Kilmarnock V St.Johnstone Saturday 30th January

SaintJet

50 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

That seems a tad harsh. Can’t see them going down.

Yeah definitely harsh, usually I dont feel bad for them but really liked Dyer. Win or lose, he always speaks well and his views regarding players getting COVID have been spot on as far as Im concerned. Would have been happy with him as our manager. Their results havent been great but still time to pick up points. They only lost by 1 goal, does it bring so much shame on a club to get beat by Saints.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Because the game was won and he needed to give you something to moan about...

Not sure the game was won as there was 10 mins to & sure Killie had s couple of chances. Anyway IF the game was won then more reason to give Middleton a run.

3 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Observation for discussion on a forum designed to discuss all things St Johnstone.

The only thing wrong in your discussion point well two actually. Was the two names mentioned were Conway and Bryson if it had been anybody else would you have complained and you said the game wasn’t won there was 10mins to go but you said Conway came on after 85mins and Bryson after 89mins even with two mins added time doesn’t come to 10mins.

17 minutes ago, Stumpy1966 said:

The only thing wrong in your discussion point well two actually. Was the two names mentioned were Conway and Bryson if it had been anybody else would you have complained and you said the game wasn’t won there was 10mins to go but you said Conway came on after 85mins and Bryson after 89mins even with two mins added time doesn’t come to 10mins.

In response to first question probably no.

Ok it was 83 mins plus injury time so I ****ed up there.

3 hours ago, saintgscot said:

Should of got a chrome cast sane price as good cable abs no wire needed LAUGH OUT LOUD

Niggling away at me here, but is Chromecast cheaper than a £8.75 cable? Has your telly to be a smart telly not just hd?. Must your phone cost more than £45 five years ago. Do I really give a fek? Cause if it ain't broke I don't fix it:shock:

5 minutes ago, rickardo said:

Brilliant performance end of story , boys were superb to a man . 

Sure was, although felt our defence was a bit sloppier than have been lately (blame it on the low sun). Think I'll watch it again at11 on alba. Missed the earlier one n had grand bairns booncing aboot n no beers but that's all changed now braw.

Just watched recording of the game and thought the pitch was like the manager, dire. (Sorry).

Controlled the 1st half without troubling the keeper.

Defending was abysmal for the 2 goals we conceded. Tanser was caught out, though came on to a good 2nd half with numerous interceptions and forward runs.

Melamed was tidy in his work and deserved his goal. Power got booked for a studs up challenge on him. Just as well his foot wasn't on the ground at the time, or it could have been serious.

Ali McCann was Mr. Perpetual motion, cool under pressure when in possession, distribution was good and had a bite in the tackle.

His goal just shaded my choice for MoM.

Oh! Noticed that goalkeeper Rogers had an advert for the score on his back,  2-3.

2 hours ago, Rob said:

Yeah definitely harsh, usually I dont feel bad for them but really liked Dyer. Win or lose, he always speaks well and his views regarding players getting COVID have been spot on as far as Im concerned. Would have been happy with him as our manager. Their results havent been great but still time to pick up points. They only lost by 1 goal, does it bring so much shame on a club to get beat by Saints.

He almost made his own bed by saying the game was a must win.

Spoke with a Killie fan I know and he feels we have done them a favour in getting him to leave.

Football is a squad game but what a difference having McCann and Wotherspoon back in the team. It allows us to play football. 

I'm not convinced that the former ever really needs rested and if the latter does, it should be as little as possible. 

I know Liam Craig never lets the side down but having Murray Davidson playing as he can makes such a difference as well, he was also very good this afternoon. 

To keep their cool in the face of adversity and believe they could play their way back into the game is testament to the players and the way they are coached. Huge win and despite the situation we found ourselves in (defending was poor for their goals), it was a deserved victory.

Bit of breathing space now but three hard games coming up... Plus a home game with Celtic... 

I fully support my comments at halftime we defended dreadfully and struggled to get a shot on target. Our defence is anything but solid, Rooney one of the worst culprits and once again Kane worked hard, run around but produced nothing. Did I think we would win, no I did not as someone mentioned it was 1972 the last time we came back to win from 2 down in the top flight.

But having said all that I am a happy bunny it was a wonderful come back, which I put down to our formation 3.4.1.2 It has proved itself on a number of occasions this season. CD should continue to play it in every game for the remainder of the season. And there are players who if fit must start

?

Kerr    Gordon    McCart

Rooney    McCann     ?    Tanser

Wotherspoon

Melamed    ?

However CD will not he will go back to his favoured 3.4.3 Why else would his January signing be a wide playing midfielder.