LEAGUE CUP FINAL: St Johnstone v Livingston, Hampden Park, 28 Feb 2021

Melbourne Saint

On 3/2/2021 at 12:59 AM, garydavidson said:

Storm in teacup. I'm not in any way endorsing what happened, but it was pretty minor, didn't look like a fricking riot. A steward & police officer "with minor injuries". Probably from over exuberant fans, or trying to grab a flare (which I hate at games. Very Greek/ Italian). Tbh, what did they expect? No-one seems to have been arrested on the night, sure, some will be fined/ charged with flouting COVID restrictions. But no-one seems to have been arrested for violent conduct, or taken away in the divvy van. There's plenty of "underground" parties that go on, with far more people.

7 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Brilliant! All we need was "Boy Band" Chris Millar in there... Great for morale. As for it doing CD's "head in"- no surprise when you have ears that can pick up dust falling.

Shaun on his beatbox & Midge with his Blue could be the entertainment for the cup celebration that Callum has promised us.

Maybe add in Amy McDonald .

Maybe have to wait til start of next season when hopefully we could fill the stadium… open top bus is a bit old hat now & only works the day after the game.

13 hours ago, Cagey said:

Maybe have to wait til start of next season when hopefully we could fill the stadium… open top bus is a bit old hat now & only works the day after the game.

I get what you're saying but I think if the club restricts its celebrations to a matchday then we'd miss out on something the whole city can be a part of. They'd basically only reach the people who would be going to matches anyway. Hold a party in the town centre on a nice summer's day and you'd reach way more potential new fans.

I reckon it should be given the same treatment the Christmas lights get, but do it in summer - call it Saintsfest, have a stage, maybe with some live music (let's book Haddaway), and then have the open top bus arrive in front of everyone followed by speeches/presentation. Find a way of getting free tickets out to the crowd for whatever the next home match is, and aim to fill the ground for that first game back. I know the club's probably desperate to get people paying through the gate again but after all this time would one big free game at the start of the season really do much harm?

I also think the club should consider capping entry prices at £20 maximum across all four stands for the season (charge the OF fans £30 though obvs :D). I really think this is the time to plan some innovative changes and fresh ideas to not only attract new fans, but keep them coming back.

(Of course, I'm aware that all of the above could only happen in a world where crowds are actually possible again!).

6 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I get what you're saying but I think if the club restricts its celebrations to a matchday then we'd miss out on something the whole city can be a part of. They'd basically only reach the people who would be going to matches anyway. Hold a party in the town centre on a nice summer's day and you'd reach way more potential new fans.

Yes, shame the council did not knock down that monstrosity the city hall museum, would have made a grand square for such an event.....

Following on from the records report about Saints fans at the ground on Sunday, Will be interesting to see the Daily Record comments about Rangers fans at Livingstone last night. No social distancing, congregating outside the ground, letting off fireworks after 55 minutes, one rocket nearly hitting a player, game having to be stopped and then more incredibly the team actually going over to the fans and applauding them WTF:roll:

The actions last night will see them having crowds outside grounds at the games from now on.

Edited by mainstand

On 3/2/2021 at 7:23 PM, Melbourne Saint said:

Brilliant! All we need was "Boy Band" Chris Millar in there... Great for morale. As for it doing CD's "head in"- no surprise when you have ears that can pick up dust falling.

There's warfare in having a bigger sound system than the opponent. If you can drown out there music from the other dressing room, the first battle has been won.

I applaud this move by Rooney and ask only that they play weird russian music or something, to really fk up the opposing team (baffle them out on to the pitch!)

2 hours ago, MySpazz said:

I applaud this move by Rooney and ask only that they play weird russian music or something, to really fk up the opposing team (baffle them out on to the pitch!)

The CIA played a Britney Spears song on loop at Guantanamo. Sent them all bonkers. They preferred waterboarding. 

7 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Anyone manage to get any of the cup winners merch that was dropped today?....went on an hour after notification and it appears it's all sold out.

A bit disappointing unless they plan to get more stock in...No wonder people go to 3rd party traders Saints!

Ordered a couple of t-shirts a week or more ago from St Johnstone direct. Is this different stuff?

20 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Ordered a couple of t-shirts a week or more ago from St Johnstone direct. Is this different stuff?

Yeah the mugs and the scarf...they show as awaiting delivery but when you select for order it won't let you complete it as non in stock. The I wasn't there one now showing as out of stock now so I suspect the rest are as well. 

Hope there is more on order 

https://www.saintsonlineshop.co.uk/browse/c-Merchandise-30

5 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Was going to get a badge but it was £5 postage. Only one of the mugs appears to be sold out when I check.

Did they not have that problem with the virtual ticket. £5 to post a bit of plastic. They eventually changed that I think.