Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

9 hours ago, Cagey said:

After the last few games I am not sure if I am bothered if Melemed signed. Certainly wouldn't break the wage structure to do it.

I like Melamed a lot but I think you can see why Callum has been reluctant to play him in these bigger games. Our biggest successes this season have all come from everyone in the team playing with high energy and high work rate, and that's just not his game. I think he has a lot to offer as an out-and-out striker and I always think he has that potential to produce a moment of magic out of nothing. But he does sometimes go missing for long spells of games and we couldn't afford that luxury yesterday. You could see the difference when Middleton replaced him because Middleton takes games by the scruff of the neck and makes things happen for the whole team around him.

When saints win the cup we are guaranteed 8 games in Europe.

That is a game changer in all sorts of ways including the ability to attract top flight fringe strikers .

Conversation with Arsenal or Chelsea or any other major player about a loan deal on an emerging talent would become realistic with 8 European games in the bag.

Should also help us attract other attacking options.

The cup final is massive and we could already have European football in the bag before we even kick off.

Exciting times, we are living the dream.

3 hours ago, Johnny B said:

Lost track of who in the squad has yet to resign for season 21-22, Tanser MOH and Conway who else???

Tanser, Gilmour, Davidson, Conway, MOH, Kane, Melamed, from memory, are those who haven't extended their deals yet.

Obviously Brown and Middleton only on loan also due to leave.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Tanser, Gilmour, Davidson, Conway, MOH, Kane, Melamed, from memory, are those who haven't extended their deals yet.

From that list, I only think we need to keep Kane. Davidson has been a sensational servant, but does he fit with our style/formation now? Both of our sitting midfielders during the successful period have been good passers. Not really Davidsons strongest skill. 

However, that all depends on what peoples wage demands are...and if there are any potential targets for replacements. 

Certainly need to try and get Middleton for another season at least. That may depend on who Rangers* sell in the summer.

Tanser is on his way is he not? Would expect Gilmour to be given a short term deal, CD had said he would try to give him game time, but that is going to be difficult since there is something on all our games to the end of the season.

Davidson will be offered something...not sure about Conway, read at the w/end that he hadn't begun discussions yet.

Brown reminds me of Clive Smith a few years back...was in effect on trial through a period...wouldn't entirely surprise me if he was signed as a cheap back up to Rooney.

There will be deals for the others, but its down to how much they are worth...Kane certainly has an arguement for having a wage of a first team starter nowadays...not sure he would of been in that bracket before. MOH almost the opposite.

Melamed....yesterday showed both sides of him. Willing to take on the quick shot around the box a few times early on and on another day one of them goes through the ruck of players. Also had the shot over the bar he should have done better with....then largely disappeared and became a little bit of a passenger.

I suppose a bit of this will come down to how much of a difference the top five (hopefully) and at least a runners up spot makes in prize money. Winning the cup is a 'game changer' to some extent...but does the top 5 and runner up money just makes up for some of the shortfall of money coming through the door this season.

41 minutes ago, skivealive said:

Certainly need to try and get Middleton for another season at least. That may depend on who Rangers* sell in the summer.

Do not disagree 

"On-loan Rangers winger Glenn Middleton, who set up St Johnstone's opening goal and scored their second as a substitute in Sunday's Scottish Cup semi-final win over St Mirren, hopes his experience in Perth helps him next season at Ibrox, where the 21-year-old has two years remaining of his contract. (The Herald)"

Sounds like he does not want to go out on loan next season but stay and fight for a place. 

We could get a repeat of this year, first half of the season, he tries and fails then loaned out in January.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

And Parish too I think? I know there have been some rumours that he extended, but I don't think I've seen anything confirmed yet.

Personally I'd be more than happy to see all of them re-sign. Then it's just a case of strengthening the existing squad with a couple of extra signings.

For some reason I have a feeling we might even end up holding onto Tanser.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

And Parish too I think? I know there have been some rumours that he extended, but I don't think I've seen anything confirmed yet.

Personally I'd be more than happy to see all of them re-sign. Then it's just a case of strengthening the existing squad with a couple of extra signings.

For some reason I have a feeling we might even end up holding onto Tanser.

Parish is a definite 1 year extension 

From the horses mouth on Dogger Saints podcast 

6 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Allan Campbell leaving Motherwell good young midfielder worth a shout

Is this a genuinely serious suggestion?

He's so far and away out of our price range it's not even open for debate! He'll head straight into the Championship to a far better team than anyone out with the OF in Scotland on £10k+/week and a pretty hefty development fee (£400k) goes straight to Motherwell. 

3 hours ago, Widge said:

Is this a genuinely serious suggestion?

He's so far and away out of our price range it's not even open for debate! He'll head straight into the Championship to a far better team than anyone out with the OF in Scotland on £10k+/week and a pretty hefty development fee (£400k) goes straight to Motherwell. 

Average player. Wouldn't be over the moon if we DID sign him.

38 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Joined..?Original member when it was just 7.

However the car park chat was a joke !

Appreciate it’s a joke however it’s not far off the mark, been needing resurfaced for years. Saintees pink ladies have seen more concrete surface work than the car park!