Livingston V St.Johnstone - Saturday 6th Feb

SaintJet

Really important win. Livi have been on a great run, and it was important to end that. It tends to be, when a run like that is ended, the opposite happens and a team then struggles to find a win from anywhere. However, they have 3 fairly easy games before the final, so they might bounce back.

The table is very tight and it’s difficult to tell what will happen, but if we can go on a good run now, we might get top 6.

Today’s game was won by the defence. Rooney was excellent.

Edited by Linky

25 minutes ago, Linky said:

Really important win. Livi have been on a great run, and it was important to end that. It tends to be, when a run like that is ended, the opposite happens and a team then struggles to find a win from anywhere. However, they have 3 fairly easy games before the final, so they might bounce back.

The table is very tight and it’s difficult to tell what will happen, but if we can go on a good run now, we might get top 6.

Today’s game was won by the defence. Rooney was excellent.

One thing for sure 

Its about getting into top six and looking up 

No chance we will be in bottom 2 

Having looked at fixtures until break I think we will be 7th

Its definitely a 3 way battle between the 2 Saints and Utd for 6th

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Hope this has an adverse effect on Livi. Sometimes when a team are on a run they fight like mad to keep it going. Now they have had a defeat I hope it knocks them back. Can't see us making up 9 points on them before the break but you never know.

It will be a test of his management skills. They had employed a psychologist from down south who has been talking about the work she has been doing with them over the weeks on LinkedIn.  The gea between now and the final are Hamilton and at mirren so will see how they get on. 

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Question that I am sure Mainstand can answer.

What are the black pellets for on plastic pitches as it looks like had all been removed with the snow.

Don't really know why they are there think it is to make it an even bounce and softer landing. Just know they get everywhere even in places that you can't work out how they got there :eek:

Remember alloa when they first had it moved lots of snow off and took half the pellets off at the same time. They will just brush more in over the summer. 

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Question that I am sure Mainstand can answer.

What are the black pellets for on plastic pitches as it looks like had all been removed with the snow.

Pellets are  made from pulverized car tires, poured in between the fake grass blades. The rubber infill gives the field more bounce, cushioned the impact for players and helps prevent serious injuries like concussions.

19 hours ago, Johnny B said:

Pellets are  made from pulverized car tires, poured in between the fake grass blades. The rubber infill gives the field more bounce, cushioned the impact for players and helps prevent serious injuries like concussions.

Was the Saints pitch not old nike trainers, sure i read that somewhere.  

I was seriously surprised with how poor Livingston were. Hard to believe they're the same team who have done so well this season. Would have to expect they'll be a very different proposition in the final.

Had the thought after Rooney's goal that we could do a lot worse than sticking him up front if we're ever in a situation where we're desperate for a goal. Defenders seem to find him impossible to handle and his attacking headers are fantastic.