Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

6 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

If Kane wanted to be one of our highest earners, would people agree to that?

4 league goals all season and only 2 since the start of December...

I can assure you that Chris Kane will not be requesting wages that we see him even come close to Clark, Bryson, Conway or May. Not even close!

8 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

I can assure you that Chris Kane will not be requesting wages that we see him even come close to Clark, Bryson, Conway or May. Not even close!

Bryson and Conway aren't even close to our highest earners.

Presumably this is just another way folk want to have digs at them though, I guess.

11 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Presumably this is just another way folk want to have digs at them though, I guess.

you are obviously working in HMRC or on the payroll team at McDiarmid Random, or is it someones grannies third cousin walks the accountants dog?? 

Players wages like your wage and most of us on here is a private matter and whilst you can speculate as much as you want PLEASE PLEASE do not post it as fact cause really you are only guessing or going by some football game like FIFA:roll:

9 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

Love this thread when we get all in the know posters commenting on what kind of wage level our players are on.

Just wish they were backed up with facts to justify the comment.

It annoys the living daylights out of me, that instead of speculating folk post it as facts. 

8 hours ago, Cagey said:

Yeah its amazing how many on here know what wages Saints pay.

Maybe they know all our wages we should play a game and ask them to tell us what our salary is. :wacko:

Edited by mainstand

13 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

I'm always amazed at how much intel you have Random.

I don't like fans having digs at any of our players but have you not done that with your original post regarding Kanes 'presumed' demands for extortionate money despite having scored only four goals?

Come on lets be seen to be consistant.

Hopefully Saints get most of their team re signed or extended asap as Hearts will be looking for players with a proven Premiership record.

Saints are in a better position financially than most in the Premiership so with probably the best squad in many a year,now is the time to push on & be a bit more adventurous

11 hours ago, Cagey said:

Yeah its amazing how many on here know what wages Saints pay.

I don't pretend to have any insight, but was there not a relatively detailed breakdown published by the SPFL recently to do with the FFP stuff that detailed clubs wage bills and the range from lowest to highest paid players?  I'm sure someone posted something fairly recently that compared the 12 SPL teams in that respect.

Frankly it doesn't bother me much.  We know that Steve Brown is not a risk taker with the club's finances, so if the manager can get deals done to keep players or sign players within that context, good on him.  I would just love to see this squad kept largely in tact for next season.

44 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Are any of the young lads ready to step up? 

A third or so of the current team came in that way......

I don't think any of us know. I doubt if Saints know as the youngsters have not been getting game time.

I think they will know who they are keeping but not who is good enough to step up.

15 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

Love this thread when we get all in the know posters commenting on what kind of wage level our players are on.

Just wish they were backed up with facts to justify the comment.

I'm sure they would back their posts up with facts if they had facts:wink:

8 hours ago, Cagey said:

Hibs posting a £1.4 million loss & that is only up til June. Just imagine what it will be next year. Puts our £20 grand loss into perspective.

As I said ,it is time to put our financial advantage into effect.

Yes & Hibs imposed wage cuts & then went out & bought Nisbet for £250k. Dundee Utd did the same - bought Shankland for £250k & then asked the players to take  wage cuts & begged the Supporters club to raise £100k for the club. Economics of tthe madhouse.

8 hours ago, Scott1884 said:

Yes & Hibs imposed wage cuts & then went out & bought Nisbet for £250k. Dundee Utd did the same - bought Shankland for £250k & then asked the players to take  wage cuts & begged the Supporters club to raise £100k for the club. Economics of tthe madhouse.

They will recoup all of the £1.4m plus if they cash in on Nisbet a the end of the season, having turned down a £3m bid for him in the January window, 

11 hours ago, Scott1884 said:

No doubt we'll get the same again this summer - these clubs pleading poverty while at the same time outspending Saints by a long, long way. It's really quite incredible that after all these years, none of these clubs have looked at what Saints do and realised they could copy our model, with bigger crowds than us, and be pretty bloody successful.

2 hours ago, mainstand said:

They will recoup all of the £1.4m plus if they cash in on Nisbet a the end of the season, having turned down a £3m bid for him in the January window, 

That ship has sailed. As has Dundee United guy. They will go but for a lot less than when they were on their purple patch.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

No doubt we'll get the same again this summer - these clubs pleading poverty while at the same time outspending Saints by a long, long way. It's really quite incredible that after all these years, none of these clubs have looked at what Saints do and realised they could copy our model, with bigger crowds than us, and be pretty bloody successful.

So true... clubs like Dundee United chasing the success of the cups and Europe of bygone eras to quench the thirst of their deluded fans.

At Saints we have just excepted that we pay lower wages and that means that we won’t get the success of winning national troph....oh wait!

Well, we might have won a couple of cups but we are realistic to know that we won’t qualify for Europ... oh wait!!!

How many players can we name that we know of, or even think, that have signed for other teams because they have been able to offer better terms than us, that we have gone on to really regret.

Yeah I would have liked Shankland. Yeah I would have liked Nesbitt. Once upon a time we were hours from signing Leigh Griffiths. But plenty of the run of the mill guys on absorbent wages that we may have been interested in but they ended up at United or Motherwell or Hibs or Hearts...Na, don’t regret many of them.

1 hour ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

So true... clubs like Dundee United chasing the success of the cups and Europe of bygone eras to quench the thirst of their deluded fans.

At Saints we have just excepted that we pay lower wages and that means that we won’t get the success of winning national troph....oh wait!

Well, we might have won a couple of cups but we are realistic to know that we won’t qualify for Europ... oh wait!!!

How many players can we name that we know of, or even think, that have signed for other teams because they have been able to offer better terms than us, that we have gone on to really regret.

Yeah I would have liked Shankland. Yeah I would have liked Nesbitt. Once upon a time we were hours from signing Leigh Griffiths. But plenty of the run of the mill guys on absorbent wages that we may have been interested in but they ended up at United or Motherwell or Hibs or Hearts...Na, don’t regret many of them.

Andy Robertson.

By the way imagine what Saints would have done with the profit from him & the many others that United got money for & pissed against the wall.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Andy Robertson.

By the way imagine what Saints would have done with the profit from him & the many others that United got money for & pissed against the wall.

Of course, if Saints had had some of those players we'd never have received those sorts of transfer fees for them.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Of course, if Saints had had some of those players we'd never have received those sorts of transfer fees for them.

Yeah, teams like United & Motherwell seem to get good money for sometimes average & the odd good player.

Saints suffer from the same problem for transfers & Scotland caps, everyone thinks if they play for a diddy club they can't be any good.

6 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Jonny Hayes,Niall Mcginn 

On 3/25/2021 at 1:18 PM, Cagey said:

Hibs posting a £1.4 million loss & that is only up til June. Just imagine what it will be next year. Puts our £20 grand loss into perspective.

As I said ,it is time to put our financial advantage into effect.

If you mean by splurging cash then you're wrong. We should not risk the future of the club.