Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

56 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Thanks garydavidson He has only played 8 full games all season not many

Depends if you count him as a midfielder or forward. It the lowest full games of McCann (35), Craig (19), Wotherspoon (18), Davidson (12) but is higher than Conway (5), Bryson (3), Kane (3), May (7) and Melamed (1).

35 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Depends if you count him as a midfielder or forward. It the lowest full games of McCann (35), Craig (19), Wotherspoon (18), Davidson (12) but is higher than Conway (5), Bryson (3), Kane (3), May (7) and Melamed (1).

Did not realise that Kane has only played 3 full 90 minutes  and May 7  Strange how age makes you think differently.

On 4/11/2021 at 5:32 PM, THE LARK SAINT said:

Ok here goes 

Now I have no idea of contract situations but watch a lot of Championship games on Fridays and those players have stood out for me ,are the right age and I think could step up in position we need to fill

Basically a raid on Inverness and Raith Rovers with some others

1/Daniel Mackay

Winger 

ICT

2/Nikolay Todorov 

Forward

IT

3/Cameron Harper 

Winger

ICT

4/Regan Tumilty 

Right Back 

Raith Rovers 

5/Daniel Armstrong 

Winger

Raith Rovers 

6/Regan Hendry

Midfield

Raith Rovers 

6/Lewis Vaughan

Forward

Raith Rovers 

7/Kai Kennedy 

Left Wing

Raith Rovers on loan from Rangers 

8 LukeMcGowan 

Midfielder 

42 games 10 goals 

Ayr Utd

9 /Conor Shields 

Forward 

Queen Of The South 

Throw in as cover and challenge first team keeper

Owan Fon Williams 

Goal 

ICT

One from my list signing ,well hopefully!

According to post on P&B we are in the process of signing Regan Hendry!Fingers crossed...only 9 to go !!!

6 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

One from my list signing ,well hopefully!

According to post on P&B we are in the process of signing Regan Hendry!Fingers crossed...only 9 to go !!!

I know nothing of Hendry, but on the assumption that he's decent, and the rumour has any legitimacy, then good. I wonder if this season's achievements, so far, has triggered SB to push forward/ up the piggy bank on the basis that we've hit performance milestones? That said, we'll have to strike early to avoid those still in relegation scenarios having a crack at targets ....

On 4/26/2021 at 1:00 PM, Widge said:

I hope to god the management team think totally differently from you!

Ashcroft is mince, a decent Championship player at best.

Todorov is exactly the same, he's another Denny Johnstone/Jordon White with limited ability and just isn't going to help us at all.

As for Callachan, another who's technically limited but runs about a lot. His goals this season mask the fact he's a Championship level player too, been there done that. Let's try and find actual technical footballers. There's very few Championship players worth even looking at right now, except a couple of the younger lads at Caley and Raith. 

Callaghan ,a 10 goal midfielder for team at the bottom of the league. I would have him back in a heartbeat.

20 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Callaghan ,a 10 goal midfielder for team at the bottom of the league. I would have him back in a heartbeat.

He wouldn't fit in our team, at all.

He's a limited player in a team built to help limited players, just leave him there and look for better.

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

He wouldn't fit in our team, at all.

He's a limited player in a team built to help limited players, just leave him there and look for better.

All about opinions. I was unhappy when we released him as I saw a player in him & he was just young.

He was Dundee's top player until his season ended by injury.

He will be Hamiltons player of the year.

I think he would be an ideal replacement for Davidson.

13 minutes ago, Cagey said:

All about opinions. I was unhappy when we released him as I saw a player in him & he was just young.

He was 26 when we released him, hardy young? Then again I wouldn’t expect you to know a point you’re trying to argue. As RandomGuy has said he’s a limited player with very little technique about him and simply doesn’t fit in our midfield. In the same way Davidson is going to be phased out, he doesn’t fit the mould any more either. 

43 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Him and Davidson are completely different players.

33 minutes ago, Widge said:

He was 26 when we released him, hardy young? Then again I wouldn’t expect you to know a point you’re trying to argue. As RandomGuy has said he’s a limited player with very little technique about him and simply doesn’t fit in our midfield. In the same way Davidson is going to be phased out, he doesn’t fit the mould any more either. 

Guy doing not too bad aging only 1 year in every 3 as he is 27 now.

What point do I not know that I am arguing ?.

Credit to Brian Rice for finding a role, either by design or fortune, that suits Ross Callachan. His one strength at Saints (other than apparently running around a lot) was making runs forward. 

Rice has taken him out of the real engine room, where his lack of technical ability and inability to tackle without ending up on his backside were big issues, and played him in an area where his primary focus is making those sort of runs and he's repaid him with goals. 

On 5/2/2021 at 7:18 PM, Cagey said:

All the talk about losing Kerr & McCart is a worry but I would be equally concerned if we couldn't keep Gordon who sits in & controls the back 3 & is the last line of defence.

That's because he's been assigned that role. McCart & Kerr are more comfortable pushing up than Gordon, but both could equally perform the sitting role.

8 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

Listened to Dogger Saint podcast where they had a signing exclusive.................

Elliot Parish signed 1 year contract.

Apparently signed a couple of weeks ago. Strange it hasn't been announced.