St.Johnstone V Aberdeen - Wednesday 27th Jan

SaintJet

Okay back to the day job. After a brilliant win in the cup semi it's time we started converting some of these decent performances in to wins and try and get us steered away from trouble.

Loads of options avalable and I would expect some changes - maybe May and Melemed getting a start. 

Aberdeen's performances are streaky and they are very beatable. We sold the early season game ( rearranged after theirCovid transgression ) when we shold have taken something from the game.

A cup run keeps everyone on their toes and bouyant and I expect us to win this.

24 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

Would like to think we'll go back to 3-5-2/3-4-1-2 but might Craig Conway be undroppable in the manger's eyes after his heroics on Saturday?  Could probably play as the '10' behind two strikers but that would mean doing the unthinkable and giving Wotherspoon a rest. 

I think there will be squad rotation due to the number games we have to play & Conway & Muzz are getting on a bit. Fortunately otherwise we have a relatively young squad & Spoony looks like he can now manage 90 mins.

What the cup game has reinforced for me is that I know nothing about football. What I do know is our results haven’t reflected our effort in games. I agree with fellow postee ..Aberdeen ARE beatable so hoping for the best expecting the worst... I still don’t get the tactics or team selection but happy to go along with the ‘adventure’ that is St Johnstone... never dull ... predictably unpredictable COYS 

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

Not heard of any injuries for tonight's game

we cannot afford any with 5 games in 15 days. He will have to rest some but not all will get a rest as we have such a small squad. Our defenders will be hit the hardest as he will not want to rest any of them and weaken the team.

At some stage could Middleton and MOH replace Wotherspoon and Conway, The 4 strikers can easily be rotated.

It is a difficult choice do we burn out players or rotate and not play our best team. 

Edited by Johnny B

4 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

we cannot afford any with 5 games in 15 days. He will have to rest some but not all will get a rest as we have such a small squad. Our defenders will be hit the hardest as he will not want to rest any of them and weaken the team.

At some stage could Middleton and MOH replace Wotherspoon and Conway, The 4 strikers can easily be rotated.

It is a difficult choice do we burn out players or rotate and not play our best team. 

The back 3 have the hardest & most physical job to do & we don't have great cover.

Not sure about the strikers. Wouldn't like to replace Guy & Kano with May & Hendry but the way Kano plays he can't play 2 games a week for 4 weeks without injury or suspension. Wouldn't be surprised to see May playing tonight.

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

The back 3 have the hardest & most physical job to do & we don't have great cover.

Not sure about the strikers. Wouldn't like to replace Guy & Kano with May & Hendry but the way Kano plays he can't play 2 games a week for 4 weeks without injury or suspension. Wouldn't be surprised to see May playing tonight.

I think Kane & Melamed start tonight and I would be surprised to see Liam Craig and MOH in the starting line up.