St.Johnstone v Hibernian - Saturday 6th March

SaintJet

1 minute ago, Linky said:

Well played, another good defensive performance. McCart or Kerr should be MoM, but the whole back line played well. Wotherspoon not his usual self, Melamed couldn't quite get into the game. All we needed was the win though.

McCart for me, was everywhere with key defensive plays 

15 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

Very important win there. Top 6 here we come!

Stats say we had 2 shots at goal. I couldn't think of the other one then remembered Tanser chance late on.

Dallas & Beaton  probably would have sent Liam off for that last man tackle.

Bloody strange season. That game definitely falls into the category of "god's were shining on us". Can't remember a Saints corner. Hibs were into double figures... They can't say they were "robbed" as such, but they were massively on top in just about every stat. Apart from the one that counts most. 3 points. Saints looked justifiably "limp". Interesting how the teams around us fare with games in hand. McCart kind of reminds me of Gary Gillespie (minus the t*** ego). Seems to cruise through games & keeps his discipline & concentration when required. Expect Killie must start getting results.. can someone do the remaining fixtures for all teams in the mix for 6th?

58 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Melamed starts, we win!

Unfortunately the quietest Guy has been ,never got into the game for some reason & didn't or didn't think he had the pace to best the defender & then tried the wrong pass.

5 minutes ago, akuram said:

Thought MOH had a great second half, really payed back CD for his second chances after some stupid red cards earlier in the season.

Whole team played their hearts out after the week they have had.

Hibs had a few chances and I was glad to hear the final whistle but looking back we defended well.

For a guy that hasn't played much this season Mikey was great in defence second half.

First half Booth & Spoony were linking well as were Mikey & Kerr.

Second half I assume Callum asked them to hold what they had as they were never over half way in second.

1 hour ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Bloody strange season. That game definitely falls into the category of "god's were shining on us". Can't remember a Saints corner. Hibs were into double figures... They can't say they were "robbed" as such, but they were massively on top in just about every stat. Apart from the one that counts most. 3 points. Saints looked justifiably "limp". Interesting how the teams around us fare with games in hand. McCart kind of reminds me of Gary Gillespie (minus the t*** ego). Seems to cruise through games & keeps his discipline & concentration when required. Expect Killie must start getting results.. can someone do the remaining fixtures for all teams in the mix for 6th?

Sat 13th 

Livingston v Hamilton 

Ross County v Hibs 

Sat 20th 

Saints v Ross County 

Hamilton v St.Mirren 

Dundee Utd v Aberdeen 

Kilmarnock v Motherwell 

46 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

I’ve double check it my original post and definitely doesn’t say “every time Melamed starts we win”. It’s says, “Melamed starts, we win!”

So what was your point then? Melamed lasts 90 minutes,we draw?As two starts were draws, at Utd,andHibs away

Edited by dave mc

2 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Sat 13th 

Livingston v Hamilton 

Ross County v Hibs 

Sat 20th 

Saints v Ross County 

Hamilton v St.Mirren 

Dundee Utd v Aberdeen 

Kilmarnock v Motherwell 

Think you have to include Livi in the mix now, they are only 5 goals ahead of us at present and we are one goal ahead of St Mirren. Hamilton win against Livi next Saturday then a Saints win and a St Mirren draw combined with a Hibs thumping of livi in a fortnight could see Saints go to 5th place and Livi in 7th. 

25 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Think you have to include Livi in the mix now, they are only 5 goals ahead of us at present and we are one goal ahead of St Mirren. Hamilton win against Livi next Saturday then a Saints win and a St Mirren draw combined with a Hibs thumping of livi in a fortnight could see Saints go to 5th place and Livi in 7th. 

:wub:

3 hours ago, Tricky6 said:

Cant believe we’re the 5th highest goal scoring team in the league, yet we couldn’t buy a goal in so many of the games!

This has to rank as the worst Premier League for a long long time....

Aye. If you are not averse to spending umpteen millions that you haven't got (and nobody knows, nor cares, where it comes from) you could actually win this league. :cool:

34 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Steady now.

After being worried about being in play of positions not so very long ago I'm now delighted were challenging for top six, although not to worried if we get there or not as we surely safe now and got a cup. Rode our luck a bit today especially second half but team coped well, think it was mccart who saved the day at the end and few times in-between, he's progressing well in my opinion but does like a dodgy clearance now n again:rolleyes:. Good to see Moh working hard today and Zander getting a couple of confident saves to, think he only booted it out the park once today LAUGH OUT LOUD. Anyway 3 PTS that I'd thought in a game we might have only got 1 in after a successful busy week braw.

A