Top Six Race 2021

garydavidson

14 hours ago, south inch said:

Which was why a number of the arrests in George Square were for "sectarian offences".  No doubt old Francis was getting pelters despite him being a River Plate supporter.

I had a looks at Police Scotland website, wait for it..............

The Police have no power of arrest for anyone flouting the rules their hardest response is a fixed penalty ticket'

That is why there were no arrests for breaking the covid rules. The government need to change this before the OF game or the Mob will rule and police will be helpless other than to give out fixed penalties.

But knowing the Mob some of them break other laws and get arrested.

17 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

They don’t have any responsibility for any decision. It’s entirely in the hands of the Rangers mob. If they repeat it, everyone knows what that means and what then has to be done.

Those celebrations had little to do with football, of course. Everyone also knows that, but the media won’t say it.

Many in the Celtic support now believe that their CEO +board were complicit in ensuring the rebirth of the Ibrox club in order to maintain the blue pound and of course the OF franchise.

It has come back to bite them and Scotland big style.

They've let the monster oot'the bottle.

1 hour ago, Indicator said:

Many in the Celtic support now believe that their CEO +board were complicit in ensuring the rebirth of the Ibrox club in order to maintain the blue pound and of course the OF franchise.

It has come back to bite them and Scotland big style.

They've let the monster oot'the bottle.

Celtic and Rangers could virtually end open sectarianism (I stress open) in Scotland within 12 months if they wanted to. They don’t, because it’s worth so much money to them to keep it going. 

Any of you on Twitter will know that if anyone makes a particularly vile comment regarding race, religion, woman’s issues, constitutional politics etc then the bio of the individual concerned will very likely contain Rangers stuff (in the same way that on English twitter it will usually contain Brexit stuff). I suppose we’re lucky that in Scotland, these monsters are so easily identifiable and avoided. 

On 3/16/2021 at 2:29 PM, Abernethy Saint said:

Celtic and Rangers could virtually end open sectarianism (I stress open) in Scotland within 12 months if they wanted to. They don’t, because it’s worth so much money to them to keep it going. 

Any of you on Twitter will know that if anyone makes a particularly vile comment regarding race, religion, woman’s issues, constitutional politics etc then the bio of the individual concerned will very likely contain Rangers stuff (in the same way that on English twitter it will usually contain Brexit stuff). I suppose we’re lucky that in Scotland, these monsters are so easily identifiable and avoided. 

Have often argued that the reason Celtic and Rangers are such huge clubs is their barely disguised pandering to sectarianism.  Don't do Twitter but The Bears' Den is a classic example of your second point.  I see it has now been renamed The Champions' Den but given the deluded and appalling views now being expressed a better title would be The Den of the Master Race - in their dreams.

I know it's one step at a time and the next target will be catching Livi - but I really think we could have an outside chance of catching Aberdeen too.

Games against the OF could turn out to be really important because if ourselves, Livi or Aberdeen sneak a decent result against one of them it could be the thing that makes the difference. Even if we lose both OF games, keeping our goal difference down against them could turn out to be crucial.

44 minutes ago, Cagey said:

10th April St Johnstone v Aberdeen.

Celtic v Livi. Chance to take it back to 1 point.

We'd April 21st home to Rangers.

4 points from first 2 games minimum.

Sat 15 th May 12.30 home to Livi. 5th place decider ?.

• 2 weeks later...

St Johnstone's Callum Davidson is targeting European qualification to cap his dream first season as a manager after leading the Perth club to their first League Cup success and a top-six place. (Herald)

That will mean no resting players nor experimentation with players or formation

On 4/2/2021 at 8:58 AM, Johnny B said:

St Johnstone's Callum Davidson is targeting European qualification to cap his dream first season as a manager after leading the Perth club to their first League Cup success and a top-six place. (Herald)

That will mean no resting players nor experimentation with players or formation

Quite right too, we've every chance of Europe now.  

1 hour ago, Indicator said:

Probably is an indicator of what most sane people suspect, something is not all above board behind the scenes at Livi. Media love the story, but the Martindale rise/involvement reeks of something dodgy.

Still, we could be the beneficiaries here potentially. Beat them on the pitch first and foremost, but would hapily take a Euro place if Livi have been not following rules. 

45 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Probably true but why are they not taking action against them for not producing annual accounts by end of March?

Blatant breach of rules that apply to all Premier teams.

Surely a big fine and points reduction.