LEGEND SUPPORTERS

byebyedundee

Have we ever had a topic regarding supporters who are now Legends, after hearing about Hodgie still around would it be nice to award or just name a few outstanding supporters that have shown outstanding loyalty to their team..

I can name a few but to keep it real can we all pick 5 and see what the outcome is...

OR HAVE WE DONE THIS ALREADY....?????

Personally I think most Saints fans, wherever they are, or whether they can get to games are legends. Especially those that witnessed the pre-Brown '80's. Depressing doesn't do it justice. Bottom of the lowest rung, Muirton stuffed, debt. Do miss the railway sleepers though....

57 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Personally I think most Saints fans, wherever they are, or whether they can get to games are legends. Especially those that witnessed the pre-Brown '80's. Depressing doesn't do it justice. Bottom of the lowest rung, Muirton stuffed, debt. Do miss the railway sleepers though....

My dad is still a season ticket holder at 86 attending home and away games last season having been through the Ormond era, the pre Brown era, the mcDiarmid years and having seen his team win first Scottish Cup. 

Used to be a load of older guys all standing behind the goals at Muirton when i was young and i think of all the dads he is the only one left. @dave mc will remember of these days

15 minutes ago, mainstand said:

My dad is still a season ticket holder at 86 attending home and away games last season having been through the Ormond era, the pre Brown era, the mcDiarmid years and having seen his team win first Scottish Cup. 

Used to be a load of older guys all standing behind the goals at Muirton when i was young and i think of all the dads he is the only one left. @dave mc will remember of these days

Remember it well Mainstand, you’re right your dad is the only one left , of that wee collection of fans, all old guys that followed home and away, I remember your dad and you from the 70’s, more down than ups back then, but been great watching the last while 

8 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Andy Cullie was a legend when I was a lad.

Guttered at every home game behind the goal at the Florence Place end of Muirton Park. Slurring his swear words.

He wouldn't be allowed near a ground nowadays. (apart from the fact he's no longer with us)

Anyone else remember Andy?

Must hae been a mate o Davie Frail now he was a legend.

Not sure what to make of this thread to be honest 

I'm not really all that keen on the top Saints Fan tag or Legend, but of people want to discuss it fair does!

Despite following Saints for well 50 years now I find it embarrassing,for instance I have a gift from Chris Millar with to Gav.Saints No 1 fan.While that's nice ,how many No 1 fans have the same kind of thing 

When it comes to length of commitment to supporting the team saw some games throughout child hood starting 72 and up till I left the forces in 1981 and in that spell also managed to See John Connolly and Jim Pearson at Everton and Birmingham 

From about 81 to mid 90s I hardly missed a game home or away, and if I did it

Would be for a specific reason. 

I've therefore for seen the disappointing relegations  and the joys of promotion,and even pipping Hearts to step up to the big League title  as a part time team.

At that time winning the Scottish Cup ,or even League Cup was a pipe dream 

We regularly got studded by Meadowbank and Cowdenbeath to name 2 teams and have even travelled on the team bus on occasion because we didn't have enough to fill one single supporters bus 

I have been on the pitch (Legally)Well ish!Dressed as a Gorrilla accompanied by Zoro(The fan)

And I have,let's just say been a naughty boy at Palmerston getting the better of a QOS fan with a crash helmet on(If you know you know) I have had numerous players becoming friends who still keep in touch  and some great nights involving players at Supporters nights

I've witnessed some terrible  managers and players  and have even been a part of a small group who hounded one Manager out

My walls are plastered with Memorabilia and I have a St.johnstone mug collection of about 50 and a badge and strip  collection,which over the years has even been thinned down just to make more

I have been filmed for TV more that once and on Sportscene (Tattoo)and been part of a Centre  spread in the Daily record 

I could go on and on  but thats just a  snippet 

Yea I love St.johnstone to the extent I named my son Callum Fraser John Stewart,after Callum Davidson .I drink eat and sleep St.johnstone 

But ..Legend @@!!Na ,not for me

In my time watching St.johnstone I would probably put the late Jimmy McLiesh forward as a nomination. 

