, Shipa said:

Just saw on facebook*, apparently this is the first time this century that a Scottish trophy has been won by an all Scottish team.

*Caveat: Can confirm that all who played for Saints today were born in Scotland, have not researched further to confirm if it is a first.

There's the answer for callum's Melhamed critics

5 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

The ones that were there in the stands were the ones no longer with us.

Lost Dad last month and I know he was watching over us....yes I'm drunk and emotional

The whole stadium was packed with saints fans from the past celebrating

1 minute ago, bluesaint said:

Thought it was very unprofessional and maybe even insulting that martingale oops I mean martindale didn’t make an effort with his attire today looked like he was heading to training, Cal not letting the side down. Only Pep gets away with it haha.

Well done Saints. 

I usually wouldn't care, but it was so blatant today.  Not only made zero effort, but looked like he'd made zero effort shopping from the Barras in 1984.  I think its a poor reflection on the club not to look smart on an occasion like that.  The sense of occasion is part of a cup final, he looked like he was away to the chippy.

6 minutes ago, montrosesaintee said:

I usually wouldn't care, but it was so blatant today.  Not only made zero effort, but looked like he'd made zero effort shopping from the Barras in 1984.  I think its a poor reflection on the club not to look smart on an occasion like that.  The sense of occasion is part of a cup final, he looked like he was away to the chippy.

Keeps his suits for court appearances IMO.

1 hour ago, mike_gain said:

Dominated that.....scoreline didn't help the nerves though.

Melamed missing was disappointing but Davidson got it right....perhaps he figured Livi would be too physical for him. Not for me to argue, we won.

Rooney's stock must be growing. Solid defensively, effective going forward and our first aerial threat in the box for what seems like decades. What a turn around for him....dropped to the bench then got his place and took it. Not sure of Scotland calls are a bit premature but we'll struggle to hang on to him if he carries on with this form.

Dare I say that Macnamara's recall was the best bit of transfer business for us? Loved Danny but Rooney seems more of a threat overall.

100% on all fronts, except I think Melamed can handle the rough stuff.

Saints have to grab the government's £1.6 million loan & get the back 5 & Kane signed up for 3 years. If we don't get money for them then we have the basics of a team that can get in top 4 every year.

26 minutes ago, bluesaint said:

Well done Saints. 

He said midweek he would not be wearing a suit

2 hours ago, mike_gain said:

Dominated that.....scoreline didn't help the nerves though.

Melamed missing was disappointing but Davidson got it right....perhaps he figured Livi would be too physical for him. Not for me to argue, we won.

Rooney's stock must be growing. Solid defensively, effective going forward and our first aerial threat in the box for what seems like decades. What a turn around for him....dropped to the bench then got his place and took it. Not sure of Scotland calls are a bit premature but we'll struggle to hang on to him if he carries on with this form.

Dare I say that Macnamara's recall was the best bit of transfer business for us? Loved Danny but Rooney seems more of a threat overall.

I wonder if Danny didn't get recalled would Shaun still be on the bench or used as backup centre back.

1 hour ago, montrosesaintee said:

His track suit was two sizes too small too. 

My ten year old said he looked like a thumb sticking out of a broken glove. 

50 minutes ago, Cagey said:

100% on all fronts, except I think Melamed can handle the rough stuff.

Saints have to grab the government's £1.6 million loan & get the back 5 & Kane signed up for 3 years. If we don't get money for them then we have the basics of a team that can get in top 4 every year.

I think Melamed is fine with the more agricultural side of the game, just some comments in the past from Davidson about his adjusting. 

Good should on loan. Really feel this defensive unit, if kept together can be one of our best.

Sorry to say I have a feeling Martindale might not be in charge this time next year. Think his story is great and he's obviously done really well to date but I think it will be a difficult "2nd" season. 

Davidson on the other hand seems to ve growing in confidence. So many would have played the same team as last week (and perhaps they would have won too) but he had the confidence to play his team with his tactics and he got the win.

Excited for next season.

1 hour ago, Shipa said:

Just saw on facebook*, apparently this is the first time this century that a Scottish trophy has been won by an all Scottish team.

*Caveat: Can confirm that all who played for Saints today were born in Scotland, have not researched further to confirm if it is a first.

Get it right up the glory hunting bassas from Aberdeen Utd Rangers Tic et al, flahscores showing the entire starting 11 are Scottish, Spoony and Ali showing Canadian and NI flags but they were born in Scotland. That’s amazing. 

Got to give a shout out to Tommy for putting part of the jig saw together but wow to Davidson and the coaching staff for putting if all together and making it happen.