Hamilton v Saints, Wed 3 March, 6pm

blueheaven

So our Cup heroes don't get long to celebrate/recuperate as in just a couple of days we have an absolutely massive game in the race for Top 6.

How do people see us lining up for this one? I suspect we'll see a bit of rotation, with guys like Tanser, Bryson, May and Melamed coming in. Perhaps something along these lines?

_____________Clark

______Kerr Gordon McCart

Rooney McCann Bryson Tanser

__________Wotherspoon

_________Melamed May

48 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

So our Cup heroes don't get long to celebrate/recuperate as in just a couple of days we have an absolutely massive game in the race for Top 6.

How do people see us lining up for this one? I suspect we'll see a bit of rotation, with guys like Tanser, Bryson, May and Melamed coming in. Perhaps something along these lines?

_____________Clark

______Kerr Gordon McCart

Rooney McCann Bryson Tanser

__________Wotherspoon

_________Melamed May

If CD sees our cup final team as his strongest why change it when our last 3 games are must wins. When it is mathematical impossible to make top 6 then rest or rotate players. 

39 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

If CD sees our cup final team as his strongest why change it when our last 3 games are must wins. When it is mathematical impossible to make top 6 then rest or rotate players. 

You don’t get it do you ?

its now a squad game.horses for courses and tactics stuff.

dont know why I bother .ha ha

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

Who's to say he saw that team as his strongest. He certainly thought it was the formation that would do the job for him on the day.

Next game might require an entirely different approach and the team could be 'tweaked' accordingly.

I'm sure he will have a number of possible scenarios to take into consideration.

Edited by Indicator

It seems Davidson swaps between two shapes based on whether we are playing defensively or more attacking. Sunday was the more defensive line-up. I imagine Wednesday will swap to the other, with Conway out and Melamed in. Craig may make way for Bryson too. Perhaps Tanser in for Booth to provide more attack on the left-wing.

I think we need to use the squad for this one to match the obvious energy Hamilton will put into the game.

I’d go with the same back line, but change to the two upfront and give a couple bodies a rest.

Once again Kane ran himself into the ground- I’d give him a wee rest bring in both Melamed and May for him and Conway.

Liam had a cracking game on Sunday and Id be tempted to keep him in there- but I’d probably give Bryson the nod for this one. Would also like to see Gilmour given a little bit of game time in the second half if possible.

34 minutes ago, Indicator said:

Who's to say he saw that team as his strongest. He certainly thought it was the formation that would do the job for him on the day.

When we last played Hamilton away (3v5) it was yesterdays 3.4.2.1 formation and almost the same team Rooney in for McNamara and Craig in for the injured Davidson. The only unforced change yesterday was Kane for May, It did the job that day why change it?

I think there will be changes . It was tough gig at Hampden. Spoony  & Craig are getting on a bit. Kane & Rooney can themselves into the ground.

I think a place will be found for 1 or 2 of Tanser,Melamed ,May,Brown or Gilmore. Only Callum will know what he wants to do or take a chance in a must win game.

41 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

When we last played Hamilton away (3v5) it was yesterdays 3.4.2.1 formation and almost the same team Rooney in for McNamara and Craig in for the injured Davidson. The only unforced change yesterday was Kane for May, It did the job that day why change it?

He may not. :)

But if he does it's likely to be for the reasons suggested by previous posters.

Edited by Indicator

I would expect Tanser, May, Melamed and probably Bryson or Middleton to start. As someone already said its more of a squad game these days. The old days of almost the same team every week are gone.  If you have a good squad then it shouldnt be a problem for the manager to bring players in and out and choose the formation and players they think will do the job best on that occassion. Of course everyone wants to play in the cup final but all games are massive at the moment. CD seems happy to change the team and formation between games regardless of how well they performed the previous week but unlikely to make many changes to the team and gameplan in 90 mins unless he really has to hence only 1 sub in the Cup Final.

There is often the curse of struggling in a league game after a great win elsewhere. I always think the OF look jaded in the league after a great win the Champions League or whatever it might be. Players are mentally tired and struggle to get motivated. This is all the more reason to mix it up slightly and play a few who were on the bench on Sunday. I'd suggest May & Melamed, with Middleton behind them, Bryson to replace Craig too.

This is my formation

CUP WINNER

CUP WINNER   CUP WINNER   CUP WINNER    CUP WINNER

CUP WINNER     CUP WINNER     CUP WINNER

CUP WINNER      CUP WINNER     CUP WINNER

:cool:

I don't think for a minute it'll be the same line up as Sunday. Tanser and Melamed back in, even Rooney may get a rest. Kane is a machine on current form but must need a break as well. May has a good record on this pitch, expect to see him starting.

But Callum is the boss so I'll let him make the decisions.

25 minutes ago, south inch said:

If we want top 6 we have to win which will not be easy.  Players should still be on a high though COYS.

This will not be easy but we should have a real confidence running through the team and I expect us to win this.

Some changes? I expect to see Melamed start along with Middleton and maybe Brown too. MOH will get a run at some point.

Hamilton 0 - Saints 2

We have been on a good run and haven't lost to Hamilton in the last four games. On the high of the cup win and a chance to start putting some nails in the Hamilton relegation coffin.

The experienced Saints fan in me says it is all set up for a defeat. Really huge chance to move above United, apply pressure to St Mirren and open up a huge gap on Hamilton.