Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

Unfortunately he's not eligible for return leg as squads have to be decided prior to the first leg. He's been pretty clever choosing Saints over other clubs/ money. He knows how he'll be played, will get some euro action and knows his teammates.

He'll be 22 when his loan finishes, and it's critical for him to have a standout season to either continue his Sevco career, or get a move elsewhere. Otherwise he runs the risk of being another OF "talented, but a slow downward trajectory" youth product.

The other thing I like about him is he seems level headed and very determined, unlike some of the OF loanees who think they're god already.

Also worth giving CD praise for very openly "keeping a light on" for his return. He knows too well Middleton is very important to his formations and... Can score goals. Hallelujah!

Edited by Melbourne Saint

14 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Unfortunately he's not eligible for return leg as squads have to be decided prior to the first leg. He's been pretty clever choosing Saints over other clubs/ money. He knows how he'll be played, will get some euro action and knows his teammates.

He'll be 22 when his loan finishes, and it's critical for him to have a standout season to either continue his Sevco career, or get a move elsewhere. Otherwise he runs the risk of being another OF "talented, but a slow downward trajectory" youth product.

The other thing I like about him is he seems level headed and very determined, unlike some of the OF loanees who think they're god already.

Also worth giving CD praise for very openly "keeping a light on" for his return. He knows too well Middleton is very important to his formations and... Can score goals. Hallelujah!

Don’t think money comes into it - I read somewhere he’s on £3200 a week, which sounds about right for an OF squad player. Loanees stay on their parent-club wages. Saints will pay, what, half or a third of that?  He will, I assume, be the highest-paid player at Saints.

Also likely to get far more win bonuses at Saints then Rángers* :D

Hibs fans on twitter seem pretty sure that they have Jason all lines up and that it will be announced at the end of the week. Saying Drey Wright going in opposite direction. 

Don't see it happening and if anything Wright will be heading to Livi or Killie, both of whom are supposed to have deals for a wide man all set up.  

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

Hibs fans on twitter seem pretty sure that they have Jason all lines up and that it will be announced at the end of the week. Saying Drey Wright going in opposite direction. 

Don't see it happening and if anything Wright will be heading to Livi or Killie, both of whom are supposed to have deals for a wide man all set up.  

They've been claiming they've signed Kerr and/or McCart for the past 4 months. Wright always in the rumours too despite us clearly not wanting him back, nor wanting to reduce any fee received by including a player in the deal.

Absolute dreamers.

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

They've been claiming they've signed Kerr and/or McCart for the past 4 months. Wright always in the rumours too despite us clearly not wanting him back, nor wanting to reduce any fee received by including a player in the deal.

Absolute dreamers.

Random this could well come back to bite you on the bahooky in the same way as your "let the melt downs begin Middleton off to St Mirren" post.  I don't think anyone at Saints has said a) they don't want Drey back and b) that they won't accept a player plus cash deal. In fact I dont think they have said anything other than they have not had any offers or acceptable offers for players. 

I wouldn't be all that surprised to see either Drey Wright or Matty Kennedy end up back here in the future. I think they both fit our system and Wright in particular would be a good fit for RWB if/when we lose Rooney. But now that we've signed Middleton I don't see it happening any time in the immediate future.

Weird that Hibs still seem to want to sign our players - does it ever work out for Saints players who move to Easter Road? Swanson, Craig and now Wright have all gone from being key players at Saints to having a pretty crappy time or it at Hibs. Last one I can think of who did well was John O'Neil and that was about 20 years ago now.

45 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I wouldn't be all that surprised to see either Drey Wright or Matty Kennedy end up back here in the future. I think they both fit our system and Wright in particular would be a good fit for RWB if/when we lose Rooney. But now that we've signed Middleton I don't see it happening any time in the immediate future.

Weird that Hibs still seem to want to sign our players - does it ever work out for Saints players who move to Easter Road? Swanson, Craig and now Wright have all gone from being key players at Saints to having a pretty crappy time or it at Hibs. Last one I can think of who did well was John O'Neil and that was about 20 years ago now.

Rowan Vine went on to great success tbf 

12 hours ago, mainstand said:

Random this could well come back to bite you on the bahooky in the same way as your "let the melt downs begin Middleton off to St Mirren" post.  I don't think anyone at Saints has said a) they don't want Drey back and b) that they won't accept a player plus cash deal. In fact I dont think they have said anything other than they have not had any offers or acceptable offers for players. 

We won't be signing Drey Wright this Summer.

13 hours ago, mainstand said:

Agree with what you say, but personally I'd be surprised if Saints would want Wright. Has he featured that much for Hibs starting XI? I can't recall exactly, and may be wrong, but seem to remember he's on their bench a fair bit. That doesn't mean he's shite, but his value would be affected as a result? Maybe that does make him attractive to Saints, and it would presumably be a fairly quick and straightforward signing from an administrative point of view....

...but throwing the Rooney scenario in doesn't work for me either right now. Rotherham stated that they'd take their chip butty away 9 days ago (or something like that), if a fee couldn't be agreed. Unless there's another club willing to pay around the £300k mark, it appears he's going nowhere.

Hibs will have the funds to sign Kerr outright. We'll need to buy a replacement (obviously) and perhaps a backup defender. Then there's the McCart speculation. I don't think the board would allow both CD's to go in a short timeframe. That stuffs up Europe as well as the league.

I'm assuming this rumour, if true, with the "end of the week" timeline rests in part on Saints result v Galatasaray?

1 hour ago, tucker said:

Matty Kennedy linked with loan move to st mirren or Ross county what must he be thinking a season after leaving saints when double winners etc

We'll never know.  He's left us, gone to a club where he's never really been a regular starter, and now finds himself loaned out elsewhere - all presumably making more money than he was making here.  Depends what's important to him I guess.  Ok, double cup win for us, but the fact is - Saints didn't need him to achieve that.  So the answer to your question is "who cares?"

6 hours ago, HertsAgain said:

We'll never know.  He's left us, gone to a club where he's never really been a regular starter, and now finds himself loaned out elsewhere - all presumably making more money than he was making here.  Depends what's important to him I guess.  Ok, double cup win for us, but the fact is - Saints didn't need him to achieve that.  So the answer to your question is "who cares?"

We 'll

I think in the long run the bonuses that our players are getting and on for a Euro run probably will out weigh his now wage..

Off ya go to Ross County and then to oblivion

5 minutes ago, tucker said:

I'm just wondering if they'll parade him at halftime against galastaray 

He was in the Main Stand at the Motherwell game and I really thought he was going to get paraded on the pitch, but it didn't happen. Not sure the Galatasaray game would be the right time to do it - too much other stuff going on for the club to stay on top of.

Would be great if he could be confirmed in time to get some game time at Arbroath, though.

Hibernian head coach Jack Ross denied that his side's European Conference League qualifying exit at the hands of Rijeka will pave the way for a player exodus but admitted it had underlined the need for new recruits, with the pursuit of a centre-half a priority. (The Scotsman)

Wonder if they will throw any low ball offers at some of ours :rolleyes: