Motherwell V St.Johnstone - Saturday 20th Feb

SaintJet

16 minutes ago, Linky said:

I don't think it's unrealistic that Middleton will sign permanently at the end of his loan. Unless he does particularly well, I can't see Rangers wanting to keep him or other clubs making an offer.

Problem is the wages. He would, and probably will, earn more at a Rothsheffdale Wanderers in deepest darkest England.

33 minutes ago, Linky said:

I don't think it's unrealistic that Middleton will sign permanently at the end of his loan. Unless he does particularly well, I can't see Rangers wanting to keep him or other clubs making an offer.

He's contracted with them until 2023, so I doubt that they'll be willing to let him leave for nothing, or that he'll be willing to walk away from another 2 years of guaranteed mega-money for the bag of peanuts we'd be offering.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

He's contracted with them until 2023, so I doubt that they'll be willing to let him leave for nothing, or that he'll be willing to walk away from another 2 years of guaranteed mega-money for the bag of peanuts we'd be offering.

I don't see the point in discussing this - he's on loan to get game time and it's a win win situation for both teams. Lets not get too ahead of ourselves he's played 15 minutes and looked good lets hope he continues his good start.

"Bag of peanuts" - I don't think there is merit in disparaging our wage constraints. We are who we are and players come here because they know we are a well run club and they will get a chance to do thing they love rather than train all week and then sit in the stand.

43 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

I don't see the point in discussing this - he's on loan to get game time and it's a win win situation for both teams. Lets not get too ahead of ourselves he's played 15 minutes and looked good lets hope he continues his good start.

"Bag of peanuts" - I don't think there is merit in disparaging our wage constraints. We are who we are and players come here because they know we are a well run club and they will get a chance to do thing they love rather than train all week and then sit in the stand.

He'll be earning about 5 times what we could offer our highest earners. Would you turn down a guaranteed £200k for £50k?

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

He'll be earning about 5 times what we could offer our highest earners. Would you turn down a guaranteed £200k for £50k?

I certainly wouldn't turn down that sort of dough but that's not the point I was making - it was your flippant suggestion about our wage scheme which you might have not intended to be fair.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

I don’t think it’s that simple. He’s already had a few failed loans but he’s still young. 

He might be thinking that he’s not getting a look in at Rangers and when his contract ends. He’ll take a huge hit anyway with his next move, but if he comes here and succeeds, there will be a bigger move to come and he won’t have wasted years chilling in their reserves 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

All true...But.You could say the same about May MOH Bryson  Swanson Conway Kennedy  Kernaghan to mention a few who left big money behind to play regular games 

Let's be honest it would be a discussion between Saints and Rangers and is not beyond the realms of impossible 

It would probably be a good move for the laddie

Come to Saints for a couple of seasons and put himself in shop window 

I seriously doubt he will get many games with his parent club and has been loaned out too a couple of teams already 

It really depends on what he wants in his career and only he will know that 

Anyway he's played about half an hour for us and has much to prove before any of this is even relevant. 

10 hours ago, Cagey said:

St Mirren v Hamilton a draw probably the best result for us

If you are the optimist that want's a top half finish a Hamilton win would have been better. On the other hand if you are a pessimist and want to avoid the play off a St Mirren win would be the best outcome., St Mirren's next 3 games Livingston Motherwell and Ross County are all winnable and if they do 6 place is out of our reach. We would need 13 points to draw level with them. But let's take 1 game at a time anything is still possible 

11 hours ago, Johnny B said:

If you are the optimist that want's a top half finish a Hamilton win would have been better. On the other hand if you are a pessimist and want to avoid the play off a St Mirren win would be the best outcome., St Mirren's next 3 games Livingston Motherwell and Ross County are all winnable and if they do 6 place is out of our reach. We would need 13 points to draw level with them. But let's take 1 game at a time anything is still possible 

I think anything above play off is good. Difficult times and club hasnt invested as much as others in bringing in new players. Plus we've got a final so as long as we stay up it will have been a decent enough season.

45 minutes ago, Rob said:

I think anything above play off is good. Difficult times and club hasnt invested as much as others in bringing in new players. Plus we've got a final so as long as we stay up it will have been a decent enough season.

You are the Rev I am Jolly aren't you?