Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

17 hours ago, Cagey said:

Billy McKay of County & Todorov of Caley both out of contract in summer. Worth a punt ?.

Neither better than what we have already. McKay is a classic form player, he goes on a great run, and then seems completely invisible for a huge chunk of the season.

I’d argue the opposite. The Pawlett of eight years ago is better than the Bryson of today, but I don’t think Pawlett’s decline can be underestimated. Besides playing in a different position from Bryson, I’d be surprised if he’s as good a footballer given what I’ve seen of him in recent years and what United supporters largely think of him. A half-decent Championship player IMO.

1 hour ago, Linky said:

Apparently we're also looking for a new 'keeper. Given the wage that Clark is on, I imagine it is more to challenge him than be a natural first-team pick. Someone currently on loan. Perhaps McCrorie or Liam Kelly?

We need a new keeper as Parish is not good enough & it doesn't look like Ross Sinclair isn't ready.

If we can get a keeper to be good enough to displace Zander then good but we definately need good back up & competition.

2 hours ago, Johnny B said:

Peter Pawlett has played in 23 of Utd's 33 league games It did not state how many as sub. Which indicates a main player in their squad

Making an appearance in 23 out of 33 league games doesn't necessarily suggest a main player to me. For what it's worth, he has started 14 of them.

Edited by The Real Saints

St Johnstone manager Callum Davidson insists he is fully focused on securing new contracts for his current players before entering the transfer market for new signings after being linked with a bid to sign 30-year-old Dundee United midfielder Peter Pawlett on a pre-contract agreement. (The Courier)

Did not state which current players.

3 hours ago, Johnny B said:

St Johnstone manager Callum Davidson insists he is fully focused on securing new contracts for his current players before entering the transfer market for new signings after being linked with a bid to sign 30-year-old Dundee United midfielder Peter Pawlett on a pre-contract agreement. (The Courier)

Says he wants Muzz up & running for next season so looks like he will be offering him a new contract.

3 hours ago, Johnny B said:

Bryson and Conway his main priorities. Wants to sign up O'Halloran as a striker too.

17 minutes ago, Rob said:

BBC seemed to suggest CD is keeping an eye on Hendry for next season. What strikers are on their way out?

Middleton.

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Bryson and Conway his main priorities. Wants to sign up O'Halloran as a striker too.

Really? By the end of next season, Conway will be 37. He has been a fine stop-gap in a difficult season, but his time is up. These 3 players should be in their way out.

I can't really believe that these 3 are his main priorities over, say Melamed, Kane and & Booth. Where did you get this from?

9 minutes ago, Linky said:

Really? By the end of next season, Conway will be 37. He has been a fine stop-gap in a difficult season, but his time is up. These 3 players should be in their way out.

I can't really believe that these 3 are his main priorities over, say Melamed, Kane and & Booth. Where did you get this from?

Hook line and sinker :razz: