Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

1 hour ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Assume they'll announce something today?

I’m sure I read somewhere it took Motherwell nearly a fortnight to get a work permit sorted for a new signing as brexit has screwed everything. We’re getting close to that so hopefully hear something soon

3 hours ago, John Bonham said:

Really feel Middleton can be a huge key to how this season might go. Feels like a really important part of the jigsaw. 

I think it's massive for us. Pace, positioning, good team player, works his socks off. fits into dressing room (not literally). Fact that he's decent at freekicks & knows our system is an A++++.

Bloody brilliant!!!!!

Edited by Melbourne Saint

We are delighted to announce the signing of Glenn Middleton from Rangers.

The 21-year-old attacking midfielder has signed a season-long loan deal.

Glenn was with us last season from January and played his role in the Scottish Cup success, scoring that memorable free-kick against St Mirren in the semi-final at Hampden Park.

Glenn is looking forward to being part of Callum's squad again and said: "I'm really pleased to be back at St Johnstone.

"I thoroughly enjoyed my time here last season and to be back to help us go again is very exciting.

"The lads in the squad all made me feel welcome when I joined last January and they took me right into the group to make me feel a part of it from day one. 

"There is a great team spirit and I could see that again from the 1-1 draw against Galatasaray last night in the Europa League qualifier. The lads were absolutely brilliant.

"I'm looking forward to getting started and working again with the gaffer, Callum Davidson, and his staff.

"I'd like to thank everyone involved at both Rangers and St Johnstone for working hard behind the scenes to make this move happen."

12 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

I think it's massive for us. Pace, positioning, good team player, works his socks off. fits into dressing room (not literally). Fact that he's decent at freekicks & knows our system is an A++++.

Bloody brilliant!!!!!

Yeah I think there is no doubt how good a player he is and how well he did for us last season. A very welcome return. Think we needed to trouble the Galatasaray keeper more with our long range efforts and we know Glenn can strike a ball.

5 hours ago, tucker said:

Can't play against galastaray he's not eligible due to signing to late Middleton

Okay I believe you, did they not have any of their new signings playing last week? I guess he'll just have to wait until the Randers match to get some European football :). Would think he will get some time tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

Glen Middleton was playing for Rangers in their friendlies this season so should be up to speed.

They played 2 friendlies

Rangers v Brighton team and subs No Middleton

RANGERS: McLaughlin, Patterson (Tavernier, 69), Simpson (Katic, 46), Balogun (Goldson, 69), Bassey (Barisic, 63), Kamara (Lundstram, 46), Kelly (Davis, 69), Arfield (Hagi, 46), Jones (Kent, 69), Wright (Defoe, 63), Itten (Fashion Jr, 63).

Subs: McCrorie.

Rangers v Real Madrid Middleton gets 30 minutes

Rangers
1 A McGregor 2 J Tavernier (c) 6 C Goldson  5 F Helander 31 B Barisic 4 J Lundstram 10 S Davis  7
I Hagi S Wright 30 F Sakala 14 R Kent 60'60th minute
Substitutes
15 J Simpson 45'
27 S  Kelly 85'
99 R McCrorie
3 C Ughelumba 60' 
11 C Itten 60'
18 G Kamara 45'
22 J Jones 72'
26 L Balogun 85'
37 S Arfield 45' 
40 G Middleton 60

Middleton has played 30 mins of football this season nd you think he should be up to speed.

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

They played 2 friendlies

Rangers v Brighton team and subs No Middleton

RANGERS: McLaughlin, Patterson (Tavernier, 69), Simpson (Katic, 46), Balogun (Goldson, 69), Bassey (Barisic, 63), Kamara (Lundstram, 46), Kelly (Davis, 69), Arfield (Hagi, 46), Jones (Kent, 69), Wright (Defoe, 63), Itten (Fashion Jr, 63).

Subs: McCrorie.

Rangers v Real Madrid Middleton gets 30 minutes

Rangers
1 A McGregor 2 J Tavernier (c) 6 C Goldson  5 F Helander 31 B Barisic 4 J Lundstram 10 S Davis  7
I Hagi S Wright 30 F Sakala 14 R Kent 60'60th minute
Substitutes
15 J Simpson 45'
27 S  Kelly 85'
99 R McCrorie
3 C Ughelumba 60' 
11 C Itten 60'
18 G Kamara 45'
22 J Jones 72'
26 L Balogun 85'
37 S Arfield 45' 
40 G Middleton 60

Middleton has played 30 mins of football this season nd you think he should be up to speed.

42 minutes ago, dave mc said:

Started against Tranmere,Started against Partick, he came on against Arsenal 

He certainly as dave mc states played more than a 30 minute appearance against Real Madrid so guess he is more up to speed than you think and are, with your comment :)

Edited by Templar Saint