Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

42 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Glenn Middleton, the 21-year-old Scotland Under-21 winger, has returned to Rangers after ending his loan with St Johnstone by helping the Perth side lift the Scottish Cup and urged manager Steven Gerrard to "trust me" as part of his first-team squad next season. (The Scotsman)

Looks like he wants to stay at Rangers and fight for a place. Think it will be the January window before he becomes available if at all. Can now see CD pushing MOH to stay. He will struggle find 3 to replace Conway Middleton and MOH.

Fair enough on Middleton's part. I'd expect an ambitious player to have faith in his ability to push for a place in the team there. I think you're right that our best chance of getting him back would be another loan in January. Shame, as I felt he made a massive contribution to our success and would be delighted to get him back.

If it's true that Kiltie is coming here then I guess he'd be the replacement for one of those wingers.

7 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

If it's true that Kiltie is coming here then I guess he'd be the replacement for one of those wingers.

Kiltie and Maguire in, Conway/Middleton out.

Sign a striker who can actually score/Hendry rediscovers himself.

Bing, bang, bosh, we're league champions and looking forward to a Champions League campaign.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Bing, bang, bosh, we're league champions and looking forward to a Champions League campaign.

All that sense and not a spread sheet in sight.

Heres hoping your right.

Think saints had offered Kiltie a deal and so had Killie, the fact he’s been released suggests he’s signed on somewhere else, so good possibility it’s with us. Know there was interest down south in him from League 1 though, so maybe he’s away down there. 

Also count me in the no to Lafferty group, he’d score more goals than our current forwards, but he’s not worth it for the money and attitude issues. 

The Mikey of the first half of the season wouldn't have been resigned but he has shown up well in the later part of the season.I think he could give us cover both wingback positions as well as wing or striker. Don't think he would be any good in goal though.

Good to see him signed. I would imagine the length of contact was the hold up.

2 minutes ago, dave mc said:

Mikey turned down better terms to stay here, great loyalty :wub:

He knows where the grass is greener!

Seriously though, he's not been the same player as before he went to the 2012, but clearly CD has faith in him, and I think he will be an increasingly important part of our squad.

Happy that Mikey staying with us, always liked his style and think Callum s getting him back to his old self, not that he had to much in the way of game time season just passed but hopefully that'll spur him on to fight for a full time place depending on who else stays or goes etc... Would like to see him clutching a couple more trophies for us next season :wink:Also happy that finally got this new fekin phone to allow me to post again bloody passwords, someone already using that name etc etc blah blah blah change password, I have plz just work. Is it?

46 minutes ago, tucker said:

Did guy play any minutes in any of the cup finals

Apparently not. I knew he was left on the bench in the LC, commented at the time, but had in my head that he was involved in the SC final, seems not. Haven't looked it up properly, but pretty sure he was influential in the semis?

Frustrating as Mikey can be at times, he can be a game changer and actually made a major contribution to our cup wins. Bet Fred v Motherwell and at Ibrox in Scottish Cup plus final too. When his confidence is up he is one of the most exciting players in Scotland but I accept can also be crap  still triple Cup final medal winner one of only 3 in Saints history. 

This just sums up SKY's coverage of Scotland's top teams:

20:53

O'HALLORAN COMMITS TO ST MIRREN

Michael O’Halloran has knocked back a move to St Mirren by opting to sign a new two-year deal with St Johnstone.

Paisley boss Jim Goodwin admitted last month he was keen on the former Rangers winger. O’Halloran had a decision to make after coming to the end of his contract.

But the 30-year-old has now decided to stay put in Perth with Callum Davidson’s team after last season’s dream Scottish Cup and League Cup double triumph.

Delighted MOH has signed for another 2 years.

Last season must have been very frustrating for him but some self inflicted. his suspensions and the injury inflicted by Brown against Celtic hindered his run in the team. I believe he won a number of our man of the match awards: right wing back,  number 10 behind the front 2 and on the right of a front 3. His problem was his time out of the team due to his suspensions  and injury as Rooney and Wotherspoon were outstanding in wing back and number 10 role so he was never going to get back to play there. That left wide of a front 3 and realistically MOH, Middleton and Conway were competing for the 1 place and CD rotated them keeping all 3 match fit

He is a confidence player and with a run in the team he get back to his best.

9 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

This just sums up SKY's coverage of Scotland's top teams:

20:53

O'HALLORAN COMMITS TO ST MIRREN

Michael O’Halloran has knocked back a move to St Mirren by opting to sign a new two-year deal with St Johnstone.

Paisley boss Jim Goodwin admitted last month he was keen on the former Rangers winger. O’Halloran had a decision to make after coming to the end of his contract.

But the 30-year-old has now decided to stay put in Perth with Callum Davidson’s team after last season’s dream Scottish Cup and League Cup double triumph.

Anyone who has played a trial for rangers is described as a former rangers player just like Gordon Ramsey.

22 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Now MOH is tied down, CD has a clear picture of who to bring in. Prepared for countless trialists....