Livingston V St.Johnstone - Saturday 6th Feb

SaintJet

Big game for both teams who obviously want to put down a marker for the cup final.

Livi are on a great run and what I've seen of them they are back to that overpowering pressing game, with Bartley and Holt pulling strings in midfield. Big strong defense with the Pony tailed Brown marshalling them at the back. They are a good side and play some nice neat stuff with dangerous strikers. We will have our hands full. We will win this.

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

Big game for both teams who obviously want to put down a marker for the cup final.

Livi are on a great run and what I've seen of them they are back to that overpowering pressing game, with Bartley and Holt pulling strings in midfield. Big strong defense with the Pony tailed Brown marshalling them at the back. They are a good side and play some nice neat stuff with dangerous strikers. We will have our hands full. We will win this.

Brown has been recalled by his parent club and Bartley has been on the bench recently. 

2 hours ago, Stumpy1966 said:

Brown has been recalled by his parent club and Bartley has been on the bench recently. 

I didn't realise Brown was away he was always a fixture with LIvi. Bartley is the Captain so he'll be playing.

The weather forecast looks awful and that "all weather" pitch has had a few games cancelled recently.

5 hours ago, SaintJet said:

Do they play “some nice neat stuff”?

I’d definitely say their style/game plan is effective. Easy on the eye? Not so sure.

What I have noticed they are very fit and play with a lot of energy. When they are in attack they get plenty players in the opposing teams box. In midfield they seem to outnumber the opposition, same in defence. In short they look as if they are playing with two extra players. I don’t think that they have any real star players, competent yes  but no individual to be frightened of.

I wonder if teams think that they should beat them and don’t give them enough respect, so play into their hands.

I will leave it up to Callum to decide what tactics to use in both games.

4 hours ago, HALLS ANGEL said:

What I have noticed they are very fit and play with a lot of energy. When they are in attack they get plenty players in the opposing teams box. In midfield they seem to outnumber the opposition, same in defence. In short they look as if they are playing with two extra players. I don’t think that they have any real star players, competent yes  but no individual to be frightened of.

I wonder if teams think that they should beat them and don’t give them enough respect, so play into their hands.

I will leave it up to Callum to decide what tactics to use in both games.

They are paying with 2 extra players, its called their pitch.

39 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

I’m afraid were going to lose this one narrowly. Which will make our unexpectedly easy win in the final (2-0) all the better.

Yeah not liking this playing them a few weeks beforehand. It would be great to end their unbeaten run but win on Saturday and we lose a bit of that underdog status.

I would expect to see Gilmour making his debut  in place of Muzz and probably Middleton  as well 

Can see CD playing his cards close to his chest not to give to much away leading up to Final

I think we might see something like

Clark 

Gordon Kerr McCart 

Brown McCann  Gilmour Tanser 

Middleton  May Conway 

He may go with Kane and Melamed up front but I have a suspicion that  those two plus Wotherspoon  Rooney   and perhaps even Tanser by bringing in Booth will be wrapped in cotton wool for the Final .Bryson and Craig will be used sparingly in case we need cover as well so can't see Bryson starting this one either 

Could be mince though. We will see.

45 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

I would expect to see Gilmour making his debut  in place of Muzz and probably Middleton  as well 

Can see CD playing his cards close to his chest not to give to much away leading up to Final

I think we might see something like

Clark 

Gordon Kerr McCart 

Brown McCann  Gilmour Tanser 

Middleton  May Conway 

He may go with Kane and Melamed up front but I have a suspicion that  those two plus Wotherspoon  Rooney   and perhaps even Tanser by bringing in Booth will be wrapped in cotton wool for the Final .Bryson and Craig will be used sparingly in case we need cover as well so can't see Bryson starting this one either 

Could be mince though. We will see.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the same team that started at Ibrox minus Muzz. I don't go in for all this cloak and dagger stuff. If CD can put a team that he thinks is his best out and will win even if it's the same team he is thinking about for the cup final he'll do it.

I think people need to start thinking about our league poition too, we're a long way from safety and need to start putting points on the board.

Anyone got the word on Muzz by the way?

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Some sort of possible Livi COVID breach before Aberdeen match involving a Tony Macaroni restaurant. 

Lost interest after the word Livingston.

They had a meal in the Aberdeen Tony Macaroni before the match claiming they had permission - where have we heard that excuse before? 

Mind you back in the day I used to enjoy TM food which automatically means it's classified as not good for you by  the diet experts.  Didn't seem to do Livi any harm, possibly being fed TM food is part of the players' pay deal.