LEAGUE CUP FINAL: St Johnstone v Livingston, Hampden Park, 28 Feb 2021

Melbourne Saint

Dominated that.....scoreline didn't help the nerves though.

Melamed missing was disappointing but Davidson got it right....perhaps he figured Livi would be too physical for him. Not for me to argue, we won.

Rooney's stock must be growing. Solid defensively, effective going forward and our first aerial threat in the box for what seems like decades. What a turn around for him....dropped to the bench then got his place and took it. Not sure of Scotland calls are a bit premature but we'll struggle to hang on to him if he carries on with this form.

Dare I say that Macnamara's recall was the best bit of transfer business for us? Loved Danny but Rooney seems more of a threat overall.

39 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

Absolutely delighted! Particularly for a great servant like Liam Craig!

Agree. Missed out last Cup win by going to Hibs, but  was always a Saintee.

Now a Saints L-E-G-E-N-D.

The back 3 stood firm under Livi arial barrage by winning all the headed duels and midfielders picked up 'second ball'.

Mention also for Liam's midfield partner, Ali McCann, Ali McCann..... 

Every player done their job well.

"One Bellshill Cafu, there's only one Bellshill Cafu, one Bellshill Cafu.....

Tra. lah....lah lah...lah,

Celebratory drink in order.

Don't mind if I do.

Cheers, hic.

One team in Tayside, there's only one TEAM in SCOTLAND, TODAY.

31 minutes ago, beagriestache said:

Congratulations Saints! 

I don't come on here very often, being a Stoke fan, but I've always kept an eye on Saints results since living in Perth throughout the 90s and going to a good few Saints games home and away, including the last league cup final in 98 and Monaco home and away after that. Just another gloryhunter!

Well done on completing the cup set, bit annoyed you couldn't have done it when I was up there to join in!

Such a shame the pubs are closed, but enjoy your celebratory swallies anyway. Just the league left :D

You weren't sitting next to me and my dad at Celtic Park were you mate? We all took a tumble over the seats in front of us when Stevie MacLean scored the 2nd??

£300,000 prize for winning, pre and post merchandise sales will be fantastic, chunk of prize money quite rightly will go to team and management but winning will mean huge unbudgeted Bertie bonus, todays amazing win will be fantastic for the stability of the club going forward.

18 minutes ago, mike_gain said:

Dominated that.....scoreline didn't help the nerves though.

Melamed missing was disappointing but Davidson got it right....perhaps he figured Livi would be too physical for him. Not for me to argue, we won.

Rooney's stock must be growing. Solid defensively, effective going forward and our first aerial threat in the box for what seems like decades. What a turn around for him....dropped to the bench then got his place and took it. Not sure of Scotland calls are a bit premature but we'll struggle to hang on to him if he carries on with this form.

Dare I say that Macnamara's recall was the best bit of transfer business for us? Loved Danny but Rooney seems more of a threat overall.

Suspect if Rooney wasn't already on folks radar down south, he will be now. Year to go on his contract so would hope to keep him, but if an offer is made?

Interesting update on his wiki....

Screenshot_20210228-172714_Chrome.jpg

37 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

Brilliant. Ally McCoist remembered he was once a Saintee as well. Great day, great save by Zander and that header! Enjoy

I met Ally in Veroni’s in West Nile Street, Glasgow on a Friday afternoon late nineties, Saints implanted in his DNA , my office was just across the road. He will always be a saintee 

Just saw on facebook*, apparently this is the first time this century that a Scottish trophy has been won by an all Scottish team.

*Caveat: Can confirm that all who played for Saints today were born in Scotland, have not researched further to confirm if it is a first.

1 hour ago, Shibbydoo said:

You weren't sitting next to me and my dad at Celtic Park were you mate? We all took a tumble over the seats in front of us when Stevie MacLean scored the 2nd??

Ha! No, that wasn't me, mate! Sadly, I was back down south by the time that Cup Final came around.

I had slightly mixed feelings about that one as my best mate in Perth was a huge Arab, and as you all no doubt know but probably don't care!, they have a long and painful history with the Scottish Cup. So I felt for him, but the right side definitely won that day!

17 minutes ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

I need to get to Jeanfield Cemetery and tell my dad what happened today, will have to wait until we can travel again but just hope he was watching.

A lot of Dads, Grandad's, Uncle's and Aunties, who never had the privilege of witnessing the last 10 years.  A glass shall be raised tonight . Slainte