Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

Wie the numbers being quoted in the press for Rooney and McCart then you see Hibs are telling Leeds they want 5 million for Doig WTF. Leeds should take a look at video of Rooney's goal in cup final and see said young lad flailing around in. Shauns slipstream Leeds will tell them to do one

4 minutes ago, john.w said:

Wie the numbers being quoted in the press for Rooney and McCart then you see Hibs are telling Leeds they want 5 million for Doig WTF. Leeds should take a look at video of Rooney's goal in cup final and see said young lad flailing around in. Shauns slipstream Leeds will tell them to do one

Length of contract is the big difference is it not

28 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Length of contract is the big difference is it not

I would say it is, but also Hibs's negotiating history. By turning down fairly big bids before, they will have a reputation of playing hardball and when they say they want nearer x, buying clubs will know they are serious.

That's where we need to get to in order to get top $ for our players. The rejection (so far) of offers from Rotherham and Hibs will let clubs and agents know we are no pushovers and may mean we get more for in-contract players in the future eg McCann.

5-10 tears ago, we'd never have turned down the kind of money we have for a player in the last 12 months of their contract.

Worth nothing with Hibs too, there is a development fee element, so for Doig, there is a base there already that doesnt apply to say Rooney or McCart. 

9 minutes ago, saintgscot said:

Really is that true. Melamed was a done deal before he isolated.

Yeah, I’m guessing they’ll be doing the Day 5 “test to release” to hurry things along. That wasn’t an option when Melamed landed mid lockdown 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19481678.eetu-vertainen-latest-st-johnstone-close-striker-ahead-galatasaray-double-header/?ref=twtrec

1 hour ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Great I thought it was a done deal but all gone quiet, Callum thought he had 2 in the bag by the end of last week, wonder who the other one is.

I’d have a guess at Greg Stewart but maybe the offer from overseas has complicated things on that front?

Th

8 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

Yeah, I’m guessing they’ll be doing the Day 5 “test to release” to hurry things along. That wasn’t an option when Melamed landed mid lockdown 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19481678.eetu-vertainen-latest-st-johnstone-close-striker-ahead-galatasaray-double-header/?ref=twtrec

He should be due out of quarantine Monday (?). It'll be interesting if he's a loan signing or permanent....

3 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Th

He should be due out of quarantine Monday (?). It'll be interesting if he's a loan signing or permanent....

Looks like his contract is up at the end of 2021 so I’m assuming permanent, we could have got him on a PCA so it’ll be deal to bring him in early.