Top Six Race 2021

garydavidson

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

It could come down to goal difference therefore mist play 2 strikers.

We played 2 strikers v Hibs at Easter Road and drew, then 1 striker v Hibs at Hampden and won 3-0.

You really need to get past this "more strikers = more goals" thing. Motherwell played 3 central strikers v us and managed 1 shot in 90 minutes. 

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

We played 2 strikers v Hibs at Easter Road and drew, then 1 striker v Hibs at Hampden and won 3-0.

You really need to get past this "more strikers = more goals" thing. Motherwell played 3 central strikers v us and managed 1 shot in 90 minutes. 

We will have to disagree you with the lone striker and me wanting 2 strikers.

If your evidence is correct to score more goals we should play a lone striker in the cup final. Who do you suggest Melamed, Kane or May?

11 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

If your evidence is correct to score more goals we should play a lone striker in the cup final. Who do you suggest Melamed, Kane or May?

I prefer the front two, but it neither guarantees more goals, nor a higher chance of winning, which is my point.

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us play a lone striker in the final, and if that happens I think it will be Kane. I think 3-4-3 would always have been CD's plan for the final but the big decision he has to make is whether Melamed's performance on Saturday was enough to force him to change that plan. Either way that's a massive call.

To get back on topic, I reckon 7 points would be enough but it's so tight that it is looking like goal difference could come into play (which would bugger United). Feels odd to have to support either of the OF in their games, but if they could each score a few goals in their games against St Mirren/United then it could really help us.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us play a lone striker in the final, and if that happens I think it will be Kane. I think 3-4-3 would always have been CD's plan for the final but the big decision he has to make is whether Melamed's performance on Saturday was enough to force him to change that plan. Either way that's a massive call.

To get back on topic, I reckon 7 points would be enough but it's so tight that it is looking like goal difference could come into play (which would bugger United). Feels odd to have to support either of the OF in their games, but if they could each score a few goals in their games against St Mirren/United then it could really help us.

I have  a feeling we'll be just short, hope I'm wrong but staying in this league is always my goal at the start of every season.

7 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Did Craig Levein not take that theory a bit further and was proved wrong with no striker and we will score goals??

I'll just be happy if we stay up , which I now confidently think we will. Been brimming with confidence since Christmas and finally scoring goals I feel. If we can keep the bulk of our squad it should bode well for next season and hopefully we'll be back at games by then to watch a far more entertaining team than say this time last year.