Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

9 hours ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

What? They're letting an injury ravaged sub leave when he still has a year left on his contract, I know which side I think is the loser in this situation. 

St.Mirren may have to clear up the squad to balance the budget- they've recruited a bit. Doesn't mean he's necessarily gash. Some decent players fall out of favour with clubs, for whatever reason. He's hopefully got a point to prove (Saints like that). The fact that he's injury prone would presumably make him even more appealing to Saints (!). If the rumour is true....

Edited by Melbourne Saint

4 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

St.Mirren may have to clear up the squad to balance the budget- they've recruited a bit. Doesn't mean he's necessarily gash. Some decent players fall out of favour with clubs, for whatever reason. He's hopefully got a point to prove (Saints like that). The fact that he's injury prone would presumably make him even more appealing to Saints (!). If the rumour is true....

He's been carrying an injury for the best part of 3 years  which hasn't been fixed and is leading to the other issues he's had. St Mirren are quite rightly cutting their losses.

5 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

He's been carrying an injury for the best part of 3 years  which hasn't been fixed and is leading to the other issues he's had. St Mirren are quite rightly cutting their losses.

Seen mention Derby were aware his injury was effectively top level career ending and that's why they punted him to St Mirren.

I can see why the club are looking into it, but would expect us to be able to get better, and fully expect he's just one of a number of players being looked at.

24 minutes ago, saintee in exile said:

Middleton on the bench for Rangers today.Lets hope he doesn't`t get on and play a blinder but kinda starting to think than ship has maybe sailed?

Watching it just now and noticed him warming up behind the goal. Currently 1-0 to Sevco. Arsenal don’t look much better than they did v Hibs during the week.

Middleton will either spend the season at saints on the bench or rangers

Impact player most of the time 

Mickey shows half that form he did against Preston and kicks on  he'll be starting with spoony with a striker good player though if one of the others gets out for a while

As it stands, delighted to have kept hold of our prized assets so far.

I’m still concerned about the lack of goals in our attack. May, Kane, MOH will contribute about ten goals between them. Spoony will get a few.

Hendry could score a few but I don’t know where his heads at or if Callum rates him. 

We need another striker. 

5 minutes ago, Brian Potter said:

I’m still concerned about the lack of goals in our attack. May, Kane, MOH will contribute about ten goals between them. Spoony will get a few.

Hendry could score a few but I don’t know where his heads at or if Callum rates him. 

We need another striker. 

Andy Carroll available!!!

10 minutes ago, Brian Potter said:

We need another striker. 

Exactly right.

If we're not going to get Middleton back, it's going to be tricky finding a similar player who can add pace going forward, can hit a free kick and gives us a big impact option when coming off the bench. I'd love to be able to bring him in ahead of the European games as I think he could make a big difference, but at the moment that seems to be looking unlikely.

Looking at how our squad's shaping up so far I'd say we look stronger at the back with Muller and Devine now here, but at the other end we've lost Middleton, Conway and Melamed who all proved to be important with scoring or providing goals at various points of last season. From looking at that, and also watching the Preston game, my main worry for next season would be that we're still going to find it a struggle to score goals without some good attacking additions.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

If we're not going to get Middleton back, it's going to be tricky finding a similar player who can add pace going forward, can hit a free kick and gives us a big impact option when coming off the bench. I'd love to be able to bring him in ahead of the European games as I think he could make a big difference, but at the moment that seems to be looking unlikely.

Looking at how our squad's shaping up so far I'd say we look stronger at the back with Muller and Devine now here, but at the other end we've lost Middleton, Conway and Melamed who all proved to be important with scoring or providing goals at various points of last season. From looking at that, and also watching the Preston game, my main worry for next season would be that we're still going to find it a struggle to score goals without some good attacking additions.

Think Mr Griffiths from Celtic could be a free shortly 

On 7/16/2021 at 12:30 PM, Pat McGroin said:

Melamed being rumoured with Hibs, surprise surprise. 

I think we all know how that will go… 

Melamed turns down lucrative deals in Israel to take up a trial with Grimsby.

His agent played a blinder there getting him a gig in England.

9 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Melamed turns down lucrative deals in Israel to take up a trial with Grimsby.

His agent played a blinder there getting him a gig in England.

Some absolutely bizarre decision-making from Melamed. Wonder if the offer from Saints is still on the table? Have to say, I liked the guy but at this stage I think our limited budget would be better spent on other areas.

Just goes to show how little faith you should put in the rumours some of these agents are feeding the media.