Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

13 minutes ago, Linky said:

I may be being overly negative, but I have a bad feeling about this transfer window. I wonder whether Davidson has been told that he can’t sign anyone new until they know what’s happening with McCann & Kerr. If there is a bidding war, then that could take some time to conclude.

Really hope we’re not scrabbling around for players in the last few days.

A lot of English players are still contracted until July 1st.

I wouldn't massively overthink it yet if that's our main market.

18 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Was up at McD for a work function (Australia trade deal) today, and there were quite a few flash cars- not related to the event I was attending. I know the U17's are playing as we speak, but the registrations are English... Something's up.

It appears Wigan (and Oxford Utd) are in for Kerr. Wigan have cash to spend. They've sent up 2 directors to McD.

2 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Gordon is massively underrated. But he's 26. Kerr & McCart are 2 years younger. Do the math.

Kerr and McCart are 24 (both born in 1997) and Gordon is 25 (born in January 1996). Age-wise there's not much between the three of them.

If Kerr moves on I think Gordon has the potential to become our captain for years to come.

£1m would be no where near enough for McCann, at least double that before even taking calls. Not just key for this deal, but also future deals. At least £2.5m plus 20% sell on or £3m plus 10%.

Kerr is much more difficult as only a year left on deal. Should be more, but if 7 figures I think saints would need to accept. Get him to sign even a 1 year extension and that doubles.

Unless Kerr has a terrible start to the season, he should be in next Scotland squad, still at Saints or not. 

4 minutes ago, TheYellowBox said:

£1m would be no where near enough for McCann, at least double that before even taking calls. Not just key for this deal, but also future deals. At least £2.5m plus 20% sell on or £3m plus 10%.

Kerr is much more difficult as only a year left on deal. Should be more, but if 7 figures I think saints would need to accept. Get him to sign even a 1 year extension and that doubles.

Unless Kerr has a terrible start to the season, he should be in next Scotland squad, still at Saints or not. 

You're on the money there. McCann will not go for under £2.25m. plus clauses. CD has a problem here. 

11 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

2 years difference is a lot.

There's two years between age 24 and age 25?

14 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Personal appearance goes much further than Zoom (!!!!). Deals aren't done via zoom.

During a pandemic they should be.

2 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Yes. There's an age gap. That's the point. Whether it's a year, 18 months, whatever, it comes into play. Gordon is not on the radar, Kerr is. And rightly. He's class AND YOUNGER

No, the point is that you said there was a two-year age gap between Kerr and Gordon, got corrected by someone who accurately stated that there's only a one-year age gap between them, before you responded by saying '2 years difference is a lot'. I'm not arguing about their respective qualities.

2 hours ago, Linky said:

I may be being overly negative, but I have a bad feeling about this transfer window. I wonder whether Davidson has been told that he can’t sign anyone new until they know what’s happening with McCann & Kerr. If there is a bidding war, then that could take some time to conclude.

Really hope we’re not scrabbling around for players in the last few days.

I think that's the good things about having most of the squad pretty much signed for next season. I think our transfer window will be a few specific place fillers, a few loans and then replacements for the ones we may/may not sell. 

Decent place to be in to be honest....lots of teams still looking to fill 8/10 places.   

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

No, the point is that you said there was a two-year age gap between Kerr and Gordon, got corrected by someone who accurately stated that there's only a one-year age gap between them, before you responded by saying '2 years difference is a lot'. I'm not arguing about their respective qualities.

2 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Then shut the c&not up.