Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

1 hour ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

I was speaking to Alastair Stevenson last Monday and he was saying all age groups have lost 18 months development 

Went on to say that a lot of the age groups coming through at time of lock down would be lost to the game forever as they will have taken up other things 

Also said that impact on some of current ones coming to the point where they should be progressing into first team wouldn't make wouldn't make it due to lack of games and  would have to be let go to bring next batch on

John Robertson was an example he made  along with  Northcott 

Yes, this will be the situation at most clubs I would think.

A few players getting signed up that I thought might hav done a job for Saints. Henry,Turner,Ewan Murray. Hope Callum has a list & making them aware they are on his radar or all will be snapped up before we even make contact.

We need a striker good in the air. A left wingback,right wingback & centre back , minimum.

All very well signing up what we already have but IMHO we need the above.

Left wing back and Striker gone I would expect these positions to be filled and as stated above a centre back and right wing back. Conway and Middleton also need to be replace if we are going 3.4.2.1 and 3.4.1.2 I am sure CD will have 2 loans lined  to fill a couple of these positions.

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

A few players getting signed up that I thought might hav done a job for Saints. Henry,Turner,Ewan Murray. Hope Callum has a list & making them aware they are on his radar or all will be snapped up before we even make contact.

We need a striker good in the air. A left wingback,right wingback & centre back , minimum.

As you say these are players you thought might do a job for Saints, but Callum & his coaches might well think otherwise.

2 hours ago, dave mc said:

Jason Naismith freed by County, can play rwb or cb, similar to Roooooney 

Apparently freed via Zoom, and not by Malky. Possibly a high earner along with the others who have been ‘Zoomed’. I see a certain Richard Brittain is also on his bike, or should that be minibus????

Edited by Saintdunc

7 hours ago, Cagey said:

Possibly a sign that CD is looking south of the border as not particularly impressed with what is available/ within reach in Scotland. 

6 hours ago, Saintdunc said:

I was impressed with a defensive midfielder (!) who scored both goals, one a cracker, for Blackpool in the Play off Final, called Kenny Dougall. He has Australian/Thai/Scots heritage. Might be tempted north for European football.

Is he out of contract or do we have to buy him?

17 hours ago, Saintdunc said:

Apparently freed via Zoom, and not by Malky. Possibly a high earner along with the others who have been ‘Zoomed’. I see a certain Richard Brittain is also on his bike, or should that be minibus????

I'm trying to figure out, is the implication here that there's something wrong with being told by Zoom?

18 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I'm trying to figure out, is the implication here that there's something wrong with being told by Zoom?

Considering it also happened to the clubs record appearance holder, and most decorated player, then yeah it probably is tbf.

It's the equivalent of us getting Scott Boyd to text David Wotherspoon and tell him he's not getting a new contract.

Edited by RandomGuy

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Considering it also happened to the clubs record appearance holder, and most decorated player, then yeah it probably is tbf.

It's the equivalent of us getting Scott Boyd to text David Wotherspoon and tell him he's not getting a new contract.

I'd say a Zoom call to let a player know their future is fair enough, given the Covid situation. It's probably being used for similar discussions all over the country at the moment. It's not as if face to face meetings are easy. Very different to a text message in my opinion.

57 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I'd say a Zoom call to let a player know their future is fair enough, given the Covid situation. It's probably being used for similar discussions all over the country at the moment. It's not as if face to face meetings are easy. Very different to a text message in my opinion.

The way I read it in the P&J Draper was more annoyed that there was a delay in telling the players what was happening. He mentioned somethign like 10 days where no-one from the club gave the players any idea of whether there would be a contract or not and by that time the players were back down south.

52 minutes ago, MrBored said:

The way I read it in the P&J Draper was more annoyed that there was a delay in telling the players what was happening. He mentioned somethign like 10 days where no-one from the club gave the players any idea of whether there would be a contract or not and by that time the players were back down south.

Yeah seems it was the wait along with no indication of who decided the players weren't getting contracts and also the reasons for them not being given contracts. Also read an interview with one player who said they were going to be at the ground on the day of the call and would have preferred the face to face discussion.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/ross-county/3189913/jason-naismith-reveals-he-does-not-know-who-took-decision-to-release-him-from-ross-county/

Im just guessing but I imagine like last year we will be signing very few players with a few young players coming in on Loan from English teams. Saints success and teams seeing how well McNamara, Middleton did etc. should mean we get some good young players being sent to Saints.

I have to say, if there was one player I'd want most at Saints, it would be Middleton. Unfortunately that will never happen at the moment, not only because of the fee, but he probably wouldn't want to come. He's 2 players in one- can play wing & upfront. Far superior to MOH. And at his age, a very mature lad. If Ugly came in for McCann & offered him up, I'd certainly bite. However, he will try to follow his Ugly dream (fair enough), waste 2 years & sign for Aberdeen. What a waste.

On McCann, another good performance Vs Ukraine. Keep going! One of his teammates, Paul Smyth out of contract with QPR. A striker, 5.7", 23, not really done much apart from being voted their young player of the year in 2019 (I think). Then... Oblivion. Probably worth a trial.

8 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

I have to say, if there was one player I'd want most at Saints, it would be Middleton. Unfortunately that will never happen at the moment, not only because of the fee, but he probably wouldn't want to come. He's 2 players in one- can play wing & upfront. Far superior to MOH. And at his age, a very mature lad. If Ugly came in for McCann & offered him up, I'd certainly bite. However, he will try to follow his Ugly dream (fair enough), waste 2 years & sign for Aberdeen. What a waste.

On McCann, another good performance Vs Ukraine. Keep going! One of his teammates, Paul Smyth out of contract with QPR. A striker, 5.7", 23, not really done much apart from being voted their young player of the year in 2019 (I think). Then... Oblivion. Probably worth a trial.

Ferguson whom I think was mentioned on here put in a decent shift as well. Saints shouldn't be pussing  a out with Tanser & Mikey. Give thair agents til next Monday to sign or not then move on.

Glenn Middleton, the 21-year-old Scotland Under-21 winger, has returned to Rangers after ending his loan with St Johnstone by helping the Perth side lift the Scottish Cup and urged manager Steven Gerrard to "trust me" as part of his first-team squad next season. (The Scotsman)

Looks like he wants to stay at Rangers and fight for a place. Think it will be the January window before he becomes available if at all. Can now see CD pushing MOH to stay. He will struggle find 3 to replace Conway Middleton and MOH.