Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

May as well start it, as looks like we're safe. Guessing Mel will be offski, so will need a striker, a few midfielders/ wingers will most likely go. Tànser etc. Guessing that there will be a flood of European players trying to get a club. Haven't been paying attention to Div 1, so don't know who/ what available. Now is the time Saints seriously need to look at what we have & what we want, none of this "last orders" nonsense. But then again, most clubs will be pretty cagey with transfers, so may be a lot of loans....

I think Hendry, Bryson & MOH will be leaving. Not sure about Conway, perhaps another year but will spend next season more as a subsitiute. Tanser might be looking elsewhere The rest will stay as long as we can hold onto them.

Davidson's teams are disciplined, and I think that's why Hendry & MOH will be on their way out.

Coming in? We need to right-winger if MOH is moving on. I wonder whether we'd look at Drey Wright again, as it hasn't worked out for him. Is Gilmour the natural replacement for Bryson? Are we happy with 3 strikers?

3 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

We do not play with wingers, so do not need them. Our formations are 3.4.2.1 or 3.4.1.2

Ok, change that to: we need someone to play on the right hand side when we play 3.4.2.1, in the position that is sometimes taken by Conway or MOH. Perhaps you'd call it inside right.

1 hour ago, Linky said:

Yes, I just wonder whether Aberdeen will make a bid.

Not hitting it off at Dons so don't think they will want Hendry.

Drey Wright can play the wingback role but not sure Saints would want him back or if he would come back.

Kennedy not getting a regular game at Dons but similar thoughts as Wright. Maybe a swap for Hendry.

Apparently Saints have opened contract talks with Guy, Kane (Courier), Rooney (4-4-2). Good sign, fingers crossed.... That means Hendry out on loan again? But we'll have to get rid of some... To be brutally frank, don't want Kennedy, Wright back (if they would come). Not only do they not fit the system, but they'd want decent ££££. Rather Mel had that. 2 years plus option of 1 please Mr Broon. Conway is an interesting one, getting on, but can deliver a cross. Given we now seem to possess genuine a threat at set pieces (when did that last happen?), A replacement must be able to do the same. MOH, not fussed. He either gets coached to smithereens by CD to be a wingback, or fine if he left. Don't think Kane would ask for a big contract, Mel & Rooney will. A decent CM is required, allow McCann forward. Bryson off. Hopefully no bids for Kerr or McCart.

Obviously hypothetical, but was watching EFL games this morning and got thinking for the purposes of this,Let's say  Melamed Kane  Hendry and May  (Strikers)all leave in the summer along with McCann (Midfield)who would you bring in  and on budget??
Firstly I would quite like us to take a chance on Kyle Turner Tommy Turners  laddie at Dunfermline. 
I'm pretty sure he could develope at Saints and possibly replace McCann if he moved on 
As for forwards I have no idea if we could afford one of them never mind both but I noticed in EFL 4th tier today 2 strikers one a so called No 9 and the other 10(I say so called because I'm not keen on the term)but that's besides the point. 
The first is 32 but that probably makes it easier for us to get him 
Eion Doyle is at Bradford  ,I think he is out of contract but not sure.
The other one that stuck out for me was
Paul Mullin 
26 currently at Cambridge  and also out of contract 
Obviously I have no idea if we could afford them but surely playing in top tier in Scotland would  beat 4th  tier in England for ambition and chances of Cup success as well
Thoughts folks?

15 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Apparently Saints have opened contract talks with Guy, Kane (Courier), Rooney (4-4-2). Good sign, fingers crossed.... That means Hendry out on loan again? But we'll have to get rid of some... To be brutally frank, don't want Kennedy, Wright back (if they would come). Not only do they not fit the system, but they'd want decent ££££. 

I don't think either player will be coming back, but have to say I'm not sure about them "not fitting the system". Wright would fit into either of the positions Rooney and Conway play for us, and Kennedy can play either on the left of a front three or through the middle. I'd be quite happy to see either of them back at Saints TBH, but as far as I'm aware neither of them are even out of contract (Kennedy signed a 3-year deal with Aberdeen and Wright signed a 2-year deal with Hibs).

Don't know how realistic it is but personally I'd be keen on seeing Middleton come back. Even though he hasn't played a huge amount, I think he's shown some real promise and could be a replacement for Conway (if Conway doesn't stay).

Hopefully towards the end of the season we can see Gilmour get a bit of game time to see if he's one for the future too.

Hendry is someone who I still think has something to offer us, but perhaps that will depend on what happens with Melamed.

Unless I've missed something, I haven't seen any reports on whether we're discussing a new deal with Liam Craig?

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Unless I've missed something, I haven't seen any reports on whether we're discussing a new deal with Liam Craig?

Seeing the photograph of Liam on his own on the pitch after the Cup Final leads me to think that he may have been, not only taking in what had just happened, but contemplating his future involvement in the game. 

19 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

Seeing the photograph of Liam on his own on the pitch after the Cup Final leads me to think that he may have been, not only taking in what had just happened, but contemplating his future involvement in the game. 

He wants another year and a crack at overtaking Ando (16 games)

Today's press 

Liam Craig will get a new contract, and it would be baffling if there's even a debate about it. Our best holding midfielder by a mile. Given a choice between him and Muzz I'd choose Craig.

Think Bryson might go, but wouldn't be certain on that. MOH and May probably on the edge due to their wages too, would depend on how far they're willing to drop financially, they might reject what they're offered. 

Melameds agents have been tweeting every good moment of his for the past 6 months, so they'll likely want to wait and see what offers they can get this Summer. Kane should be renewed easily. No idea what you do with Conway, similar position to Bryson I guess.

Tanser has made it clear he'll be off, so Booth should be renewed, shouldn't be a hassle I reckon.

Dunno about Parish, would depend on how Sinclair/Willis look.