St.Johnstone v Hibernian - Saturday 6th March

SaintJet

Must win game if we want to break into the top six. Hibs were very lucky early in the season and so I feel we are due a bit of good luck against them.

I see Kane coming back into bolster our attack and maybe CD might use Melamed with him as a front two. The teamĀ for sure will be freshened up.

It'll be interesting to see if CD goes back to 3-4-3, given how effective it was against Hibs in the semi-final.

I reckon Melamed will keep his place and Kane will be brought back in to start alongside him (assuming Kane's fit). I think McCann will come back in too but possibly Craig will be rested this time so we might get a McCann-Bryson midfield?

Anyone seen any injury updates on Muzz and Rooney?

1 hour ago, Rob said:

We all want to see Melamed and Kane start this dont we. Obviously the win is the most important thing but Id just like see the partnership a bit more.

It's great to see fans wanting Kane in the team; the lad has had a hard time from some fans on here and shame on them.

I'd like to see Guy and Kane start too but CD is pretty much a technician when it comes to balancing his teams so we just have to go with him. We have nothing to fear from HIbs and if we stick to our game plan we'll bring the points home.

Agree with above, would like to see Melamed and Kane start, they do seem to work well together, but I guess that all depends on how Callum wants to play this one. Also hope to see Rooney back in if all is ok with him. Wonder if, having each already played two full games this week, maybe Liam Craig and/or Spoony will sit this one out?

6 hours ago, SaintJet said:

It's great to see fans wanting Kane in the team; the lad has had a hard time from some fans on here and shame on them.

I'd like to see Guy and Kane start too but CD is pretty much a technician when it comes to balancing his teams so we just have to go with him. We have nothing to fear from HIbs and if we stick to our game plan we'll bring the points home.

Kane is getting better and better, and his fitness is unreal.Ā  He must have covered some mileage in the final.Ā  Fair play to him because he's had some stick, and a couple of poor seasons, head could have dropped long ago.Ā Ā 

50 minutes ago, montrosesaintee said:

Kane is getting better and better, and his fitness is unreal.Ā  He must have covered some mileage in the final.Ā  Fair play to him because he's had some stick, and a couple of poor seasons, head could have dropped long ago.Ā Ā 

The bile the lad has had on here was unreal, same ones that gave it out to Tommy.

The formation and team is hard predict. 3.4.1.2 or 3,4,2.1 are his preferred formations. Clark and the back 3 will be as usual

Wingbacks Rooney/Brown and Tanser/Booth

Centre mid McCann and Craig/Bryson

If 2.1 Wotherspoon and Conway with Kane lone striker

If 1.2 Wotherspoon withĀ KaneĀ and Melamed

My guess 3.4.2.1

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

All of the sameĀ players who were carrying knocks midweek, with the exception of Rooney who got injured during the game, so I donā€™t see any reason for many changes.

Hopefully McCann for Bryson & Kane for May but think he will try to play Conway at the expense of Melamed.

Would be surprised and disappointed if so. I think itā€™s become a bit easier to work out when Callum favours the 5-2-3. Since Melamed broke into the team, Callum has only reverted to that formation against the OFĀ and also in the Hampden matches. He attempted to persist with it against Aberdeen immediately after the cup win against Hibs, but Iā€™d be surprised if he didnā€™t learn from that. I reckon the two up front will be our default choice from now on.

2 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Would be surprised and disappointed if so. I think itā€™s become a bit easier to work out when Callum favours the 5-2-3. Since Melamed broke into the team, Callum has only reverted to that formation against the OFĀ and also in the Hampden matches. He attempted to persist with it against Aberdeen immediately after the cup win against Hibs, but Iā€™d be surprised if he didnā€™t learn from that. I reckon the two up front will be our default choice from now on.

I hope so but I think Callum still has his preferred formation.

There is also the problem that some people never learn if they have preconceived ideas.