Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

59 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

"Left-back Scott Tanser is set to leave St Johnstone as a free agent this summer after failing to reach agreement in talks over a new contract."

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/2051005/scott-tanser-left-back-likely-to-leave-st-johnstone/

As long as we sign Booth I am not worried. If I had to choose it would have been Booth anyway.

Saints have given Tanser his chance & improved him but a player has to go where the money is. Have a feeling we will not hear too much about him in the future.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

As long as we sign Booth I am not worried. If I had to choose it would have been Booth anyway.

Saints have given Tanser his chance & improved him but a player has to go where the money is. Have a feeling we will not hear too much about him in the future.

Agreed. Very decent in the air with a good cross but not the best defensively for me.  

Tanser has improved, but he just can't defend.

Would have liked to have kept him in the squad, but there is no way I would be breaking the bank to keep him. So if he's after more money then good luck to him.

Might see him in league one in England next year...hope he gets the pay day he's after as he's taking a chance...you would imagine his agent has a fair idea of what's on offer in England and I imagine its nearer the family.

We always assume that they ask for more money. He could have asked for the same and we offered less as he was a squad player,

Tanser departing leaves us short of defensive players, We have 3 recognised Centre backs (Kerr Gordon and McCart) and 2 recognised wing backs (Rooney and Booth) We need cover

2 hours ago, Johnny B said:

We always assume that they ask for more money. He could have asked for the same and we offered less as he was a squad player,

Tanser departing leaves us short of defensive players, We have 3 recognised Centre backs (Kerr Gordon and McCart) and 2 recognised wing backs (Rooney and Booth) We need cover

I've been saying this - we have 5 first-team and very good quality defenders. I would like us to sign 3 young defenders (right back, centre back, left back) this summer who are willing to sit on the bench and develop, then take their chance when they can.

18 minutes ago, Linky said:

I've been saying this - we have 5 first-team and very good quality defenders. I would like us to sign 3 young defenders (right back, centre back, left back) this summer who are willing to sit on the bench and develop, then take their chance when they can.

Hopefully Callum has it all under control. Since the stories of OF interest in him I think we knew his agent was looking for a move or more money for Tanser.

1 hour ago, Linky said:

Not sure we can afford the luxury of 3 decent young defenders. CD has a bit of work on for contracts to existing players & whether he'll let the likes of Bryson go etc. Maybe more loan deals & one midfield signing. If Melamed stays, doubt he'd be cheap.in a perfect world (no such thing!), We'd know what we've got, or not, and work on that. Probably have a clearer picture end of April.

Good luck to Tanser wherever he ends up,not a big loss as I always felt he was scared to tackle especially in the box but enjoyed a lot of his crosses into the opposition's box. Thoroughly enjoyed he's cross at dens that he scored from in the first minute, (or did he mean that,,aye). I'd just sat doon n had to get up again!

3 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

Aye the grass is always greener but some always know best. Think he will sink like a stone.

I tend to agree. As a club, we’re good at giving players time to settle in. That doesn’t happen at many clubs. He might earn a bit more but he won’t move up in any other way. 

Look at Drey Wright at Hibs. I’d say he’s a far better all round player than Tanser and he’s flopped at Hibs. 

26 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

Aye the grass is always greener but some always know best. Think he will sink like a stone.

Don't you think he might want to return closer to family? He'll have been miles away from them for the best part of a year and as far as any of us are aware he's continued to do his job well without complaining. If he has the chance to get back down south and make a bit more money in the process, then of course he should do that. Give the guy a break.

33 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Don't you think he might want to return closer to family? He'll have been miles away from them for the best part of a year and as far as any of us are aware he's continued to do his job well without complaining. If he has the chance to get back down south and make a bit more money in the process, then of course he should do that. Give the guy a break.

My opinion it's a forum.

2 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

The only ones that will miss Tanser are Old Firm wingers. 

Cheers Scott. Thanks for the occasional decent cross.  Consider yourself lucky to have a cup winners medal you utter shitebag. 

To be fair he was improving & did a decent job for us but not the best defender.