Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

10 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Guy is leaving.

He wants to stay, Callum wants to keep him, but the money just isn’t there to offer him acceptable(in his eyes) terms.

To be fair looking at how Callum likes to set up he is a bit part player at best so never going to get the big wage. I can’t really see him being a 90 minute striker anywhere to be honest a good finisher yes but needs a particular team set up to work 

2 hours ago, Broggy Man said:

To be fair looking at how Callum likes to set up he is a bit part player at best so never going to get the big wage. I can’t really see him being a 90 minute striker anywhere to be honest a good finisher yes but needs a particular team set up to work 

Have to agree. I really like Melamed and he's given us some great moments in his short time at the club, but Callum's biggest successes have all come from high energy, fitness and pressing - that's just not Melamed's game. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Melamed go somewhere else and score a bucket-load of goals, and I'll be delighted for him if he does. I just hope he doesn't do it for one of our rivals.

21 hours ago, garydavidson said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57268896

Rival clubs will have to break St Johnstone's transfer record to prise midfielder Ali McCann from the double cup winners, chairman Steve Brown says.

Brown also insists that Callum Davidson, the current manager for whom Blackburn Rovers paid a record £1.75m in 1998, is "happy" at McDiarmid Park.

Saints' chairman admits there has already been interest in the players who won the Scottish and League cups.

"If Ali is going to go, it will be north of that figure," Brown says.

"There's been interest - Ali in particular, a Northern Ireland international. If the right offer comes along and a player wants to leave, which is another thing you have to take into consideration, then we will sell, but it will be at a price we are happy with."

Excellent from Steve, Hootsmon suggesting interest in Ali is from Celtic.  This might point to him being a Celtic fan, he certainly gets abuse on the Rangers* fan forums.

We all know how the OF work, in will come a derisory offer followed by another offer with an extra bag of sweeties added or some dud they are trying to get rid off.  Meantime they hope to unsettle the target.

Steve is doing the right thing warning them off before they even start their nonsense.

12 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Anyone have an up-to-date list of our squad with all their contract lengths? Used to be one posted on here from time to time but haven't seen an update in a while.

As far as I know, this is the situation...

Goalkeepers

1. Zander Clark (28) - May 2022

12. Elliot Parish (31) - May 2022

45. Ross Sinclair (21) - May 2024

48. Jack Wills (18) - May 2022

Defenders

4. Jamie McCart (23) - May 2022

5. Jason Kerr (24) - May 2022

6. Liam Gordon (25) - May 2022

19 - Shaun Rooney (24) - May 2022

24 - Callum Booth (29) - May 2022

: - Sam Denham (18) - May 2022

Midfielders

8. Murray Davidson (33) - May 2022

10. David Wotherspoon (31) - May 2023

13. Craig Bryson (34) - May 2022

15 - Charlie Gimour (22) - May 2023

18 - Ali McCann (21) - May 2023

26. Liam Craig (34) - May 2022

46. Alex Ferguson (17) - May 2023

Strikers

9. Chris Kane (26) - May 2023

14. Stevie May (28) - May 2023

22. Callum Hendry (23) - May 2023

Out of contract

Scott Tanser (26), Aaron Steele (18), Cammy Ballantyne (21), Craig Conway (36), Michael O'Halloran (30), Olly Hamilton (19), John Robertson (19), Jordan Northcott (19), Guy Melamed (28)

Edited by RandomGuy

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

As far as I know, this is the situation...

