Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

On 3/19/2021 at 12:41 PM, mainstand said:

Be sad to see Tanser go thought he had done well over the last couple of seasons. 

Think some of the comments on here are pretty brutal.  

Canny believe Tanser is getting all the shit that is being flung his way.

He's obviously not the hardest tackler in the team and relies on his pace to intercept the ball and move forward to put in good crosses.

On balance, he can be caught out when a winger cuts inside, aka Chris Burke.

Thankfully that hasn't happened too often.

Whatever he decides to do, I wish him the best.

Just now, montrosesaintee said:

Always felt Tanser's greatest asset is his balance, and he excels on artificial pitches as a result.  I think we'll miss his contribution, but if he wants a bigger gig somewhere fair play.  One less plastic pitch next season anyway...

Are Killie going down ?.

I think what will be a big factor in tansers decision will be family. Would imagine with covid and a young family, the being distant from home will be a big factor and who can blame him. I do think he is at his level now, so would be interesting to see where he goes.

I wonder if there is any McCart=Rooney type players in the championship who can play left back.

I think the biggest task this summer will be getting players to sign new contracts and fend off interest in out players.

Slightly concerned that we may end up loosing both May and Melamed in the summer. Both might feel they aren't getting enough game time. Swap MOH for Middleton and I'd be happy. 

12 hours ago, weesainty said:

Is there any chance off us getting Middleton on a permanent deal doubt hel get in to the rangers team 

I doubt it.

He's contracted there until 2023, and Rangers were asking £500k for Greg Stewart in January despite him having far less on his deal and being far older.

It would take a hefty 6 figure fee to get Middleton and we won't do that.

1 hour ago, TheYellowBox said:

I think what will be a big factor in tansers decision will be family. Would imagine with covid and a young family, the being distant from home will be a big factor and who can blame him. I do think he is at his level now, so would be interesting to see where he goes.

I wonder if there is any McCart=Rooney type players in the championship who can play left back.

I think the biggest task this summer will be getting players to sign new contracts and fend off interest in out players.

Slightly concerned that we may end up loosing both May and Melamed in the summer. Both might feel they aren't getting enough game time. Swap MOH for Middleton and I'd be happy. 

I don't think MOH would go back to rangers after the way they treated him the last time:oops:

Edited by Stumpy1966

Yesterday must have a significant bearing on who stays and who leaves.  Maybe a season long loan for Middleton might suit both Saints and Rangers next season? 

Id love to see the squad pretty much as is.  I keep saying it but Callum deserves huge credit for sticking to his plan despite a dreadful run of results, and he has an excellent group of players to implement that plan.  

Wouldn't be too upset to see O'Halloran and Bryson leave, but both have played a part this season.  

When was the last time we were not on here saying we need a striker/winger etc. desperately?

What an era to be a Saints fan!!

Edited by montrosesaintee

Going to be interesting to see how much game time Guy gets in the run in. CD seems to revert back to his one up top in the games that might be more difficult...so will Guy get enough starts after the split to convince him to stay? Not so sure.

The top six should mean we can make reasonable renewal offers to those we want to stay. Though, I wonder how much of the large prize money pot goes on the bonuses for getting there.

On 3/9/2021 at 7:48 AM, RandomGuy said:

Liam Craig already has a coaching role at Saints.

Didn't want to start a new thread on Liam Craig but I think we have to give a big thank you to Liam ,as in the last 4 or 5 games he has been immense & is probably the main reason we made the top 6.

A true club man if ever there was one.

21 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Didn't want to start a new thread on Liam Craig but I think we have to give a big thank you to Liam ,as in the last 4 or 5 games he has been immense & is probably the main reason we made the top 6.

A true club man if ever there was one.

He was immense 1st half yesterday, winning headers against taller opponents,  making clean tackles, and more importantly finding someone with every pass.

2 hours ago, MrBored said:

Going to be interesting to see how much game time Guy gets in the run in. CD seems to revert back to his one up top in the games that might be more difficult...so will Guy get enough starts after the split to convince him to stay? Not so sure.

The top six should mean we can make reasonable renewal offers to those we want to stay. Though, I wonder how much of the large prize money pot goes on the bonuses for getting there.

Melamed is braw, but is he that good that he can pick and choose? He might grab a half-decent offer from Saints with both hands.

Not getting at you at all, but it always puzzled me that, if a striker scores a few goals, suddenly he’s worth a fortune. Isn’t it their job? 

25 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Melamed is braw, but is he that good that he can pick and choose? He might grab a half-decent offer from Saints with both hands.

Not getting at you at all, but it always puzzled me that, if a striker scores a few goals, suddenly he’s worth a fortune. Isn’t it their job? 

You only need to look around our dressing room and you will see that although it is a striker’s job to score goals, it’s bloody hard to find one that actually does ... especially when you are paying folk what we pay. Sometimes you just have to accept that you’ve found a gem and you need to pay him accordingly. Other times, you pay a player handsomely and they just don’t do their job very well.

2 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

You only need to look around our dressing room and you will see that although it is a striker’s job to score goals, it’s bloody hard to find one that actually does ... especially when you are paying folk what we pay. Sometimes you just have to accept that you’ve found a gem and you need to pay him accordingly. Other times, you pay a player handsomely and they just don’t do their job very well.

I like Melamed and was shouting for weeks to play him but in his last 2or 3 appearances he has been quiet, probably because he is heavily marked. On yesterday's performance I think May was better . Difficult decision for Callum. At the end of the day it will come down to wage demands.

6 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I like Melamed and was shouting for weeks to play him but in his last 2or 3 appearances he has been quiet, probably because he is heavily marked. On yesterday's performance I think May was better . Difficult decision for Callum. At the end of the day it will come down to wage demands.

Yes, he seems to be getting extra attention. Which, in theory, means others get more space. And there can also be form dips. As to forwards being regular goalscorers, May isn't, Kane isn't, MOH isn't. Hendry ... Was. But who knows now. Melamed in my opinion is an out-& out goalscorer. Doesn't mean he'll score every game, and they can be selfish by nature. But I keep looking at that goal Vs Hamilton (turns out a very important one), where the commentator had a senior moment & called him "Bergkamp". That timing of his run, the control, under pressure, and finish is something I've not seen in years. Wright & O'Boyle could've maybe had the skill to do it. I think he'd be a 15 goal a season striker- maybe more. Depends on system....

I'd love to see us hold on to Middleton if there was some way to make it happen (even if just another loan). Every time he's come onto the pitch he's completely changed the energy levels of the whole team. He also seems to be brilliant at getting into goalscoring positions and always finds a way to have a couple of shots on goal. Would be interesting to see what he'd be like from the start of a match - maybe we'll see him get that chance in the Cup game.