32 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

And I have,let's just say been a naughty boy at Palmerston getting the better of a QOS fan with a crash helmet on(If you know you know) 

I mind that guy with the crash helmet , he eventually took it off and threw the brut , mind it bouncing about. Correct me if Im Wrong but was than not behind the goal where the home fans now stand ? I was barely a teenager .

41 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Not sure what to make of this thread to be honest 

I'm not really all that keen on the top Saints Fan tag or Legend, but of people want to discuss it fair does!

Despite following Saints for well 50 years now I find it embarrassing,for instance I have a gift from Chris Millar with to Gav.Saints No 1 fan.While that's nice ,how many No 1 fans have the same kind of thing 

When it comes to length of commitment to supporting the team saw some games throughout child hood starting 72 and up till I left the forces in 1981 and in that spell also managed to See John Connolly and Jim Pearson at Everton and Birmingham 

From about 81 to mid 90s I hardly missed a game home or away, and if I did it

Would be for a specific reason. 

I've therefore for seen the disappointing relegations  and the joys of promotion,and even pipping Hearts to step up to the big League title  as a part time team.

At that time winning the Scottish Cup ,or even League Cup was a pipe dream 

We regularly got studded by Meadowbank and Cowdenbeath to name 2 teams and have even travelled on the team bus on occasion because we didn't have enough to fill one single supporters bus 

I have been on the pitch (Legally)Well ish!Dressed as a Gorrilla accompanied by Zoro(The fan)

And I have,let's just say been a naughty boy at Palmerston getting the better of a QOS fan with a crash helmet on(If you know you know) I have had numerous players becoming friends who still keep in touch  and some great nights involving players at Supporters nights

I've witnessed some terrible  managers and players  and have even been a part of a small group who hounded one Manager out

My walls are plastered with Memorabilia and I have a St.johnstone mug collection of about 50 and a badge and strip  collection,which over the years has even been thinned down just to make more

I have been filmed for TV more that once and on Sportscene (Tattoo)and been part of a Centre  spread in the Daily record 

I could go on and on  but thats just a  snippet 

Yea I love St.johnstone to the extent I named my son Callum Fraser John Stewart,after Callum Davidson .I drink eat and sleep St.johnstone 

But ..Legend @@!!Na ,not for me

In my time watching St.johnstone I would probably put the late Jimmy McLiesh forward as a nomination. 

For someone that doesn't like the tag you put a damn good case for yourself :laugh:

Well done just a pity you are so shy and retiring:razz:

2 hours ago, rickardo said:

I mind that guy with the crash helmet , he eventually took it off and threw the brut , mind it bouncing about. Correct me if Im Wrong but was than not behind the goal where the home fans now stand ? I was barely a teenager .

Do you remember what I did to him before he removed the helmet  then?

14 minutes ago, rickardo said:

Raking my brain , mind he had a leather Jacket on and the crash helmet was black . Was there liquid involved ?

Nope 

There was a bit of a q wee break out between two sets of fans and our section was then out of the area that was originally half and half for toilets and pie shed

So you basically had to walk towards there fans for food and a pee

I walked towards this dude with helmet and what I remember as q black boiler suit type thing 

Any way he said "Where you going ya Perth b****** "I"'m going for a pie"@Said 

"You will need to get past me then "Said Mr Helmet "

So I nutted him threw the visor part of the helmet which he invited me to do by lifting it up

I struck him firmly to the ground to much cheers from Saints fans and another wee battle broke out. 

4 hours ago, rickardo said:

Raking my brain , mind he had a leather Jacket on and the crash helmet was black . Was there liquid involved ?

Always Thought  it was a blue boiler suit he had on.ye could be correct.

7 hours ago, rickardo said:

It was the 3  - 3 game .think we were winning 3-0 at some point .Ricky game was 14 th November 1981.

plenty scuffles between fans and I remember both sets of fans throwing fireworks at each other  in the covered terrace behind the goal.we were only segregated by cops who had a hard time controlling us.

took the train.what a blast.

On 2/1/2021 at 9:27 PM, Melbourne Saint said:

Railway sleepers ? Muirton terraces were concrete dude