Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

7 hours ago, blueheaven said:

If we're not going to get Middleton back, it's going to be tricky finding a similar player who can add pace going forward, can hit a free kick and gives us a big impact option when coming off the bench. I'd love to be able to bring him in ahead of the European games as I think he could make a big difference, but at the moment that seems to be looking unlikely.

Looking at how our squad's shaping up so far I'd say we look stronger at the back with Muller and Devine now here, but at the other end we've lost Middleton, Conway and Melamed who all proved to be important with scoring or providing goals at various points of last season. From looking at that, and also watching the Preston game, my main worry for next season would be that we're still going to find it a struggle to score goals without some good attacking additions.

I'd say there's still two attacking players to come in tbh, plenty of time to make sure they're the right ones for us.

4 hours ago, mainstand said:

Think Mr Griffiths from Celtic could be a free shortly 

I'd be devastated if we signed him.

I think we're waiting on Middleton. Griffiths wouldn't sign for us. Given the current situation with him, I wonder if he'd be looking for a season loan abroad to be out of the spotlight for a bit.

Melamed is on trial at Grimsby which is a pretty huge drop. Not sure what he's thinking.

31 minutes ago, glenrothes saintee said:

BBC Gossip saying Rotherham expected to come back with another bid for Rooney

Probably increased it to £250000.

We are a Europa League Q3 team not some tinpot team desperate for money.

At the end of the day what the player wants will have a lot to do with it.

13 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Probably increased it to £250000.

We are a Europa League Q3 team not some tinpot team desperate for money.

At the end of the day what the player wants will have a lot to do with it.

Scottish cup winners May to Sheffield and MOH to Rangers were more than twice that amount and it was years ago. Therefore I would be looking for twice that. But as you say the player and agent can force a move or threaten to sign pre contract in January and we get nothing. As has been said before fine balancing act. Would like it resolved sooner rather than later

3 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Scottish cup winners May to Sheffield and MOH to Rangers were more than twice that amount and it was years ago. Therefore I would be looking for twice that. But as you say the player and agent can force a move or threaten to sign pre contract in January and we get nothing. As has been said before fine balancing act. Would like it resolved sooner rather than later

I don’t believe that Shaun Rooney has any burning desire to force a move to Rotherham.

36 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

I don’t believe that Shaun Rooney has any burning desire to force a move to Rotherham.

Rotherham not a good move but money might talk. Would hope Shaun would want to go to s more high profile club.

2 hours ago, Tricky6 said:

Thoughts on Cillian Sheridan joining Dundee?

Was a great finisher back in the day, had him as being older than 32

Watched him a few times when he played for Omonia Nicosia against AEK Larnaca, (2015-2016) he certainly knew how to find the back of the net averaged a goal every 2 games. Do not know how he plays 5 years later.

On 7/9/2021 at 5:35 PM, Cksaint said:
1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

Watched him a few times when he played for Omonia Nicosia against AEK Larnaca, (2015-2016) he certainly knew how to find the back of the net averaged a goal every 2 games. Do not know how he plays 5 years later.

He got into double figures whilst he was there and after he left and played  in Poland. Done very little since.

7 hours ago, Cagey said:

Rotherham not a good move but money might talk. Would hope Shaun would want to go to s more high profile club.

Agree with this. I think he would get more money, but realistically he could be getting a current club already based on the last 6 months and he is the same at the start of this season, then he would surely get a championship level club coming in for him in January.

It may be that the club look at a reasonable offer on the table for a player with less than 12 months on his contract and think better to take the cash and use to protect other assets than hope Rooney plays like the 2nd half of last season.

I think for him, he would regret going there. Not because he wouldn't do well, but I'm not sure it is the right club for him and he'd be better served holding out for better. End of the day though, he was at ICT a year ago and to probably quadruple his wages from then and double them from now, would be a lot for a youngish guy to turn down.

He'd do well to have a conversation with Liam Craig and MOH.....