Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

15 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

It has all gone quiet since the Coach of Ilves told us that the young Finn was on his way to Saints. Has anyone heard anything? Have Saints mentioned him?

Must be visa problems as hit quarantine should well past.

2 hours ago, Saintdunc said:

It has all gone quiet since the Coach of Ilves told us that the young Finn was on his way to Saints. Has anyone heard anything? Have Saints mentioned him?

Sure they mentioned they were working on it but it seemed a done enough deal. I think it must be a work permit/visa thing? Maybe we aren't paying enough to satisfy the UK government!

Edited by garydavidson

A while back I know, but with Jason Scotland, did we not announce the signing and then say it was subject to a work permit?

I know govts are slow, but they must be able to get this sorted reasonably quickly. Imagine if one of the EPL clubs had to wait for ages. Guarantee Chelsea wont have to wait a few weeks to play Lukaku. 

Edited by TheYellowBox

2 minutes ago, TheYellowBox said:

Guarantee Chelsea wont have to wait a few weeks to play Lukaku. 

Ones a £100m International top drawer footballer, and the other is a nominal fee from Finland, of course they won't be treated the same.

Fairly sure Motherwell took over 2 weeks to finalise their deal for a Finnish CB. Think you're probably having to look at 2-3 weeks at least for these things now maybe.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Ones a £100m International top drawer footballer, and the other is a nominal fee from Finland, of course they won't be treated the same.

Fairly sure Motherwell took over 2 weeks to finalise their deal for a Finnish CB. Think you're probably having to look at 2-3 weeks at least for these things now maybe.

He’s been here 4. weeks seems extraordinarily long 

I wonder what Saints have organised for training for him? Can he "mix" with the squad in training? Doubt it, but would be worth a try. Guess the best we can hope for is he goes through fitness training.

Oh, and Charlie Gilmour is back in light training. Guess if all goes to plan, back late September.

Watched Brechin v Rothes this afternoon, Max Kucheriavyi was the best player of the park by a mile.  Good free kick to set up the first goal and a terrific direct free kick in the last minute to nick a point.  Took all the dead balls, and controlled the middle of the park. I can see why he got a contract at Saints, he has bags of potential.

3 hours ago, montrosesaintee said:

Watched Brechin v Rothes this afternoon, Max Kucheriavyi was the best player of the park by a mile.  Good free kick to set up the first goal and a terrific direct free kick in the last minute to nick a point.  Took all the dead balls, and controlled the middle of the park. I can see why he got a contract at Saints, he has bags of potential.

Great to hear this, hopefully the new Ali McCann. I'm in Inverness so will look out for a Brechin away game I can get to when I can't make the Saints game.

In a way, delays to permits might be to saints advantage. On the one hand, we rarely sign overseas players, so less of an issue for us bringing in players than others.

On the flip of that, if it is an issue for clubs and delays transfers, as we get closer to the close of the window, clubs down south will be more reluctant to buy players from abroad if they think there is a 4 week wait to play them, (managers can go with a run of 4 weeks lossses) then they may look to Scorland more, which will push demand and prices up, McCann being the obvious big impact for us. A £2m valued player, can quickly become £3m and so on. 

32 minutes ago, TheYellowBox said:

In a way, delays to permits might be to saints advantage. On the one hand, we rarely sign overseas players, so less of an issue for us bringing in players than others.

On the flip of that, if it is an issue for clubs and delays transfers, as we get closer to the close of the window, clubs down south will be more reluctant to buy players from abroad if they think there is a 4 week wait to play them, (managers can go with a run of 4 weeks lossses) then they may look to Scorland more, which will push demand and prices up, McCann being the obvious big impact for us. A £2m valued player, can quickly become £3m and so on. 

We are asking £3m supposedly

16 hours ago, montrosesaintee said:

Who's the other player at Brechin? Is it the goalie?

2 minutes ago, Shibbydoo said:

We are asking £3m supposedly

Which hopefully becomes more.

Club may be willing to listen at £3m, but get couple of clubs interested and that can rise quickly.

Even if the fee doesnt, the add ons will. I think ultimately that is where we may make the most on McCann. 20% sell on for a player, who in England could potentially go for 8 figures would be massive for saints. Actually worth sacrificing some up front fee for. 

2 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Your Source I cannot a figure quoted by the club

As far as i am aware not bids for him at any price

That's what I mean, club may be willing to listen to offers over £xm, but be looking for more.

The only 'source' anyone has is steve Brown saying we want more than our record sale, which was £1.875m. 

3 minutes ago, Shibbydoo said:

Stoke were supposedly told £3m and told us to gtf 

Stoke City have been linked with a £1 million swoop for St Johnstone star Ali McCann.

Potters boss Michael O’Neill knows McCann well from his days as Northern Ireland boss – and has kept tabs on his progress at St Johnstone. (Courier last month)