Hamilton v Saints, Wed 3 March, 6pm

blueheaven

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

Not in my book a couple of misplaced passes and caught in possession. Can't recall a good run with the ball a dangerous cross into the box or a shot on target. Or by looking good do you mean you find him attractive :cool:

Are you just making up quotes for me now? 

I didn’t say this at any point in this thread. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, mainstand said:

I am not on the wind up. He had a header a shot and then the goal in 90 minutes, I though generally the game was passing him by. my opinion.

As i said he had a header, a shot and the goal.

No surprise there going by your comments you normally do :laugh:

They were good saves yes;

I actually like and hope that we can sign him up for next season but just did not think he was on it last night. And yes you can say he could have had a hatrick but on his previous performances I would have expected more. 

Mainstand rolling out the old Jason Scotland argument here... 

“all he does is score goals” 

16 hours ago, mainstand said:

I thought it was a great goal from Guy, but have to ask what he was up to in the rest of the game. I thought he was totally off the pace and it showed he needs someone like Kane to play off.  

I agree with this, he is much better with Kane. However, the thing with Melamed is that he can be totally anonymous for 20 minutes and then pop up with a goal. The Scottish game is much faster and more robust than he will have been used to, so he'll take some time and will get even better.

15 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

His attitude is apparently rotten, and why he hasn't been played by McInnes, and why Ayr were happy to let him leave them in January.

I'd be wary of signing someone off the back of 5 good games for Hamilton, look at how Callachan is doing.

I didn't know this. Sometimes it takes being let go by a club to turn your attitude around. He certainly put in a good shift yesterday.

44 minutes ago, Linky said:

I agree with this, he is much better with Kane. However, the thing with Melamed is that he can be totally anonymous for 20 minutes and then pop up with a goal. The Scottish game is much faster and more robust than he will have been used to, so he'll take some time and will get even better.

As far as I am concerned he could go to sleep for as while if he could if he could make the goalie make 4 or 5 good saves per game.

I am not sure where people are getting the impression he couldn't do a job as a lone striker(not that I want us to play 1 up). I think he is strong & good at holding off players.

I think he was up there on his own on Wednesday when he took that ball under control & scored in one movement.

You don't have to be combative with defenders like Kano. Taking up position & making space etc just as important.

3 hours ago, mainstand said:

Not at all, you have obviously not read what I said. 

I’m joking. 

In Guy’s defence, in his first foray on to a plastic pitch, he really struggled. He was really toiling with the unusual speed of the pitch and the bounce. It was written all over his face

Last night was a vast improvement. 

Interesting to see the Tanser, Kane and Melamed are all still unsigned. 

All 3 are signed to the same agency down south, I believe they’re called Shooting Stars. 

3 hours ago, Linky said:

Totally agree

24 minutes ago, GranitecitySaint said:

Maybe I’m missing something here but I’m confused why Rice and now Roughy on PLZ are suggesting the Melamed goal was off side. I thought if the ball was played in from your own half then you can be offside. He looked in line to me anyway 

No you can't be office if the player is in their own half if the player receiving the ball is in their own half. If ball is played from.your half you can still be offside