Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

1 hour ago, south inch said:

See Callum says we are trying to keep Guy but he thinks we will be priced out.  Maybe that is why he does not give Guy much game time, we are trying to hide him from predators!

If we don't manage to keep him it will be interesting to see who outbids us.

May not be clubs in Scotland. Could be a European club, more likely English First. Here, Kilmarnock (if they stay up) especially, but realistically could be anyone except OF, Hibs, Livi. Things could change with some clubs selling (Hibs) though....

6 hours ago, rickardo said:

Not getting away from it the guy is a Saints legend and I will be for forever grateful to him , but I can’t get excited about this . Sorry . Not half the player he was and he was on his toes fast as **** when he was good , which I won’t ever understand . ? Nothing bigger than Saints . 

As long as he’s on a deal that fits his current contribution to the team, I’m fine with it. If he’s our top earner, that’s a different story. 

His wages will definitely be down.

Said it elsewhere but if we're running with a front two, I'd rather May as the "second" striker than Kane. I think he's both better on the ball, better at dragging defenders away, and also better at actually creating chances. So I'm more than happy to see May stay, key is to only play him in a two, and also to get a striker who can both score goals and play up top alone.

Strange he is announcing it before he has put pen to paper. Hope it isnt the same saga as his last signing.

Not sure we can get better but hopefully we can get a replacement for Guy that can work with him.

His wages will define whether he is worth it for a back up striker.

Edited by Cagey

We will lose Tanser & Melamed. Don't think we should sign Conway & Bryson but wouldn't throw my dummy out if we did.

Think Ballentyne will be retained & maybe Denhelm.

We need to sign a centre back even if we don't lose Kerr as I think we have been lucky to go through nearly a whole season without losing any of them to injury. I would like Ashcroft but it won't happen.

Would like us to sign Toderov & re sign Ross Callaghan.

5 minutes ago, Cagey said:

We will lose Tanser & Melamed. Don't think we should sign Conway & Bryson but wouldn't throw my dummy out if we did.

Think Ballentyne will be retained & maybe Denhelm.

We need to sign a centre back even if we don't lose Kerr as I think we have been lucky to go through nearly a whole season without losing any of them to injury. I would like Ashcroft but it won't happen.

Would like us to sign Toderov & re sign Ross Callaghan.

I hope to god the management team think totally differently from you!

Ashcroft is mince, a decent Championship player at best.

Todorov is exactly the same, he's another Denny Johnstone/Jordon White with limited ability and just isn't going to help us at all.

As for Callachan, another who's technically limited but runs about a lot. His goals this season mask the fact he's a Championship level player too, been there done that. Let's try and find actual technical footballers. There's very few Championship players worth even looking at right now, except a couple of the younger lads at Caley and Raith. 

1 hour ago, Widge said:

I hope to god the management team think totally differently from you!

Ashcroft is mince, a decent Championship player at best.

Todorov is exactly the same, he's another Denny Johnstone/Jordon White with limited ability and just isn't going to help us at all.

As for Callachan, another who's technically limited but runs about a lot. His goals this season mask the fact he's a Championship level player too, been there done that. Let's try and find actual technical footballers. There's very few Championship players worth even looking at right now, except a couple of the younger lads at Caley and Raith. 

Would be interested in which Centre back, Midfielder & Striker Saints should get on our budget & wage structure.