Motherwell V St.Johnstone - Saturday 20th Feb

SaintJet

4 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Great win. Would have been disappointed if we hadn't won this as I was expecting 3-0 at least.

Great boost for the final.

Imagine if we had played Guy from start of season. Third or fourth I would have thought.

Tommy says if we play with a front 2 Guy is first name on the team sheet. Hope we play with 2 up front next week as I can't see why would go into any other game even against OF other than a front 2 especially if Melamed is fit.

Is Tommy back :rolleyes:

45 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Game changed when Spoony went off.  We were not as direct with Bryson.

Would imagine if Spoony does not make it then Conway would be option ........please not Bryson.

Don't get the Bryson bashing!

Guy has hardly put a foot wrong for us when he plays and rarely fails to find a man with a pass and good on the ball

The hatred is embarrassing. 

I think it’s a fair observation to make that the game changed for us when Wotherspoon went off but I think that’s much more of an indication of how much Spoony does for the team and how well he works in the shape.

Fwiw I think Bryson has done ok in the last two games. Much improved. Prefer Wotherspoon, McCann, Craig, Davidson(in that order) to him.

40 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Guy has hardly put a foot wrong for us when he plays and rarely fails to find a man with a pass and good on the ball

Not Bryson bashing just stating that we are a far better unit going forward with other players.

Would use him to shore up midfield to nullify a game.

Cup final wise we need forward thinking players to get the ball into Melamed and Kane.

49 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Great win. Would have been disappointed if we hadn't won this as I was expecting 3-0 at least.

Great boost for the fina:oops:l.

Imagine if we had played Guy from start of season. Third or fourth I would have thought.

• Callum says if we play with a front 2 Guy is first name on the team sheet. Hope we play with 2 up front next week as I can't see why would go into any other game even against OF other than a front 2 especially if Melamed is fit.

What if we had played an unfit  player who was struggling to settle in and adapt to the Scottish game. The boy would have been slaughtered by the same people who are saying why was he not playing.

Go on and have a wee smile to yourself and stop looking for negatives  :rolleyes: be delighted that the saints had a good win and kept their first league  clean sheet away from home this season. 

44 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Thought bringing Bryson on was just good game management. We are 3 up 15 mins to go no need to go chasing the game manage the game and get everyone in safe and well with 3 point and a clean sheet. 

Totally agree on the Bryson bashing it seems folk are never happy unless they have someone to have a go at and he is this season's boo. Boy 

5 minutes ago, mainstand said:

What if we had played an unfit  player who was struggling to settle in and adapt to the Scottish game. The boy would have been slaughtered by the same people who are saying why was he not playing.

Go on and have a wee smile to yourself and stop looking for negatives  :rolleyes: be delighted that the saints had a good win and kept their first league  clean sheet away from home this season. 

There have been a few games since Melamed started to show what he can do that Callum has stuck to his preferred 1 up front & not played him. I just think that's a mistake.

But Callum is doing a great job. Entertaining football & goals. Who would have thought that. Hopefully next season it will be reflected in the crowds.

1 hour ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Really worried about Mel's future... Don't get me wrong, he's been a missing link up front, good workrate, runs to right areas, & confident. Personally, I'd love to see him sign- fricking Killie etc will be sniffing around. But... and a major issue- he doesn't look happy. Maybe he's homesick, Covid etc. He scores a beauty and his face is just... Vague. Bad sign IMO. 

Yes, he didn't look like he cared at all, wishing he was somewhere else...

36 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Thought bringing Bryson on was just good game management. We are 3 up 15 mins to go no need to go chasing the game manage the game and get everyone in safe and well with 3 point and a clean sheet. 

Totally agree on the Bryson bashing it seems folk are never happy unless they have someone to have a go at and he is this season's boo. Boy 

Thought he played very well.

2 hours ago, SaintJet said:

That is a pivotal win in our season. Fantastic performance.

Training next week should be interesting! :razz:

Headache for CD you better believe it.

St.Mirren’s remaining matches:

Celtic  (Lost) 0 points

Aberdeen (Draw) 1 point

Hamilton (Draw) 1 point

Livingston (Draw) 1 point

Motherwell

Ross County

Rangers 

Hamilton

6 matches in 17 days. They don’t have the depth of quality for that. 

That’s four games down for St.Mirren and only 3 points.

They are home to Motherwell on Wednesday, only 3 days rest, and then home to Ross County 3 days later.

They now only have one game in hand over us and they are only two points ahead.

COYS!!!

Cant wait to get back to McDiarmid to watch this team. Its hard to believe our position given how good we have played the majority of the time this season. As one of the bbc pundits said today, its only so long a team can put in the performances that St Johnstone does and not get the results they merit. I think the only reason Melamed doesnt start every week is the 1 up front formation we play against certain teams which is harsh on him but I dont think there is any issue. I think we are now in the position where we should be playing 2 up for the rest of the season.

Well aren’t  Saturday afternoon’s so much better when we  play like that?!

What  a great confidence booster ahead of next week,  agree with posts about sticking with 2 up front for next weekend, think we have too when it’s working so well.  Thought Craig was excellent today and Melamed just has composure that we’ve not had for some time.  

At times this season we’ve had one solid on form player at a time with Mcann taking his share off MOM accolades. The difference being now we’ve got Rooney, Spoony, Melamed and others hitting form at the same time.

Exciting times, who would have thought after our start we’d be challenging for top 6 and in a cup final, great stuff!!

10 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Obviously Sportscene couldn't show every attempt on goal, however from what they did show, if Saints had their shooting boots on, it could have been EIGHT or NINE nil.

Liam Craig wins today's crossbar challenge. :D

Liam  Craig staking his claim for place in the final.

As did Callum Booth.

Difficult decisions for Callum.

59 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Liam  Craig staking his claim for place in the final.

As did Callum Booth.

Difficult decisions for Callum.

I hope for liams sake that he plays and wins as he was so unlucky moving to Hibs just before we won the cup then coming back to saints as Hibs win it so it would be great for him as he bears the end of his career. 

11 minutes ago, mainstand said:

I hope for liams sake that he plays and wins as he was so unlucky moving to Hibs just before we won the cup then coming back to saints as Hibs win it so it would be great for him as he bears the end of his career. 

I would hope that if Muzz, Spoony & Liam are not playing due to injury or not selected , that they at least get on as subs.