Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

13 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Can't see it "confirmed" anywhere, but it's looking good. Seems like Saints might be actually paying a fee for him?

I was doing a bit of innocent stalking earlier and spotted that Eetu has followed a few Scottish tourism/photography accounts on Instagram.

You’d assume we will be, but I read his contact was up at the end of 2021 so I can’t imagine we’ll be paying a huge fee. 

5 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I was doing a bit of innocent stalking earlier and spotted that Eetu has followed a few Scottish tourism/photography accounts on Instagram.

That is concerning on so many levels.

But I like it.

Eetu, if you're reading, Blueheaven offers tailored guided tours in the Highland wilderness.

Mercato: Saint Johnstone will sign Eetu Vertainen 

Published on : August 2, 2021 (Updated August 2, 2021)/ By Sédric Maurace Assogba

Published in the africafootunited website yesterday

As we announced on July 26, Eetu Vertainen will sign in Saint Johnstone in the coming days. The information was confirmed by FC Ilves manager Jarkko Wiss who spoke out on the likely departure of his striker.

22-year-old Finnish Eetu Vertainen will definitely not be playing for Finnish club HJK Helsinki this season. Saint Johnstone will announce the striker's signing very soon. “Vertainen will continue his career in St Johnstone. All he needs is the work permit from the local authorities. Ilves manager Jarkko Wiss said.

Eetu Vertainen has been self-isolating in Scotland since last week. He could still board the flight to Istanbul for St Johnstone's clash against Galatasaray. But first the Finn must have his papers before the next 24 hours.

Edited by Saintdunc

Great if true. He's the one player that will make an immense difference to us (noticed on a Galatasaray fans post that he was on £3,200 p/w last season) - money well spent! 

I'm actually very happy with the way the squad is- real depth in forwards- Kane, MOH will be challenged by May, Hendry. Chuck in Middleton, we can rotate/ deal with injuries, suspensions. 

Midfield, yes it is a bit of a mess- because of injuries. Spoony, McCann guaranteed. Then pick from Muzz, Craig, Bryson, Gilmour & Eetu-thingie. Shame about Bryson & Gilmour. Gilmour's injury must be pretty bad which is a worry. I don't actually know what his preferred position is, but he probably won't figure for another month. Then the Finn, attacking midfielder which is vital as we're covered by Muzz, Bryson, Gilmour (?) In the holding/ central midfield.

Defence bit short. Muller as cover & not much else to cover Rooney & 3 CB's.

But overall, if Middleton signs, great. Fly in the ointment is if we sell anyone, but we'll deal with that as it arises...

4 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Great if true. He's the one player that will make an immense difference to us (noticed on a Galatasaray fans post that he was on £3,200 p/w last season) - money well spent! 

I'm actually very happy with the way the squad is- real depth in forwards- Kane, MOH will be challenged by May, Hendry. Chuck in Middleton, we can rotate/ deal with injuries, suspensions. 

Midfield, yes it is a bit of a mess- because of injuries. Spoony, McCann guaranteed. Then pick from Muzz, Craig, Bryson, Gilmour & Eetu-thingie. Shame about Bryson & Gilmour. Gilmour's injury must be pretty bad which is a worry. I don't actually know what his preferred position is, but he probably won't figure for another month. Then the Finn, attacking midfielder which is vital as we're covered by Muzz, Bryson, Gilmour (?) In the holding/ central midfield.

Defence bit short. Muller as cover & not much else to cover Rooney & 3 CB's.

But overall, if Middleton signs, great. Fly in the ointment is if we sell anyone, but we'll deal with that as it arises...

You forgot Ballentyne who will replace McCann.

3 minutes ago, Cagey said:

You forgot Ballentyne who will replace McCann.

Maybe still too early? Still, good backup/ learning period for him. Maybe get a game/sub in cup games. Then there's the Ukrainian for potentially next season if he gets good gametime at Brechin. Would like to see a youngster for CD cover, but don't know whether we have anyone there

Gilmour's injury is a recurring back injury that he picked up when on loan to Telstar. Apparently Norwich were unhappy with how Telstar dealt with it, which was why they recalled him from loan. Hopefully he should be back soon.

Great to see Middleton come back. What position is the Finnish player?

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I think it's more likely Gilmour who is being groomed as McCann's replacement. Real shame that he's injured at the moment but he has a good long contract now and I'm sure his chance will come.

Yeah that’s what I thought. Ballantyne to me looks more in the Wotherspoon mould and wouldn’t be surprised to see him cover that role when Spoony away with Canada.

7 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

Yeah that’s what I thought. Ballantyne to me looks more in the Wotherspoon mould and wouldn’t be surprised to see him cover that role when Spoony away with Canada.

What about Eetu? Totten would've described him as "the next Jari Litmanen"...

Thankfully he's not around.