Goalkeepers

1. Zander Clark (28) - May 2022

12. Elliot Parish (31) - May 2022

45. Ross Sinclair (21) - May 2024

48. Jack Wills (18) - May 2022

Defenders

4. Jamie McCart (23) - May 2022

5. Jason Kerr (24) - May 2022

6. Liam Gordon (25) - May 2022

19 - Shaun Rooney (24) - May 2022

24 - Callum Booth (29) - May 2022

: - Sam Denham (18) - May 2022

Midfielders

8. Murray Davidson (33) - May 2022

10. David Wotherspoon (31) - May 2023

13. Craig Bryson (34) - May 2022

15 - Charlie Gimour (22) - May 2023

18 - Ali McCann (21) - May 2023

26. Liam Craig (34) - May 2022

46. Alex Ferguson (17) - May 2023

Strikers

9. Chris Kane (26) - May 2023

14. Stevie May (28) - May 2023

22. Callum Hendry (23) - May 2023

Out of contract

Scott Tanser (26), Aaron Steele (18), Cammy Ballantyne (21), Craig Conway (36), Michael O'Halloran (30), Olly Hamilton (19), John Robertson (19), Jordan Northcott (19), Guy Melamed (28)

I must say I am really surprised that ALL of our defenders contracts run out in May 2022.

They will be open to being poached in the Dec/Jan transfer window.

Saints need to urgently secure their assets by extending their contracts.

Of the out of contract players and looking to the future , ( from who I've seen ), albeit from about 2 years ago , Ballantyne , Hamilton and Northcott possibly could get their contracts renewed. 

Not seen Steele , Robertson looked like he could make the grade , thereagain haven't seen for a while.

Think their was a bit of a fallout about his attitude,  which hopefully has changed .

The rest is anyone's guess.

Can't have any complaints about the input from Conway. Involved in some very important goals and wish him luck with whatever happens next. 

I'd give MOH another year to see if he can build on the bit of form he was finding towards the end of the season. 

Booth is our first choice IMO and Tanser should be offered a deal accordingly if Callum sees fit. But I am not a fan.

2 hours ago, rik2304 said:

Can't have any complaints about the input from Conway. Involved in some very important goals and wish him luck with whatever happens next. 

I'd give MOH another year to see if he can build on the bit of form he was finding towards the end of the season. 

Booth is our first choice IMO and Tanser should be offered a deal accordingly if Callum sees fit. But I am not a fan.

Can see Conway at a 1st Div club. Good luck to him. Tanser would solve the problem we have with cover, as Brown. Not a massive fan of either, but on the basis we know what they offer, they're relatively risk free. I'd imagine Saints have offered them a fairly low-ish wage, 1yr deals. Tanser's injury puts any move away very much in the balance. 

5 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Can see Conway at a 1st Div club. Good luck to him. Tanser would solve the problem we have with cover, as Brown. Not a massive fan of either, but on the basis we know what they offer, they're relatively risk free. I'd imagine Saints have offered them a fairly low-ish wage, 1yr deals. Tanser's injury puts any move away very much in the balance. 

Tanser was supposedly back in training the week of the final and made the bench, so I’m guessing his injury is all but done 

8 hours ago, rik2304 said:

I'd give MOH another year

That may be a problem. He will be looking for at least a 2 year contract. Which I am sure he will get elsewhere in this league. 

If he is close it will down to salary (possibly less money) and as I said 2 or 3 year contract will not be 1 year.

9 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

I think Conway is heading south 

Still has family in England 

Great to see Ali scoring tonight for N Ireland. Just adds to the price tag should he see his future elsewhere next season. I hope he stays but I’m realistic enough to realise that should the “right” offer come along he may well be away. Just hope Saints are strong enough to tell either of the ugly sisters where to go if they make their usual petty offer

32 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

I read recently that MOH and Tansers contracts expire today. If they do not sign by midnight they will no longer be St Johnstone players sad to see them go

I'm really 50/50 with these 2.

Both fit the system we play and I'd be happy to see them both back next year but part of me thinks we need to keep it fresh and get 2/3 in and out every summer just to get new faces in.

On 5/29/2021 at 12:42 PM, Cagey said:

Conway played his part in our great season. Not surprised he was allowed to leave as his lack of pace was negating his effectiveness.

Hope he gets a decent guy down south.

I think he's retiring. If that's true, he's had a great career and capped it off with a few medals in his last season. Well done Craig, and thankyou. B)