Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

35 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Young Max off to Brechin for a season long loan. That should be an eye opener for him. Hopefully make a man of him.

We still need players in for Europe. 

Yep and he’s decided to play goalkeeper according to Sky! Quality journalism as per….

15 hours ago, Cagey said:

Young Max off to Brechin for a season long loan. That should be an eye opener for him. Hopefully make a man of him.

It would be great to hear a bit more about this guy. How long has he been in Scotland? Did he come through another club's youth system? Was he at a club in Ukraine? His signing all seemed a bit mysterious - as far as I can tell we haven't even been properly told what position he plays in.

23 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

It would be great to hear a bit more about this guy. How long has he been in Scotland? Did he come through another club's youth system? Was he at a club in Ukraine? His signing all seemed a bit mysterious - as far as I can tell we haven't even been properly told what position he plays in.

I found this when we signed him - http://kucheryavyi.tilda.ws

Edited by Pat McGroin

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

He was apparently at Hearts for a while, and then Edinburgh City.

Replaced O'Halloran during the week so presumably he's a forward/wide man.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

He was never at Edinburgh City as far as I am aware. We are his first club. He came across from a team in Kiev, had trials at a couple of Scottish clubs, we moved quickest to offer him something.

31 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

If he is off to Brechin it would look like we need at least 1 more wide man. Wonder if Middleton is still in the pipeline.

Has Melamed signed for anyone yet ?.

I imagine he had a trial for Hearts and didn't get a deal.

As long as no one leaves, I think we are still in the market for a wide player who can also play striker. I imagine these James Scott rumours aren't too wide of the mark. Another loan though? I would be worried if we get to the end of the transfer window and we've only signed youth players, and loanees.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

If he is off to Brechin it would look like we need at least 1 more wide man. Wonder if Middleton is still in the pipeline.

Has Melamed signed for anyone yet ?.

Melamed being rumoured with Hibs, surprise surprise. 

I think we all know how that will go… 

1 hour ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

He was never at Edinburgh City as far as I am aware. We are his first club. He came across from a team in Kiev, had trials at a couple of Scottish clubs, we moved quickest to offer him something.

You have to say fair play to the kid. It’s no small move to relocate yourself from Ukraine over here at that age. 

22 minutes ago, dunkeldneil said:

Harry cochrane is available for a free 

Don’t believe the hype. Prime example of a young guy coming through at the likes of Hearts/Dundee United/Hibs/Aberdeen that the fans and local press over-hype, then the national press jump on over-hype, then he disappears to play for Falkirk/Raith/Dunfermline/Partick Thistle.

2 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Don’t believe the hype. Prime example of a young guy coming through at the likes of Hearts/Dundee United/Hibs/Aberdeen that the fans and local press over-hype, then the national press jump on over-hype, then he disappears to play for Falkirk/Raith/Dunfermline/Partick Thistle.

Agree 100% with this. Loads of players that were hyped up and only very few turn out to be anywhere close. Hearts in particular are bad for it. Hickey is the only I can think of that has ability to match the hype.

On Cochane in particular, he could be the prime example of a manager ruining a players potential. Looked OK when he burst through, but Levein ruined him. Over played, under coached and maybe let the hype go to his head?

Actually exactly the type of player a Tommy Wright could do wonders with, so could see Killie as an option for him. 

6 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Fair dues, just remember seeing him listed on their website when googeling him a few weeks back.

24 minutes ago, chips said:

The Herald throwing it about we're interested in  22yo St Mirren winger Kyle McAllister, who is on his final year of his contract 

Would imagine if he has a year left on contract,he would cost. Can't see Saints paying s fee as it is not an emergency.