LEAGUE CUP FINAL: St Johnstone v Livingston, Hampden Park, 28 Feb 2021

Melbourne Saint

7 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Here we go... Didn't see much between Midden & Livi. Clearly well disciplined at back. In the run up to the final, who have Livi & Saints got? Do Livi have a game in hand to play? Hopefully so....

Our last game before final is Celtic which is not ideal and I think we also play Livi again before final. 

7 minutes ago, Rob said:

Our last game before final is Celtic which is not ideal and I think we also play Livi again before final. 

Feb 20th is Scottish cup weekend. We'll either be playing Dundee in the delayed 3rd round game or, I imagine, we'll bring the Hamilton game forward from the 27th. 

We have Livi on Feb 6th. 

Who would have thought at the start of the season amidst the chaos that is Covid we would be in the final of a National trophy.

Sometimes I think we as fans are too hard on our ‘wee’ team, if you look back at our latest stint in the SPL it has indeed been a purple patch.

I think we are lucky to have an honest hard working team who will hopefully find success on the 28th.. I know I’m a pessimistic Saints fan but it’s only the 3rd time in our history we’ve managed to reach the final and would you believe we won’t see it in the flesh so to speak. It won’t dull my excitement tho... so COYS you can do it..:D

1 hour ago, crieffsaintandy said:

Gosh the seethe out there from the fans of the powerhouses of scottish football that saints and livi have the audacity to be in the final with our small fan base, those serial underachievers really need to consider why their clubs never reach the heights............

Curse us with our small fanbases - we're going to make that empty stadium look ridiculous. :D

We need to start planning how we can show our support for the team prioir to the cup final. 

It would be a stretch to imagine that we would be allowed to line up around the car park to see the team bus off but I was thinking could we be allowed to pin up messages on the fence around the astro pitches opposite the Stadium? The players could see these before departing. Just an idea. Please pitch in with any ideas.

Just now, SaintJet said:

We need to start planning how we can show our support for the team prioir to the cup final. 

It would be a stretch to imagine that we would be allowed to line up around the car park to see the team bus off but I was thinking could we be allowed to pin up messages on the fence around the astro pitches opposite the Stadium? The players could see these before departing. Just an idea. Please pitch in with any ideas.

Like we have here with Cleveland Browns, maybe have a tailgate with TV's or a big screen outside Hampden? Be just small 'family' groups, no mingling, just drive up with car, bevvy it up, bit of fun and then when we win, players can do a wee drive around the tailgate parking lot with the cup and you can throw bottles at the bus, shoot off fireworks and jump onto tables....https://youtu.be/tJ4sRXVkEhU , ok, maybe a stretch.... :) 

How about a car convoy to the stadium of saints fans with flags and sh*t hanging off cars.... driving with the team bus? 

Will they allow our flags (and expat flag!) to be draped across seats in the fan sections?

18 minutes ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

Like we have here with Cleveland Browns, maybe have a tailgate with TV's or a big screen outside Hampden? Be just small 'family' groups, no mingling, just drive up with car, bevvy it up, bit of fun and then when we win, players can do a wee drive around the tailgate parking lot with the cup and you can throw bottles at the bus, shoot off fireworks and jump onto tables....https://youtu.be/tJ4sRXVkEhU , ok, maybe a stretch.... :) 

How about a car convoy to the stadium of saints fans with flags and sh*t hanging off cars.... driving with the team bus? 

Will they allow our flags (and expat flag!) to be draped across seats in the fan sections?

(Cleveland Browns - great fans! They have to be - like us Jets.)

NO way would tailgate be allowed. I don't think you realise how restrictions are being enforced back here.

I doubt we would be allowed to have fans congrugate anywhere near the stadium or even at McD but I guess ther will still be some presence locally in Perth.